Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

You know, that's not bad. That's not bad at all.
    When I learn how to make new encounters work properly, I'm going to have to try this!

*prints post*

2. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Glad to be of assistance my good sir!

One of these days I'm gona have to take the finger outta me bum and start learning how to make things for the game and lend a hand :)

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

But it is specifically mentioned that they have enough female half ogres in captivity for breeding and thats why nobody has ever seen one.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Fresh breeding stock - perhaps for the creation of 1/4 ogre laborers?

Just a thought.

5. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Fine, don't take my suggestion :cry:

6. Darkform

Darkform New Member

with all the 1/2 Ogres around you would think with all the adventureing the player does he would come across more full Ogres.

maybe even some random encounter ones.

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Sorry, I got side-tracked with the debug and random encounters.

I don't know how how to alter protos to do what you suggested so I'll have to pass. At least for a while.

Darkform: Now that you mention it.....

Edit: 5:00 PM PDT - The Well of Lost Souls has been remodeled, almost all the bugs I can fix have been (Leahbo needs a complete rework), and if nothing new is reported in the next 12 hours, I'll start packing Version 4.2.

8. Vorak

Well there is Garbonzo the Monkey Trainer at the Strange Pond (I'm sure the name is an obscure easter egg). But he doesn't really differ from a half ogre anyway.

9. Darkform

Darkform New Member

so Garbonzo being the only full Ogre spawned all the half Ogres? not counting the ones from Half-Ogre Island? maybe Drogg also he is Ogre right? or just half Ogre?

should be a few caves with Full Ogres in them holding a few human females prisoner. (Ogres like them tight apparently by the story line.)

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Drog Black Tooth, just outside of Stillwater, is a full ogre.

11. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

How can you tell if they're full or not? They look the same :/

12. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

It'll probably say it in the window when you hover your cursor over them. Half-Ogres and Ogres use the same sprites, the same way Halflings and Gnomes do!

13. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Also - the crossed clubs racial icon for ogres was restored in the Arcanum patch.

A typo on my part kept it from appearing in the 4.0 release - sorry guys.
    It'll be available in the 4.2.

14. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Trying to diferentiate the ogres and half-ogres would be rather troublesome...especially with new sprites and such and in the end, the only real difference iwll probably end up being in terms of stats and maybe abilities...(if you follow the differentiation they use in D&D).

Now with Garbonzzo and Drogg you could have a lot of fun and tie in with the Half-Ogre mystery by having a diary in each of their locations making reference to having been "dimisssed from the the program" for being "flawed" (i.e. Drogg being retarded and Garbonzzo having a mangled hand or something).

It's trivial really, but could be interesting.

Obviously, a pack of fully trained and armed Ogres would be DA SHIZNIT, but would probably have to be well inserted into the storyline.

As far as the Half-Ogre females being kept in captivity...that definately gives you a storyline hook where spread throughout Arcanum, would be clues as to these secret locations. The biggest problems would be, of course, what kind of graphic to use for the females.

Quite frankly, apart from making the HO sprite pink...even adding titties to it would be tricky.

15. Vorak

Would it be possible to make an elf with the background 'Dark Elf Follower' actually a member of the dark elf race?

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

After reading through a few of the "New PC?" threads, I think it would be possible to make a genuine Dark Elf for player use.

This bit from "How about some new PCs?" suggests that much is possible.

I have no idea how it's done at this time, but I'm adding this to the bottom of the to-do list. This idea intrigues me.

17. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

It looks like Waromon's race actually counts as human when he's in the party, as well as with The Worthless Mutt. It'd be both as simple and complex as having a new race that looks like a lizard man and counts as a human, with special "racial" stats that are altered through the background. Though, I don't remember Waromon being hindered in any way as far as stats go, because I wanted to test whether his stats would reach 20 in the character editor and they do, to no ill effects in the game (i.e. they weren't automatically reduced when I started playing).

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

A:WIP 4.2 is now out! :)

See first post.

19. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Why is 4.2 smaller that 4.0? My first download I got a failed patch1 file. Would not complete installation.

20. Darkform

Darkform New Member

I thought about mentioning the Well of Lost Souls a few times with it's monsters so close and the layout making it very hard to leave combat without walking all the way back out. but it looks like someone else told you about that anyways.

Our Host!