Attribute and skill buffs

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Deman, Dec 13, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Deman

Deman Member

I'm planning on a new character build and need some guidance. Let me start with the effect.mes file itself.

1) effect.mes - As I've noticed, some effects (like for example the one of the ring of influence) aren't documented in this message file. Thus, I assume the list continues in another. What is this file named and were is it to be found?

2) be +2, ch +2, Persuasion +5} // Lady Druella is with the PC - Is this effect used? If yes, are the bonuses just intact after Druella joins you during the quest or would it also be if you dominated her will after completing it (I would guess so if I'm to take the effect literally)? I know the mental spell doesn't last forever, unless I take advantage of a bug. If I do so after the quest is finished, I guess the later meeting with the couple in Roseborough wont be triggered. Doubtful about this, but is the meeting with Druella and Chambers crucial for the game or is there perhaps anything gained from it?

3) wp +2, ch -2} // dark elf follower - Similar as with the former above, is this effect used and goes intact once Z'an Al'urin joins your group?

4) in +2, pe +2, wp +2, ch +2} //Tech Mental Boost, st +2, dx +2, cn +2, be +2} //Tech Physical Boost, st -1, dx -1, cn -1, be -1} // Tech Item: Brain Boost Part I, st +1, dx +1, cn +1, be +1} // Tech Item: Muscle Boost Part I - I suppose these bonuses come from items of temporary use, that are crafted from schematics. Are these found schematics and will the effects still apply if your character is of magickal attitude?

5) Tech gear - Do the bonuses gained from tech gear (for example charged ring +2 DEX) still apply if your character is of magickal attitude?

6) {DX +2, ST +1, CN +1} // Magnus' Iron Clan Guantlets - Are these gauntlets useable by the PC? If they're a tech item the same thoughts about magickal attitude remains as in question 4 and 5.

Thanks in advance,
    Deman

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Stays intact. As much as this background screams for a proper plot hook assigned to it, all it does is changing your stats.

3. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I found the character types from CarArcanum interesting. My current character, which I invented, changes the teacher (followers gain apprentice & expert levels) so that you gain maxfollowers +1 but suffers from maxcarry -500 and -10 crithit chance (I think that's what they're called).

4. Deman

Deman Member

Thanks for the answers so far. Between, do the backgrounds in question 4 refer to Mind Marvel and Brain Builder? Can these things be found in shops or are they only available when being created? Also, will there still be an effect if my character is having a high magickal aptitude after he consumes (?) them?

Our Host!