Arronax and Nasrudin are HUMAN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Deker, Jul 30, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What Arronax and Nasrudin are?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2003.
  1. Humans.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Elves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They are once elves, but now human.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They are human, but then become elves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Does your world consist solely of black and white, Ferret?? I'd like to think that color doesn't have to be a factor when it comes to threads. It's about loving one another and striving for a higher plane of existence altogether. Forwards, not backwards. Upwards, not downwards. And twirling. . . always twirling!

2. gargob

gargob New Member

You know the guy at the Panari temple who wants a peice of Nasrudin. But it's already been a thousand years shouldn't he be asking for dust. :lol:

3. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Well... I'm sure you had a point, somewhere, in all that, but it doesn't change the fact that the H&T section is for threads containing spoilers to the game of Arcanum, no threads containing Arcanum spoilers are supposed to be outside that forum and that this thread contains Arcanum spoilers and should thus be in that forum.

You can debate that fact all you like but it doesn't change the fact. It's like calling electricity harmless and then throwing yourself into a high voltage transformer content in the knowledge that it's now harmless. :roll:

And what is it with you and colours? You seem awfully colourist (albeit pro-black, which is infact an absence of colour and thus is not in itself a colour; it's still colourist though) and seem to bring colour into lots of these discussion. :/

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

How to piss off a white supremacist: Inform them that white isn't a colour, it's a shade. Take this to life-threatening extremes by going out on a limb and saying that not only is it a shade, it's a shade of black. It may or may not be true, but seeing their reaction would be funny as hell!

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Actually, whilst you're right that white isn't a colour it's not because it's a shade. It's actually ALL colours mixed together. Therefore white people are technically more coloured than 'coloured' people. :lol:

And Jar, with a technique like that I'm sure you've talked people down really fast. So fast infact that they've actually gone through the pavement upon impact. :D

6. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Arronax and Nasrudin were cyborg dwarfes.
    But because they were FORCE fed with TONS of SPAM
    they mutated to elves later in their life.

My friend has a cousin that has a dog that has a cat friend that has a pig friend that gave him that information . !!!!

Vote for that post and the whole thread being totally useless.

Is that post and the whole thread totally useless ?

NO . It is healthy spammy !!! yea
    Yes. I love spaMMMMM !!!! yea.

:D

7. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

I have never thought this silly fun-making story would lead to spoiler...... thanks to those who try to "prove" this story is "wrong". But anyway the title of the thread has been spoiling :p . I like the suprise of that part of the game, through.

Personally I would say both of them are elves, but that mistake of the game is just nasty and I make a story for it.

The movie did show them look elven, but can my story say they LOOK elven, along with some real elves fighting in the movie?

Anyway, this is really spoiling. Someone better move it, then can anyone tell me what "spoil" has been made to have it deleted?

8. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

It's nice to know how colorful a personality I am, but I don't see where I have made statements favoring either white or black. Please point them out to me.

As for mixing colors, it depends on whether you are dealing with light or pigments. Mix all the pigments together and you get black. Mix all the rays of the visible spectrum and you get white. This leads to a quantum mechanical paradox in that perceived colors of pigments are really just rays of light.

Take it from chrisbeddoes. He allegedly had some role in the making of this game. They may LOOK like humans or elves or whatever, but they are ACTUALLY "cyborg dwarfes".

9. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I didn't say that you favoured them. I said you kept dagging colour into threads. which you do. :roll:

Actually, it doesn't matter which way you look at it. Sure, when mixing it depends on whether it's light or pigment that determines which colour you get, but colours are all the same thing - a determination of reflected light. The reason why pigments work opposite to light is because pigments obsorb all but the colour light they are and they reflect that. Light doesn't have to reflect it - it IS the particular colour wavelength light.

The colour white is always the same no matter what and the colour black is always the same no matter what. White is the full spectrum of colour - whether it be a full mix of colour, or it be a mixture of pigments that reflect all light. Black is always the absence of light - whether it's because there is no light, or whether it's because there is so much pigment it absorbs it all.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

You say a white person is more colorful than a colored person, but ya know, ya don't see very many 'white' people. Personally, I'm kind of a tan color :D . Sorry, just felt like stating that, doesn't really matter. And I would actually say I'm white. I just like to argue :)

11. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

Ferret, you said that I was "pro-black" on August 1st at 7:18 AM in the final paragraph of your post on this same thread. Perhaps I'm misreading it but that seems to imply a favoritism on my part which you have deduced from some previous post of mine. If that is the case, please point the post out to me.

I bow to your greater knowledge of color. Still, I prefer my quantum mechanical paradox to any scientific explanation you may have to offer. Science has this tendency to disprove itself in the long run but those quantum mechanical paradoxes REALLY stick with you.

12. xento

xento New Member

Someone's been doing some researching. Chalupa, I think you spend too much time on the details. ;)

Only when it comes to the Evolution and Big Bang theories.

On a side note, this is my 2222th post! Yay me! :)

13. Canis

Canis New Member

Ba-da-bing! :lol:

You're on a roll! That and your Robert E. Lee/cotton gin joke in that other thread are two of the funniest things I've read here all day. You're a peach!

14. xento

xento New Member

Yup. I'm sweet, golden, fuzzy, and I have a big nut in the middle.

15. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Ah, when I said 'pro-black' I didn't mean you favoured black, but the discussion of black seems to get you a little more active in your discussion. :p

And you're wrong about science. VERY wrong. It seems you are one of these people who don't actually understand what science is.

Science deals with fact only. It tells you what is true and not true. However, the basis for science and what people mistakenly take as factual science is not actually fact as such, but working theory based upon current knowledge.

Thus, if people look to science for explanations of things which are not yet proven then all they can be given is the best possible working theory that fits the parameters and would thus most likely be the truth, even if it's not yet known to be the truth. Unfortunately, it is not science that tells untruths, but people who do not realise that what is 'known' is infact only theory and thus many things are taken as truth even if they are not.

If these things are later found to be wrong, the theory is updated or rewritten as fact, but to those that mistakenly believed it to be fact, not theory, it appears that science was wrong. Science is an ever evolving quest for truth, but many people only look at the journey to truth, not the destination, and so they come to the same conclusion that you did.

Therefore, science doesn't disprove itself at all. What you appear to assume as disproving, is actually just the ratification and modification of theory into fact once those facts are rationalised. :)

17. gargob

gargob New Member

I seem to be forgetting somthing but why don't the people in the Void age.

18. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well... the void is quite magickal - well, in fact extremely magickal. Natural law wouldn't really function so well in a place like that.

Also, it makes the punishments so more classy! I mean, what is a lifetime in prison compared to an eternity in some weird interplanar dimension? :D

19. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Spoiler..... sorta

I think Arronax said something about how time flows differently, or not at all, when you talk to him. You didn't HAVE to ask him about it though, so he might not have told ya.

20. xento

xento New Member

The Void is a different dimension that had a different working of time. Kind of like Earth and Narnia, except with Earth being the quick one, and the Void being the one with what seems to be endless time compaired to the latter.

Our Host!