Angelie a female gnome follower .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrisbeddoes, Oct 18, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

As a gnome she will probably be thief I presume. You could make that into a neat sidequest with a special location.

You would run into Angelie in wilderness and seeing as she's assaulted by a few attackers you decide to defend her. She then tells you a story why she was attacked (say she's a secret messanger who wanted to reach Caladon but the documents she carried were stolen and now she asks you to help her retrieve them from a fortress of some sort).

When you succeed she grabs the documents and teleports away leaving but a clue that she's evil and should be stopped if only because she used you. Plus you now have some forces from that fortress on your neck which you meet in random encounters like Molochean Hand assassins.

Now you can search for her and find her in Dernholm pits. It might then occur that she's nor truly evil, was controlled by a spell and joins you, or she is actually evil but since you saved her twice she'll join you and won't betray you again (perhaps).

As for her stats she should be great with lockpicking, traps and really good at melee. Perhaps some tech or magick skills too. And some unique, though not necessarily overtly powerful, equipment.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    My love for D&D gnomes tell me that Angelie is some kind of crazy gnomish scientist you encounter stumbling around randomly in the wilderness. When you speak to her, she'll tell you that she's looking for her latest invention that was recently stolen from her, while telling you the story of her life and family at the same time in the confused kind of rambling most of her conversations are like.

Anyway, if you decide to help her find this invention, she'll mark your map with the location she thinks the invention has been taken too, and then she'll join you.

You'll find the invention (a very powerful, though currently malfunctional, automaton) in a dungeon, to were it has been taken by thieves, who'll attack you on sight. If you win the fight, Angelie wants she and her invention to be taken back to her laboratory (expect carrying some really heavy shit :D )

Once at the lab, Angelie will mend the automaton and let you choose from a list of rewards (some very rare technological components and weapons). You could, if you wish, slay her and grab the automaton, which is a formidable warrior follower, but that will drop your alignment severly and all gnomes will have a -20 reaction towards you.

As a scientist, she'll have high intelligence, perception, firearms, mechanics, gunsmithy, smithy, chemistry and electricity.

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

That sounds good DE but you exclude her as a permanent follower I think. How about if apart from giving you a single reward she could make unique items by upgrading the ones you already have with help of special components just like that imp in BG2:ToB.

5. Canis

Canis New Member

I have an incredibly stupid idea, but one which amuses me terribly.

Keep the female and the gnome part. Change her name from Angelie to Angelyne, and model her after Hollywood's buxom pink billboard queen:

http://www.angelyne.com/

So, she could be an aging supermodel wannabe with high beauty, low intelligence, and medium charisma. Utterly self-absorbed. Popular at parties, she thinks people really care about her when really she's just an object of curiosity. Hates walking anywhere, constant whining and demands to teleport, use boats/trains/subway, be carried, periodically making crytic references to her Magickal Pink Corvette. Perhaps long trips on foot could be made to drain her fatigue...?

Character points should go into totally useless skills, and she should never get too good at anything. Little bit of magick, little bit of tech, never enough of either to do anything. Low strength. One point firearms and a fetish for pistols. Male AND female PCs should be the recipient of crude sexual innuendo involving said pistol fetish. Never goes anywhere without high heels, but low dexterity always lands her on her ass, which is really where she wants to be anyway.

Alignment around +10. Essentially a good person but way too self absorbed. Alignment isn't earned through quests or any other kind of effort, but rather through her donations to charity.

There's more, but I'm starving and must eat, and you won't be using this character anyway. :)

6. Chalupa Cobra

Chalupa Cobra New Member

You know, they do say that imitation is the highest praise. . .

But that aside, I think Angelie should take some theme like "kill the foozle", "recover the stolen item", or "you scratch their back, and they scratch yours" and add a new turn to it. Perhaps Angelie won't be a character of superheroic proportions. Female gnomes live fairly sheltered lives, although not as much so as the dwarves and much less than female halflings. It's those characters that had quirks and drawbacks that really "stick" in your mind from past, great games. I think Angelie should be a manipulative charmer who seeks some profit for herself while playing the PC for a fool.

Angelie could lead the PC on some quest which is set out for the wrong reasons. After all, cons happen all the time and "good" people are led into doing "bad" things, or vice versa. The dialogue choices could be set up in such a way that the character could decline Angelie's proposition and it would trigger another encounter in the future which inexorably pulls the PC into the plot. Maybe you could work the "damsel in distress" routine. Either way, the character comes to find that Angelie is involved in the plot to make HORRIBLE MUTANT-BABIES FROM THE OFFSPRING OF OF OGRES AND HUMANS! In fact, she is married to the one of the Members of the Board of Gnomish Masterminds (MOTBOGM!). Angelie plans to make the unwitting player a pawn in her play for power. . .

Well, that's a start. Maybe you can do something with it, chris.

Our Host!