an orc/snake changeling in The Boil ghetto

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by praetorian, Apr 20, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. praetorian

praetorian New Member

I would like ask about an orc named "Treat". he lives in a hut in the Boil, near those Pollock's homies.
    in the dialogue there aren't many choices but to insult him, which angers him. he turns into a big snake (or what) and attacks.
    despite his name he's only "hand cannon fodder" worth 1500exp.
    but is it safe to kill him? isn't he a part of a quest, later from the game?

world peace!!! :hippy:

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

He is indeed part of a quest.

The quest is to kill him, though, and it is safe to kill him here and now if that is your desire. It will result in no problems with completing the aforementioned quest, though you will lose the chance to complain at the quest giver and negotiate a slightly higher quest reward if decide to kill Treat before receiving the quest.

Then again, depending on who you'll side with, there is a chance you will not stumble upon the quest in the first place.

3. praetorian

praetorian New Member

thanks for the answer!

I was a bit afraid to kill him - after insulting and killing him I have rather loaded my savegame :roll:
    there are many quests in Arcanum that can turn against the quest giver, so I would not kill that freak until I knew I won't botch any quest storyline.

I am going to make him a trendy "Kurt Kobain style" hole in the head.
    pew pew! :akimbo:

Our Host!