And what's the deal with anti-depressant drugs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wayne-scales, Jan 28, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

I'm going to say no, seeing as how by definition it's a subjective phenomenon. However, there does seem to be a tremendous amount of anecdotal evidence in favour of it.

... and some easily ignorable anecdotal evidence against it.

Personally, I've never successfully meditated. My inner monologue just won't shut up. I'm on very good terms with it though, so I don't really mind.

2. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I think I experienced a meditative trance once. Then again, I may have been dozing and dreaming, but they may not be that far removed from each other.

3. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

If the side-effects of the medication or psychotropic drugs are greater than that it makes you better or high, you really should not use them. I know some people who almost died or became very ill, because of wrong meds. Years ago, a friend of mine had a bad trip through some drugs, and that was not pretty to look at.

Another advice is to check your psychotropic drugs, because you will never know if it is really what it says. Example: At the houseparty in my town there were some people poisoned, because there was rat poison in their XTC pills.

4. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

Yet another reason why drugs should be legalised. If those people had been able to buy their ecstacy pills from the local supermarket, they wouldn't have had these nasty quality control issues.

5. Arthgon

Yes, the quality will perhaps be better, but the addict problems are still there. The dangers of using drugs are too great. There is always a really high chance for an O.D. kidney failure or being stuck in a bad trip. Let me tell you that I know at first hand that drugs is not good and very healthy for your mind and body. You can't stop using it, become skinny, it has a bad influence on your sex life and behaviour. It has too many negative effects than that it is cool to use it. Winners don't use drugs.

When you are addicted, it is very difficult to stop using it. I am clean for many years and I am proud of it. But some of my friends died from drugs.

6. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

The legalisation of drugs isn't supposed to stop people being addicted to them, it's supposed to stop people dying from them.

I have two words for you: Charlie. Sheen.

7. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

:thumbup:

8. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

It's not a drug. It's just his TIGER BLOOD!!

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Where have you been hiding arthgon?

11. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

12. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

13. Arthgon

I was working on other things and I had a lot of work at my job.

Smuelismio: Yes, the drugs may become a bit cleaner, and it will bring it out of the illegality. But it does not bring down the numbers of drug users. Drug use is still dangerous, even if you can buy at your local shop. Think of O.D. Kidney failure, etc.

14. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

Actually, drug users are less likely to overdose if the drugs they bought are in regulated doses produced by pharmaceutical companies instead of cooked up in a criminal's basement in unknown concentrations. Also, if they weren't illegal, people could be educated about them more openly.

But yes, I agree that some drugs are dangerous.

15. Arthgon

Yes. Through this there will be lesser O.D.s. And bringing it out of illegality, thus more controllable. But I don't know if people are still more willing to learn about the impact and dangers of drug use. Kidney failure, and other dangers are still there. It will ruin your body,love life, and chance your behaviour in a not good way.

There are already much education about drugs on school, television, magazines, etc. But there are still too much people who began to use.

16. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    My bloodstream is mostly nicotine these days.

17. Grossenschwamm

Drugs aren't the problem. The attitude of the people using drugs is. Stop blaming drugs for the world's ills and start blaming irresponsible people, people like me, for the "problems" drugs bring to the earth. If there was more accurate drug information available, and I'm leaving Erowid as an exception, because they're fairly accurate about most drugs, then there would be fewer drug related deaths and more responsible drug users on the planet. People are the problem, not what they take to have a good time. That's how prohibition started in the 20's, and led to the mafia having a stranglehold on all bootleg liquor sales, if what they were selling could actually be called liquor.

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I don't see the need for recreational drugs in general. Seems to me like people take them through peer pressure or to compensate for something. Sounds weak and pathetic to me.

19. Grossenschwamm

Hmm...I was trying to refute your argument, but really, taking recreational drugs like cannabis is another way of compensating or escaping from something. It's easier to attain a meditative state while under the influence of THC and the various other cannabinoids contained in pot, so in this way it allows those who don't feel like properly learning how to meditate to just eat some brownies or take a few hits and glide into a zen-like state.
    I wouldn't call those who take the drugs weak or pathetic, however. There are plenty of users who lead rich, fulfilling lives while still taking recreational drugs, however they practice what is known as moderation in its use. I have found myself unable to moderate, therefore I'm better off without it, though I was still functional while using. I maintained a 3.65 GPA during my first semester of college, all while smoking pot four times a day.

20. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

In Australia the first year of Uni is the easiest. You can literally say you handed in an assignment even if you didn't and they will take your average score and apply it to the 'missing' assignment.

Our Host!