Arcanum:WIP 3-0 Now Available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Apr 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkform

Darkform New Member

3. he convinced him he was wrong and he didn't change? I never convinced him but I don't see why he would change forms if he gave up.

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

So he convinced him all of the four times? How dull. And improbable.

ANYWAYS, I've just succesfully installed A:WIP again, and this time it worked. Over-fucking-joyed.

But I'm having constant crashes. Why is this?

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Yes I am. The restored racial icons seem to need it* and since it works with my hack (SHOCKED ME SHITLESS!) I am including it in the download.

* The new icons wouldn't appear until I gave the no-cd exe a try.

Edit: I didn't try this with the 3.0 version. All the previous attempts to use a no-cd with my hack worked on a 50/50 basis.
    Feelin' lucky?

I really don't know.

Here's a thought: I'm not computer-savy enough to read the specs of your computer and be able to tell you what to do, but someone else might.

It's worth a try and could narrow the possibilities to either hardware or software.

4. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I always thought that the monster was just a metamorphisis, not actually what he looks like.

5. Wolfsbane

That is what he has become after all those years of studying the dark arts in the Void. He's a monster.

6. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Then how the fuck does the giant monster fit under that robe? xD

7. Darkform

Darkform New Member

the robe has the magick that allows it to shapeshift with him. I would think.

8. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Have you watched the "Lost in Space" movie?
    The arachnid Dr. Smith gives a pretty good example of how it might work.

9. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

Nope.

EDIT: Wait! Yeah, I did... about 10 years ago. I don't remember anything :lol:

10. Wolfsbane

Totally agree with you on that one. Perfect comparison.

11. Darkform

Darkform New Member

I suggest 1.75 exp lvl 12-28 then 2 for lvl 29+ so far. at lvl 29 I had no problem gaining lvl 30 in Unchartered Cave and I'm only 1/2 threw those Fire Golems give great exp. I had to do almost every quest + side dungeons to get lvl 29 before Wheel Clan and poped in Uncharted cave before Clan and started gaining lvls FAST. IDK if they do Uncharted Cave maybe 2.5 for lvl 29+ it is going to get me 2 lvls easy at just 2X exp to lvl.

edit: ok not 2 lvls just 1.98 lvls for that area but the loot is supper.

probably best to just do 2 or 2.5 times exp to get lvl 30+ tho because of spider cave and other after pass addons. maybe
    1X 1-10
    1.5X 11-20
    2X 21-30
    2.5X 31-40
    and 3X 41-50
    because it is looking like higher lvls lvl even faster tho I don't know about 41-50 but around then I goto Liam's or Ashbury Graveyard and power lvl so it being 3X won't be that bad. and 1.5 for lvl 11 isn't that bad to get to lvl 12 and Dante. + the lvl will have a curve working it's way into being harder to lvl instead of just a big jump at lvl 11 or 12 then at 29 or 30.

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Better late than never.
    I've already packed the DATs and am currently trying another upload but I will print out your recommendation for testing in the 5.0.
    Thanks!

13. team a

team a New Member

I haven't been keeping up with A:WIP lately because I'm trying to get my mod out. However, I'd like to point out that you can probably just patch your own game. Either include the 3.0 or 4.0 designation in your mod name, or tell people to delete their own patches when a new edition comes out. Just use Arcanum.patch2, and put xp_level.mes in it, or whatever scripts or dialogs you edit as time goes on.

14. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

15. Darkform

Darkform New Member

ok in 4.o the movie between load and game select shows only the first time you load the game and the movie before Virgil shows only on first char you make. (based on 3-5 loads and 2 chars.)

thought I would post here since 4.0 topic is not up yet and it's something other people would post about when they get 4.0. (instead of just PMing Rroyo.)

will someone move this to 4.0 topic when it is open? (I don't want to open it myself I think that honor should goto Rroyo or someone that works on Terra Arcanum.)

16. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Okay I'm playing through AWIP 3.0 for the first time and I've hit 2 issues so far. (fresh install of the game with only the 1074 patch and no other mods)

1. All map locations were marked from the beginning, but thats been mentioned before as a problem.

2. When I first went to Parnell's to sell Bessie Toone's boot Gar was standing in the corner and I didn't bother to talk to him, however I later decided to go back and buy him and he has disappeared, although if I ask Parnell about his creatures he acts like Gar is still there:

[​IMG]

17. Darkform

Darkform New Member

very soon Rroyo had me download new 4.0 and check if it loaded right just a day ago. so he probably already gave Terra Arcanum the link.

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

The paramedics have arrived. Hang in there!

4.0 got its final download test this morning and will be posted soon.

Darkform - I've done two separate downloads and installs without encountering your problem.
    I really don't know why this is happening to you.

Vorak - As soon as I get some breakfast in me I'll see if I can replicate what happened. Watch this post for an edit.

Our Host!