Attempt to Roleplay

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Icairus, Oct 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Guard

I continued to run up towards the cell where I had heard the scream. Drackius was making a ton of noise, from the sound of it setting the dwarf free. When I arrived at the cell, the guard was ready, armed and blocking me from seeing whatever was in the cell. He charged at me, while I calmly through my chakram at his neck. A moment later, I dodged the sword that his body was still carrying, although his head had not continued in the same forward movement that the body had since my Chakram had made contact with the neck. I caught my chakram and was about the clean it when I remembered what I was doing there and looked in the cell. Inside of it was a young woman of a race I had never seen before. The clothes she had been wearing were in shreds, and she was bleading from just above her navel. The intentions of the guard were quite obvious from the fact that she had been disrobed with a knife and had been cut in the process. I got out my shredded dress and try to cover her up with it. After managing to contort the shreds of cloth into some form of clothing, the two men arrive.

2. Flink

Flink New Member

When I and Drackius arived I was exausted. I'd tried to keep up with my new human companion but being locked in a small cell for four months cuppled with the fact that I might be getting a bit too old for this sort of thing had given me a loss of breath.
    I put my hands on my kneecaps and breathed heavy for a few seconds before looking at what actually happened in the cell.
    That poor guard. His blood was sprayed all over the fine wheel clan maisonry of the left wall. At least he died quickly...

The elven woman was bent over what looked like some manner of beast. After focusing my eyes I was able to make out something that looked like a face and a bruised arm. A female I deducted. But of what race, I could not say...

I then looked down at the floor. And to my amazement I realized that the small pool of blood made by the newly decapitated guard was gone!
    I quickly bent down and put my ear to the floor and began knocking at the tiles with a small stone I found beteween them. Aye, There was defenatly something under here...

I rose to my feet and adressed the elven woman who was taking care of the strange girl...

"Lass! I don't know who ye are, But I'm pretty sure ye'll have no chance to escape throu the normal exit. The complex be full of guards not to mention powerful mages... Damn mages..."

I tapped the floor with my foot to make sure that I was correct. Aye, there was defenatly something under here...

I looked back at the elf.

"Now, I'll state mi' reputation as a miner that there's a hidden tunnel under heir... I don't know where it goes, but I'm sure it be better then facing the blasted mages upstairs..."

I awaited the womans response...

- Krog Deepminer

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Getting out of here

Drackius and the Dwarf came over to the cell and the Dwarf informed me there was something under the floor. I told him "there usually is something under the floor, it is called the ground." He said something about mages, and I had to exercise a great deal of constraint in order to keep myself from disintigrating him. I then told him that he was right, we should find a different way out from the main entrance, but that I doubted that where we were actually was Tulla, it didn't seem to fit.
    -Q'ay Teera

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Nice. Very nice. Whoever it was under that blanket in the room was very nice indeed. I introduced myself to her while the other were chatting about the floor. All she did was avoid all eye contact and hide under her shredded rags.

The other two interrupted me with talk about finding a way out and there being too many mages in this place. I told them:

"We get my gear back first. I'm not going to be any good with just this robe and my bare hands, I'm not some sort of hand-to-hand combat master."

The others agreed. Grabbing some supplies before we got out of here would be a good idea. We could see a room at the end of the passage that was most likely a supply room of some sort. I was dearly hoping my gear was in there, along with some food and other things. The unfortunate thing for us was that by the sounds of things, more guards were on their way.

I suggested Krog start with the floor, seeing as he's the dwarf and would know what he's looking for. The girl could stay here with him and Kway and I would run up to the room and see if we could grab any gear before the guards came.

- Drackius Hollander

5. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

[ooc] alright, by popular demand, I am altering this entrance. It will be a little later than this one was.[/ooc]

6. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Make More Sense

[ooc]Ray, your post made little sense, please go back, hit the edit button and change it a little to fit in. Being that Drackius and I are headed down the hall, are you arriving as we depart? Afterwards, when it is just the Dwarf and the girl? Speaking in third person? It is preferable to be a character. I am going to make the assumption that you are coming in after Drackius and I have left.
    For all: Should I post as the girl, too or will we just all have control over her by what we say?[/ooc]
    Drackius and I headed down the hallway towards the storeroom he believed to exist. We walked to the end of the cells and Drackius said something, but I did not hear what. I tried to open the door to the storeroom, but it was far to heavy, although I am pretty weak, so Drackius may be able to handle it easily.

7. DarkUnderlord

Re: Make More Sense

[ooc] :nod: It confused the hell outta me too. Have we found another guy here? If we have, tell me and I'll edit this post.[/ooc]

I heaved against the door at the end of the hall. It was solid and well built. Kway helped and suddenly, the door swung open. Only, it wasn't as a result of our effort. On the other side were two Ogre guards. Both of them were carrying Large Hammers and looked as if they were certainly ready to use them.

With no weapon on hand, there wasn't much I could do except jump back out of the way as Kway took out her chakram and flung it into the air. It hit with precision, but some-what disappointingly, lodged in the closest Ogres thick throat. The Ogre fell down, dead. The other Ogre who was still very much alive at this point, brought his hammer down on Kway, who only just rolled out of the way in time. The Ogre brought his hammer up for a second go and I slipped through the doorway into the room behind him. There, on the wall, was Grandmaster Toasty III, my flamethrower...

Kway was still busy dodging the Ogre's blows as I quickly reached up and grabbed my weapon off of the wall. I flung it over my shoulder, aimed at the Ogre and opened her up. The burst of flame travelled majestically through the air and reached its target. The Ogre's attention was very quickly directed at me, but it didn't last long. The thick coat over his leather armour had caught fire and he was burning. He was a hollerin' and yellin' as he slapped himself silly, trying to put out the flames. This gave enough time for Kway to dislodge her chakram from the dead Ogres throat and finish off the flaming one.

The smell of burnt pork was overwhelming as the flames still licked the flesh of the now dead Ogre. I noticed some wooden tables and chairs near the flames and wondered whether I should put the fire out or not...

- Drackius Hollander

8. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Made it in

Drackius and I heaved at the door, and it opened, but looking through it was obvious that our heaving was not a factor. There were two Ogre guards on the other side. This made me realize that this is not Tulla, we are somewhere else, the guards there are Mages or that which is summoned by mages, and these were definately real Ogres. My train of though was interrupted, however, by a giant hammer swinging at my head. I barely managed to get out of the way, and threw my Chakram. Well, that guard could now be called Nearly Headless Nick, but the nearly part had stopped my Chakram, I would have to get it back. Drackius was busy doddging the blows of the other Ogre when he realized that we might be right about that being a storeroom and dove in. The ogre redirected its swinging blows at me. I somehow managed to prevent my head from acquiring a flat shape while he took his time in there. After what seemed like an hour of dodging blows, a stream of flame came from the storeroom, lighting the Ogre on fire. I moved around the burning Ogre and into the storeroom. Drackius was staring, fascinated at the burning ogre as if he had never seen fire before and was wondering if it was contageous. I ignored him and looked around the storeroom. It must have been the most impressive armory ever. They had nearly every weapon I had ever seen. I look for good items for slicing off a few more heads on the way out and see that there is a forge in the back. I see on the floor a note, various attempts at combining weapons. PyroAxe with Sword of Air, Elephant Gun with Stillwater blade, these are some very strange combinations. At the bottom of the list, in fresh ink is Stillwater Blade with a Chakram. I see on the forge, there it is, still hot. I will probably take it after it has cooled down.
    -Q'ay Teera

9. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

[ooc] Ive moved the entrance to here, and narrowed it down to one guy, to make it easier, sometimes I get to engulfed in what im writing to pay attention to details :grin: [/ooc]

There was commotion happening all around me as all types of prisoners were yelling about the escapees. I've been here too long, so I decided I would become one too. It took a few tries, but the cell door finnally broke free, with a little help from my lovely pistol, of course. It seems this place can't handle technology all that well, so well, it wouldn't be much harder from here. I ran down the hallway, in the direction of some fighting, and heard two loud thuds, as if two ogres had been taken out, I hope there are more, and maybe some with bullets.

<Spade, a 30 year old human male with no love other than gambling and firearms, has some repair skills, but only for fixing guns and so forth. He always has a "pet" gun with him, and says its his own invention, but never lets anyone near it without firing a few rounds. It's also a possibility that he has some magick training.>

When I got there, it looked as if I had missed the action, and two people were in the room, rifling through all the valuables. I decided I would wait until they were done.
    -Spade-

10. Flink

Flink New Member

I guess my idea about digging throu the floor wasn't as well reseaved as I had hoped... A real shame too, the rock (Vendigroth granite) would have been a pleasure to dig throu... Aye, granite is such a lovley material to work with. Nice clean shavings, beautyful texture... Wait a minute..

I looked up. Everyone was gone! everyone exept the odd lass that is...

I grabbed the strange girl's hand. It was very cold. She'd probably been here longer then I had...
    I tried to calm her down with a few words, but she didn't seem to understand what I said.

Then we both heard the sound of battle comming from the end of one of the tunnels. The lass looked alarmed. But some how she seemed to trust me as I grabbed her hand again and led her down the corridor towards the noise.

When we arived the elf and Drackius had given the two ogre guards a real beating. Darn it! why am I always the one missing all the action? The two of them where now busy looting the store room for equipment.

What I didn't notice was a strange figure lurking in the shadows beside the door. (Ray Stryke)

I made a signal with my hand and the odd girl followed me in to the store room. The elf and Drackius first looked alarmed when someone suddenly entered the room. The elf grabbed her Chakram and Drackius grabbed his newly aquired framethrower. But when they saw it was me they both lowered their weapons.

"I think ye forgot somethin..." I said as I pointed at the girl I'd dragged to the store room. "What do we do with this wee lass?"

11. DarkUnderlord

[OOC]Ray, much better! :D Seeing as Krog passed you, I'll put you hiding in the corner for now. Someone with a higher perception might notice you there... *cough* Perhaps Quay? *cough*[/OOC]

Krog came in the door as Kway and I were looting the store-room. He had the girl with him. Lucky guy, he seemed to be chatting her up.

"Have you finished with the floor?, I asked. I noticed a shape in a dark corner of the room behind the door, just near Krog, but thought nothing of it.

Krog replied that he hadn't dug a hole in the floor at all.

"Well what the hell are you doing here then!?", I said, "I thought we agreed that you'd dig up the floor and look after the girl while we grabbed our gear and came back to you?"

He ummed and ahhed a bit before he said that he'd heard all the noise and came to help us just in case we were in trouble.

"Well, we're all right. Thanks anyway, now are we going to go back and dig up the floor or are we going to look for another way out?", I replied, picking up some containers of fuel and shoving them in a pack I'd found.

- Drackius Hollander

12. Icairus

Icairus New Member

the storeroom

The dwarf walked into the storeroom with the girl and talked to Drackius, although he was mumbling to Drackius and I couldn't hear a word of it, judging from the way Drackius yelled at him about getting out through the floor, I figured that he had done absolutely nothing. I noticed the girl was staring at something outside the storeroom, in the shadows. I suggested that the girl could stay with Drackius and I while the dwarf went back and dug his hole. The dwarf agreed and Drackius just glared at me like I was insane. I noticed a shovel in the storeroom and chucked it at the dwarf, evidently he isn't much of a catch, because he tried to dodge it and wound up getting whacked in the shoulder. He figured that was me telling him to get out of here, so he picked up the shovel and ran. I was going to apologize for hitting him, but then I remembered that he was a dwarf, and I was certainly not going to go out of my way to apologize to a dwarf!

The girl, meanwhile, who evidently had no sense of modesty had dropped the rags and begun putting on some Leather Armor. This had definately grabbed Drackius's attention, as he was staring at her. I quickly grabbed a robe and covered her with it, but the second I took my hand off, she dropped it again and resumed putting the armor on. I asked her what she was doing and she actually spoke, although she said it as if she had never used her vocal cords before. "G-g-g-gua-a-ards.... mu-u-us...t...D-d-die." I decided that it would be no help trying to cover her while she struggled against the armor and helped her put it on. She then grabbed the strangest bow I have ever seen, it was only about a foot long and a large quiver of arrows and attached them to her back. She gave me the impression of knowing what she was doing. This is a drastic change from the girl who was trying to hide in her cell shortly before.

I asked her what she had been staring at earlier, and she grabbed my hand and we walked down to the shadows she had been staring at. When we got nearby, I noticed a person was standing in the shadows and pulled out my Chakram, she pulled off the bow and prepared to fire an arrow through his head. He jumped out of the shadows and began to talk all in a run so that I couldn't understand a word he said. I told him to repeat himself and slow down and his head my remain attached to his shoulders.
    -Q'ay Teera
    [ooc]If you don't like what I did with the girl, I will go with her more consistent with previous posts[/ooc]

13. Flink

Flink New Member

Argh.. I guess my old ears are getting a bit rusty. Or maybe I'd just been to facinated by the rocks in the cell that I didn't hear what my companions actually wanted me to do...

Anyway... After some more running, and one soar shoulder later I was on my way back to the cell, this time with a shovel. I was actually a bit giddy. I was finally going to do what Alberecht put me here to do again, DIG!

After reaching the cell, I removed the lifeless body that was ones one of my captors and started to study the floor for a good place to start. It didn't take me long to find a crack between two smaller floor blocks. And with little effort I'd broken them free. I then began digging throu the layers of dirt. I'd really forgotten how fun digging could be!

I was just about to hit what I deduced would be the cealing tiles of the passage below when I heard something. I spun around just in time to see that another guard had sneaked up on me as I was digging, and that he was just about to whip out his sword.

I quickly jumped out of the small hole I'd made and hit him in the chest with the handle of the shovel. The guard groaned but he still managed to pull out his sword.

He swung it against my face. Actually cutting of a few locks of my beard. But thats all he got. With the hamfisted swing he had exposed a part of his belly that was completely unprotected by armor or clothing. I took my chance and stabbed him with the shovel as hard as I could. The guard fell to the ground, screaming in pain.

I knew that his screaming would alert others of his kind. So I quickly hit him over the head with the shovel. Knocking him out cold.

But it was too late! In the distance I could hear an alarm-bell and I could also see that the big gate at the end of the hall was opening.

I quickly ran back towards the store room but hid behind a corner to see exactly what would come throu the gate.

A mage, obviously quite a powerful mage of half-elven or possibly elven lineage (They all look the same to me.) led a small group of guards. The mage was old, Dressed in a grey robe with a strange red symbol. As they came up to the cell with the hole and the two dead guards the mage bent down to inspect the mess. He then rose to his feet and adressed one of the guards.

"This is bad! Someone's gotten to speciement 126... Seal of all the exits and release the Gowrath. I'm sure it will be able to handle anything thats managed to crawl out of its cell... Its too bad that we'll lose 126, but its to dangerous to let someone else figure out its secrets."

He began to walk back towards the gate, but quickly swung around and looked back at the guard.

"Better make it the greater Gowrath, just to be safe..."

They then proceeded out the same way they came in and the gate closed behind them. I could hear the locking mechanism chatter, and then how another gate opened somewhere further away and a few growls from the same direction. It was probably the Gowrath.

I desided to run back to the store-room.

As I got there things had changed somewhat. The girl and the elven woman where both keeping their weapons aimed at a human that I didn't recognize... While Drackius stood a bit of to the side, preoccupied with his weapon. He seemed like he had yet to notice what the women where up to.

As he looked up and saw me he looked somewhat annoyed.

"Why are you here again!? Don't tell me you're senile or something?!"

After an angry glare, I quickly explained what had happened back in the cell before getting interupted by a fearsome howl, The Gowrath was getting closer...

14. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

[ooc] Spade quickly snaps out of the exitement and gets into a more relaxed state, and slows his speech to more understandable manner[/ooc]

I might have looked a little too much as if I were aggressive, for they have pulled their weapons on me, although, maybe I can charm my way out of this situation. I then apologized to those with readied stances, and explained who I was, making sure to keep my hand on my weapon in case they were on one track to kill me. Though where I was, I only had the wall behind me...pretty much a rock and a hard place as it goes. They seemed like the type to listen, but I could never be sure. Just think of a plan in case...they try to kill me...
    -Spade

15. Icairus

Icairus New Member

[ooc]Your ooc wasn't really out of character, and please use a little more detail, you introduced yourself? You haven't introduced yourself out of character, much less in it. I'm just going to go with your speech being pretty well uninteligable[/ooc]
    The man slowed down his speach enough to be understandabe and introduced himself as Spade, which is all I understood of what he sounds like he has less of an understanding of the language than the girl.
    His body language, however was quite easy to understand. Backing up and holding his hand on what is certainly a gun, seems like this is not a friendly, whatever he is. However, before I could decide what to do about him (less whether to kill him and more how) the dwarf ran up and was talking about some sort of danger.
    -Q'ay Teera

16. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

[ooc]:-o [quote: Ray Stryke]<Spade, a 30 year old human male with no love other than gambling and firearms, has some repair skills, but only for fixing guns and so forth. He always has a "pet" gun with him, and says its his own invention, but never lets anyone near it without firing a few rounds. It's also a possibility that he has some magick training.>[/quote]
    hmmm maybe that will clear that mystery up...[/ooc]

Realising I was speaking one of my ogrish tounges, [ooc] :cough: he happens to be of some intelligence, unfortunatly im forced to make him seem even smarter by adding another language, though fortunatly ogrish would probably not be too hard to learn. :roll: [/ooc] I quickly fixed my mistake and saw them watching my hand more than my face, ok....the only choice I had in this situation, since I botched talking my way out of it, was either a miracle or a bouquet of flowers, handy behind my back...

As I was figuring out how to get myself out of yet another mess, a dwarf ran up, obviously knowing these other people, and began yelling of a Gowrath coming this way, maybe this was the miracle...I hope so...but what a horrible miracle...
    -Spade

17. DarkUnderlord

Kway threw a shovel at Krog. Heheh. That'll learn him. Krog then ran off with the shovel to start digging. Hopefully we'd get back and find a hole there.

I kept going through the storeroom, adding things into my pack that tought might be useful. Rope, a small knife, lockpicks, spare robes and some more fuel. I can never have enough fuel. While I was doing this, the girl was getting dressed. She was putting on some leather armour. Kway saw me staring at the girl and kept trying to cover her up. This girl wasn't modest though, as she just let the robes drop again. Then she takes Kway's hand, goes over to the corner of a room and blow me down, another guy pops out of the shadows.

From what the new guy rambled off, I think he said his name was "Spade". He was an odd looking sort of guy. Didn't seem to be that bright either. Kway seemed to be handling it so I grabbed some more fuel to put in my pack. In the distance, I heard someone scream... (The guard Krog killed).

It wasn't long before an alarm went off somewhere. Fantastic. Soon after that, Krog came running back in, except this time, he seemed to be missing a fair chunk of his beard. He blathered something about killing a guard and seeing more of them coming, saying something about a specimen of some sort in one of the cells then mentioning a Gowrath. Then we all heard a growl...

Great. What the bloody hell had the dwarf done now? Not only had he NOT dug the hole, but he'd single handedly managed to set off the alarm and have some kind of monster sent after us. I made a mental note to kill the dwarf should I ever get out of this alive...

- Drackius Hollander

18. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Storeroom

The Dwarf yelled on about a Gowrath being sent to kill us. He also said something about speciment 126, which evidently referred to the girl. I grabbed her hand, and pulled her into the storeroom, and the Spade character followed us inside.
    Everyone was inside of the storeroom. I decided that our best chance for survival was to close the door, with all of us, it should be possible. 5 people should be able to close the door. I tell everyone to do so, and they do. An excellent side affect of being a master of persuasion.
    The four of us (minus the girl) pushed on the door, but we barely managed to make it move. I managed to signal to the girl that we needed her added strength, and with her pushing, the door slid shut without any effort. When the door shut, I heard a noise like air escaping, evidently the door had sealed in an airtight fashion.
    I decided that it would be a worse idea to be stuck in here than to fight the creature, but despite our efforts, the door would not move, we were going to be stuck in there for quite a while, quite possibly a day, while I regained my strength in order to disintegrate the door, if it isn't a technological device.
    I turned to our new "friend," Spade and asked him what he was doing here. I assumed that he was probably here to deal with the escaped prisoners, an ally of the Gowrath out in the hall.

19. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

After hearing of the gowrath, everyone quickly ran into the storeroom, which wasn't a bad idea, if they could close the door, so, instead of making a bigger fool out of myself, I quickly followed, and was about to settle down, when one of them asked for help with the door.

We all got the door closed, only to realize, not only are we safe, but we are trapped. Air tight, it seemed. Since that gowrath problem was momentarily solved, all attention went back to me, and I was back into the same predicament as before.

I chuckled somewhat, and tried to calmly and precisely explain I'm another escapee, just joining a little late due to being somewhat on the outer ends of the exitement.

They seemed to accept what I was saying, but of course some disbelief still stirred, as it would because of my errors, although fortunatly I had the opportunity to have them greet me and introduce themselves, and following that I apologized to my earlier actions, and introduced myself a little better, and extended my hand.
    -Spade

20. DarkUnderlord

Kway's a great girl. No really, she is. First we have Mr Moronic Dwarf making a noise and getting more guards onto us, then Kway, the Numbnut of an Elf decides to close the door. Great idea, except for the fact that it sealed tight.

So, on one hand, we're safe from the Gowrath, presuming it can't tear down the door. On the other hand, we're trapped in a room with no other way out. Meaning we'll probably have to face the Gowrath anyway... If the guards decide to open the door for us that is, instead of leaving us in here to starve.

We started getting chummy with Spade once we figured out he was just another escapee. The girl was staying quiet, I did think of talking to her, but wasn't sure what to say. I'm certain calling out "Hey, Specimen 126!" or whatever the guards had called her, woulnd't have gone down well.

Instead, I decided to work on the door. It appeared to be some sort of mechanical thing that sealed air-tight. What was curious to me was why it would bother being air-tight... If it's air-tight, it must mean there's something inside that would warrant that. Perhaps a dangerous chemical or substance of some sort.

Anyway, I studied the door. It was built into the rock quite well. I figured I could use Krogg's assistance, so I asked him if he could help look for a way to open the door.

- Drackius Hollander

Our Host!