Are there really cross discipline schems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hunter, Jun 7, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Yeah I saw those schems there too

And so what if dwarves have a decade long pregnancy, Elf's have eight years for immortality.

2. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

Wrong again Krix! elves live for a thousand years and only gain immortallity by becoming VERY "powerful" mages.

3. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

4. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

clerics are actually just mages that draw magic from the same force as all mages they just work in temples so cleric is reall y just a mage that is a monk. Got it they don't function like forgotten realm clerics. OKAY?

5. Spook

Spook New Member

Like black mage/white mage stuff?

I think it would be nice if someone noticed that my mage Necros Iblis realy is evil necromancer, and tell him that he is evil and they don´t like him. Instead they just wait for him to do something bad, and get upset.

Hmm, what I want to say is I think some people should think some magical disiplines are evil in themself.

6. Skorpios

Skorpios New Member

I kind of like the fact that a mage is judged by his actions rather than his spells. If my necromancer comes into a village and fights off a wolf attack with harm spells and undead I'd much prefer the villagers to be grateful!

Having said that, it IS a feature of the game that most (normal) people don't like undead creatures, so if you are a necromancer and come wandering into a shop with two or three rotting zombies in tow, don't expect fast and courteous service! Best to let the dead rest as much as possible, much less upsetting for the general public.

Also, I'm pretty sure people DO react to your alignment, so if your necromancer really does have an evil alignment then nice people won't like him at all. But it should be possible to have a good necromancer who is fairly well accepted by nice people - except when he's digging through the graveyards anyway...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpios on 2001-06-18 22:21 ]</font>

7. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

I agree. I've never liked the way alignment was handled in AD&D. In fact, having an alignment spelled out from the start kind of limits the actions of the player. I really like a flexible alignment system like Fallout and Arcanum had, which is based entirely on your actions.

8. Spook

Spook New Member

I was thinking in the line of that if you use necromancy people belive you will be corrupted, and it is of course up to you to prove them that your intentions are good, if they are.

You know "power corrupts", or at least that probably is what people not in the magic buisness belives.

9. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

The thing is people can only judge you on Beauty, Charisma, Alignment(I checked people instantly know your alignment) and Tech/Magic ability so really if ap powerful necromancer shows up you know he's powerful but you don't know he's a necro unless he has a full troupe of undead as skorpios put it so elaquentally a small undead army is likely to piss anyone off.

10. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Yeah, I would think most store owners would get mad if decaying undead minions come in their store.

11. Spook

Spook New Member

Oh well, I guess the oldfashion deep dark eyes, clawlike hand and an evil glimt in the eyes is gone in the younger generation of necromancers. Oh, in my day you could see that a necromancer was a real necromancer on his proud stance as he tortured his victims, but nower days the youngsters just run around in in black clothing and think that is enough to call themself necromancers. Bla, bla, bla..... :grin: :grin:

12. Amos Trask

Amos Trask New Member

Well you could have a particuly UGly necromancer.....

Our Host!