Black Menu?

Discussion in 'Bloodlines Hints & Tips' started by Dark Elf, Jul 21, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    So, I bought Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines today, and happily installed it on my computer. Then, I proceeded to download and install the latest official patch (vers. 1.2). Then I tried actually playing the damn game.

Nothing on the screen. It's black. Sound works just great though.

If I press Alt + Esc and then go back into the game again I *might* be lucky enough to see the Activision/Troika logos come and go but the menu remains black no matter what I do.

Computer Specs? Yeah, thought you'd want them.

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ (2,21 GHz)
    512 MB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT (Direct X 9.0c + latest drivers)

Looks like I'm well above minimum specs, heh? Just at a loss for what to do...

2. rEt.aR.d

rEt.aR.d New Member

Oh, that's happened to me about 3 or 4 times. If your problem is the same as mine, try restarting your computer and entering again. But if your problem is the same as mine, then you've probably figured this out by now (been 2 months), so I guess there's no point to this post. Someone I know says his game doesn't work cuz his soundcard is old, maybe you should check yours?But then the sound wouldn't work nicely, now would it?

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Add more RAM.

EDIT: I dedicate this post to independance.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Wasn't the RAM or anything, it was my refresh rate that was too high. Strangely enough, VTMB couldn't support higher refresh rates than 60... only game I've ever had that problem with.

Of course, five minutes after I changed that the curse of the vampire was upon me, so I had to throw money at a new power supply. Spooky business, that.

Our Host!