Better Guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elfiro, Oct 2, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Elfiro

Elfiro New Member

The First time i played through the game
    i made a looking glass rifle and it was the best weapon i had for the game.even tho the tech schematic was at the fifth degree of gunsmithy and not seventh,which is elephant gun.looking glass was 40-40,and elephant something like 10-30,but the second time i played the game the looking glass rifle was only 10-30,and elephant gun was 30-40,was this some kind of bug? or did it depend on my skill?

2. Soren The Wild

Soren The Wild New Member

Both guns you mentioned where changed in the patch. So if you play Arcanum unpatched they will be like your first game and if you patch they will be like you just descibed. The reason for this was probably that the looking glass rifle was hugely unbalanced imo.

3. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Everyone better keep your hands off my LGR ro I'll get angry and :minigun: It was the only thing that actually allowed my weakling low DX low ST and no Dodge or Melee Techie to survive. :smile:

4. dine

dine New Member

I used some gun I made with a Schematic, I can't think of the name off the top of my head, but it's a charge weapon, you make by combinging the looking glass rifle and the tesla rod, it's ... very nice, though perhaps not the nicest weapon out there, does 40-80 I think ... i could be a bit off there though.

5. cruden

cruden New Member

Does the hushed revolver hav any uses. Its much weaker then the fine revolver and it doesn't seem that silenced after all in my game

6. Elfiro

Elfiro New Member

the tesla gun does 10-80 damage in the patched version,i think. the hushed revolver really doesnt have a real use,but it might have helped me when i killed the magick shopkeepers in tarant,im not sure

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

the vendigroth pistol is the best 20-40 dmamage and 13 speed

8. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

10. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

But you'll get it if you keep on posting so much. And, something new will be designed you'll be stuck with it :smile:

BTW what don't you like about this graphic?

11. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Oh, I like it. It's great. But I'm a mage from Tulla, remember? So what would I do with a gun?

12. Saint_Proverbius

13. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

You're a mage :minigun: Can you speak the words of a spell faster than bullets fly?

No offense just kidding, BTW it would be nice if one could choose a mage/tech aptitude in his/her profile which would result in different status pics. What do you think Saint?

EDIT - One more thing. Where is the trigger in this gun?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragoon on 2001-10-03 20:27 ]</font>

14. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

looks almost like the same 4 barrel shotgun from alone4 man that game sucked.

15. Ioo

Ioo New Member

No trigger, you just bang it against the wall with it's butt and *gasp* it shoots.

And mages suck :minigun: tho they are alot easier to play and that isn't fair to us tech guys.

And I got LGR at level 8 I think, i went to Tarant, then took the train to ashbury and stole the gun from that firearms master so i could kill the gang :smile:

16. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

17. Saint_Proverbius

The trigger is there on the bottom. You can't see it because of the angle of the render, but it's there.

As for making it so magick people get one line of ranks, and tech get another, I'm not too sure how easy that would be to impliment. If if it is easy, I'll need a bunch more rank pics.. heh

18. BFG 9000

BFG 9000 New Member

SERIOUSLY, Arcanum should have guns that have Character !

Example :

BFG 9000- an energy gun using batteries which cause area damage, just like in Doom. Good for clearing rooms of monsters.

Plasma Gun- energy gun with a high rate of fire, moderate damage but the speed makes up for it.

Chainsaw- Battery powered saw with high damage and moderate speed (found schematics)

Invinciility Shields- Potions which bestow temporary invulnerability when the screen turn black and white.

Adrenaline boosters- Potions which enable unarmed damage to shoot up temporarily, so gaunlets can do a lot more destruction. Maybe decrease the defence of the user during the duration.

------------------------------------
    Doom III is coming soon !!

Iddqd !!

19. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

hmmmm

Doom 3 is too heavy for my budget 2 years old computer. :sad:

20. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

If you check the Schematic database in the "library" it says there is a multi barrelled pistol but the only schem I found was in the factory in tarant and it couldn't be used only sold to the thieve's underground. Whats the deal with that?

Our Host!