Arcanum Sequel/Prequel Idea

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by locnar1988, Apr 8, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. locnar1988

locnar1988 New Member

I have been brainstorming an idea for an Arcanum sequel or prequel. Why not both at once (sort of)?

It takes place a few years after Arcanum. A brilliant technologist discovered some lost technology from Vendigroth and mixed it with his own theories to create a time machine. Magicians or people who think the technology is dangerous come to destroy it and as they do it it warps your character along with some of the current day people there back in time to the Age of Legends. When it sends you back it scatters the group and you're all, or mostly, separated. Your first main quest route is to find a way to get back to the future, it will involve finding parts from the machine that were scattered and find the technologist who made it to go back to your era. There also would be another option to do it in a magical way if you chose.

That is as far as I imagined it, I think there should be a larger plot your character gets entangled in. Maybe you can meet the Bane of Kree before he was "THE" Bane of Kree, Kerghan, Arronax when he was a jerk, etc. You can visit Kree before it was in ruins, maybe Tarant was just some small town along the river, Dernholm was a growing kingdom that was not poor, etc.

Also if you are worried about cannon being ruined fear not, going back in time and changing things will just make an alternate timeline future. Maybe your character learns of this and will chose not to go to the future because things will be different because of things at your own hand, other people's hands that were sent back in time, and general butterfly effect.

I would love to see places like the Ancient Temple and Kree in their heyday.

Technologists would still be relevant with Dwarves and Vendigroth, though I would imagine like in the original Arcanum it would be more of a closer to end game area. Your technologist can also use ideas from the future to make some better items that are like the ones from your timeline if you find the right materials. Maybe McGuiver some stuff that will be nice tech too rare for the era.

2. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

An interesting idea, this would provide for some really good replayability in the modern era due to the enormous changes caused by your actions in the past.

Our Host!