Arcanum in Vista

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Morgjorg, Mar 2, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

10 days isn't that bad. I know you like to join in on the "lolgravedig zomglet's get him/her rofflecakes" mentality on this forum, but save it for real offenses.

On a content note, I'm going to be getting a new machine within a few months and am not looking forward to the Vista I will have to contend with when I am perfectly happy with XP.

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I've noticed minor lag in my game, but nothing truly crippling. Have you tried running it in compatability mode for older/other OS's? Lastly, what's your system specs?

3. Andkatus

Andkatus New Member

In my game, I have to alt+F10 to even get the mouse to appear when starting the main menu, and the mouse itself is extremely slow and tends to resist moving in the direction I'm trying to point it in.

I'm running Vista (updated with the latest service pack) Ultimate 64bit with an Intel i-7 core, 8 Gigabytes of RAM, and a Radeon 4870 X2 Card.

I've tried running it with compatibility modes previously. 95 and 98/ME don't work because my computer apparently can't load FT_Thunk (Kernell32.dll). 2000 and XP compatibility don't appear to have any effect. Neither does running it with visual themes disabled or 640X480 resolution.

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I'm at work at the moment. On lunch. A quick online search turned up this as being helpful with getting older games running. I don't know why/how. I'll take a look at it once I'm home tonight.

Our Host!