Best Followers ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Zekuta, Dec 22, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Really??? What spell? And do those people take offense when you do it?

2. Canis

Canis New Member

Dominate Will, I would presume. When the spell runs out, the person's reaction will drop towards you, but they don't seem to care whilst the spell is maintained.

3. The_Malus_Monkey

The_Malus_Monkey New Member

Of course they dont mind when you have the spell going, you have complete control over them!!!

4. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

invisibility isnt as useful as i hoped. i tried making me and all of my follwers invisible and walking through the bmc without attacking anything, but they still attacked me.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Then you could as well kill that person and take their money. What's the point in that kind of spell?

6. Canis

Canis New Member

Perhaps it amuses some folk to see their enemy turn and fight by their side. Pure necessity and usefulness don't seem to enter into it. Bah, don't ask me, the magickal mind is a mystery to me.

7. StudlyDuck

StudlyDuck New Member

You could take their equipment, which makes it easier to kill them and take their money.

8. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

I like Geoffrey, but he isn't all that useful, since when I'm playing evil I usually play a Necromancer-type character, but I just like him for his wits. And the fact that he's voiced (I usually only take voiced characters along, I think they have more of a personality then, unless they're Perriman Smythe, who has his personality regardless of voicing). And the fact that's he's evil. Hey, how many evil voiced characters can you find anyway? Virgil (potentially), Geoffrey, Torian Kel, Zan Alu'rin and that's it. I think. Oh yes...Arronax and the gang are probably voiced too but you find them about 10 minutes before finishing the game.

Back on the subject, I find "Dog" (Worthless Mutt, but I call him Dog, beacuse that's what he's called when he joins you) pretty good. Very good, in fact. He's free, and it can even get up to Master with Melee, for some reason. But he can't carry items, but nontheless. "Dog" is more like Ultra-Killing machine to me...he takes down bears, yetis, monsters-from-hell, which isn't often for a Dog.

9. jagz2006

jagz2006 New Member

ah, the age old argument between magick and technology, when will it end? don't you know, all you have to do is prowl up behind someone, magick or not, and stab him once or twice and he's dead? personally, i stay neutral so i can use pick lock and be able to wear creap armor :smile:

Our Host!