Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mr Frost

Mr Frost New Member

that would be a nice thing to add to the game should you ever feel like doing so, i would like to lend a hand when and if you do decided to do so. Always had fun with them in baldurs gate and it would be fun to see what one could do with them in arcanum being that it is a "darker" game.

2. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Hey RRoyo....I just got back from a 30 day vacation :p

I'm amazed at how much you've created in this time...I can't wait to try the mod when I get home :)

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome back, FourHorsemen! Hope you had a good time and I look forward to your opinions.

Edit:
    Cynthia is now using Jayna's stock-game portrait since Jayna has the beta version.

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

If I murder Gaeylin (I think thats her name, must go back and check) the herbalist in Shrouded Hills and conjure her spirit to learn the location of Quintara the location is marked on my map but Ravens appearance is not triggered.

However, killing Vincent in Stillwater and conjuring his spirit does work correctly.

5. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

I believe it's spellt Gaylin!

Dammit work has been a pain this week...haven't had time to install the mod yet..but will be taking careof that tonite!

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Good news: I'm finally back home again.

Bad news: The build is on hold until further notice. Between a cast on my left hand and the pills they've got me on, I'm not going to get much of anything done for a while.

Vorak: I'll look into it.

7. Vorak

What happened? You didn't forget to pay your loan shark did you?

8. Alzetroth

Alzetroth New Member

Hey there people, and thanks a lot rroyo!!! :D This is the kinda thing that I really like, adding to a great game without meddling with its original purpose.

Anyway, I'm using the A:WIP 6.0 and noticed some glitches when a human(oid) wearing any armor is killed. After I take off their armor, the body becomes some kinda color coded mess :???: When I click on the body again after walking a few steps away from it, the nekkid :p body is clearly visible (with undies on lol :D) I'd post an image if I knew how to take in-game screens :p

Ok, next is Herkemer Oggdoodler's (???) dialog, I took the max reaction path (Praise Cumbria, guns are cowards etc :D) And after he offered to train me, I wished him the first "Thank You" option. After that, I found TWO "You are most kind" options :eek: Both give the same results though. And there's a small typo in the initial parts of his "War speech". It says, [hesitiating for a while] :D Shouldn't it be "hesitating??

Ok ... And I wanted to ask, are you using Drog's most recent patch (081229)??? Or the one mentioned in the !!!Readme!!! (081004)?? Anyway, the sprite mirroring thing got implemented and I'm happy for that :D Cheers and may you get well soon :p

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Vorak: Nothing that simple. I was helping a old friend replace the roof on his barn. He was on the roof handing the sections of old sheet metal down to me when a gust of wind made him loose his grip. In spite of me jumping this way and that, I still got in the way and the edge of it caught my left wrist and cut it almost halfway through.

Jim just about tore his truck up getting me to the hospital, and the doctors sent me directly into surgery. They think they've got everything tacked back together but thanks to my age, the ligiment repairs may not heal properly. That means there's a 50/50 chance I've lost use of my thumb and first finger, but I won't know for sure for a few more weeks.

Lovely....

Alzetroth: Welcome to the forum, and thanks for trying my hack.

I'll check out these glitches when I can think a little more clearly, but please don't hesitate to tell me of any any other problems you find.

This release is still using just the 081004 UAP as I decided to wait until Drog was finished so I'd only have to add bug-fixes one more time.

10. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Hey Rroyo!

Just installed the mod this morning and will be trying it out tonite. I have't had much time cos of work and stuff.

By the way...did you ever manage to figure out the mechanics of the orc/molochean hand/bounty hunter encounters?

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Up to a point - I can adjust the frequency of the encounters and change the inventory, but an attempt I made just after this release to add the wandering merchants failed again.....

(New encounters is what you were wondering about, isn't it?)

12. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

wasn't there anything you could dig up outta Car Arcanum that might help you?

13. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

That's what I'm using for reference and source material.
    There's some step I'm overlooking and I'll be kicking myself silly once I figure it out.

14. Vorak

I've always held the opinion that some of the stuff Beddoes did was purely the accidental result of experimentation and that even he couldn't replicate it himself.

15. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Well Rroyo...what exactly isn't working? Obviously you took care to ensure that everything was in the right place. Does it give sort of error? Does it not "compile"? (if the term applies at all).

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

As best as I can describe it, the modified protos aren't being properly recognized.

On the last two tries, all I got was shadowy circles where something should be standing and no inventory, of course. Mousing over the shadow gives the pop-up of Such-and-such Wandering Merchant, but if you click on the shadow, you get just a generic greeting.

Maybe Chris did something to make them proprietary..... :/

17. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Hmmm.....weird....have you tried contacting Chris about it? maybe he could give you a hand...

18. Vorak

If you know a way to contact Chris let us know.

19. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I hadn't tried to contact Chris because he stopped responding to inquiries a couple years ago.
    If you know of a way besides his old e-mail to get a hold of him, let us know.

20. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
Our Host!