Atari prove that yet again, they suck...

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Apr 30, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Waiting for the 2nd <a href="http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Temple of Elemental Evil</a> patch to be released by <a href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a>? You know, the one that was going to fix a few more of those crash to desktops that some people have been getting? Well, too bad because it seems <A href="http://www.atari.com">Atari</a> can't be stuffed doing anything about it.

Steve Moret the Lead Programmer of ToEE, made the revelation in <a href="http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=376117">this post</a> at the Atari ToEE forums. Here it is, in all its glory:
    <blockquote>I've been holding off posting about this for a while now, but seeing as Atari doesn't want to respond to my questions as to what’s going on from their end I'm going to let you guys know what has happened on my end.

On the morning of April 12th, 2004 I e-mailed the ToEE producer at Atari what we hoped to be the final beta of patch 2. Verifying that he did receive it, that producer wrote back indicating he was going to try and get it into testing as soon as he could.

That was the last I've heard from Atari.

In these subsequent weeks, I've been e-mailing that producer, another producer, and the PR manager for ToEE to try and find out what the status of the patch is. To date, I have received no e-mails back.

I have also (unofficially) begun work on what I hope to be patch 3, which hopefully will include some new content (so far new long item descriptions courtesy of Mike Mercurio) as well as fix up any issues people are still seeing after patch 2 gets released.

I am assuming patch 2 is still in testing, but since nobody at Atari has written me back in 2 weeks I cannot say for certain. I also cannot release what exactly is in patch 2. As soon as I have more information I'll let you know, even if it is as vague as "Atari has contacted me and we will have more information at a later date."</blockquote>
    As people started responding, talking about Atari's handling of the situation, Steve followed up with this post:
    <blockquote>Whoah, whoah, whoah... I'm not asking people to go lynching anybody anytime soon. There are always perfectly logical explinations for things. The unfortunate thing is that you the consumer is often left in the dark with regards to these explinations.

There are often valid reasons why you are left in the dark. I'm not saying Atari has done anything wrong, I'm not saying anybody should be mad at anybody. I'm just keeping the community aware of what I am doing in my spare time. I'm sure you will all get your patch 2 in due time and your patch 3 whenever anybody is done with that, and so on.</blockquote>
    There are more posts by Steve later in the thread so go on over now and <a href="http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=376117">read the thread</a>. Hell, register to the forums and make yourself heard. Hopefully Atari will do something about the patch then.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

re

in my opinion, the only thing Atari has accomplished is... wait, no nothing in 20 years. :lol:

3. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

MOO3 would have use more time to make it than good game. I like MOO3 but my mouse for some odd reason freeze up in the game on than regulate basis. Might be the copy protection they are useing.

4. xento

xento New Member

Troika needs to set up their own publishing company.

5. DarkUnderlord

No, your mousing is freezing up because the SECOND DEPARTMENT has installed a tracker inside it. They're afraid of what letters you might write next so they want to know when you're on the computer. If they sense you typing another letter to Pakistan to stop World War 3 again, it'll explode.

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

very funny, other people I know who have MOO3 have the same problen with the mouse freezeing up on then. The copyprotecting is at fault here.

7. DarkUnderlord

MOO3 is a product of the conspirators! Uninstall it now before they track down your location and send in the Ninjas!

8. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

It's funny that you of all people would fail realize the grave danger you're in. Dispose of your mouse...quickly! The second department is always watching....

Our Host!