An Arcanum Sequel? - Leonard Boyarsky

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Thrond, May 4, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Grossenschwaum, had I been a little more awake the other day, the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" idea would have occured to me. Hell, it should have anyway!

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I was wondering why no one else picked up on that; it practically jumped out a me. Then again, I was wired on...something. It was probably the two liters of mountain dew or something. Dr. Pepper. Something...whatever. It's gone now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know - The underworld idea might not be so bad after all. Done as an addition, of course. A lost race of Dwarves, tons of monsters, and a huge area to explore.

It's a concept that's been used in many of the RPGs I have played. Even if you don't go into the Void, the "island" facades should work to create chasms. Probably have to play around with the lighting, but it's sounding good so far. Add the Void vegetation here and there to create an ecosystem, a few streams. I just might give it a try.

As for that "something" you were wired on - whatever it is, I could use about a gallon of it. It's a Monday....

4. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

Seeing as we are talking about plot lines how about a similar plot line to that of the book 'Magician'. Portal opened to another world with an invading army paused to pour through into the world of Arcanum. Doesn't have to be the void, does it?

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You mean Feist's book?

He keeps control of that thing like a hawk. There was a game years ago called 'Betrayal at Krondor' and they were allowed to use a few of his characters and that was about it, also the story had to be completely new. He got paid pretty handsomely for it too.

I think its freeware now.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, guys...

This Feist character didn't create anything new. I've read a dozen or so stories along those lines through the years. So, unless Feist first published his work in the very eary 1970's, all you would need to do is avoid using his characters' names and do it to it!

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I think that he started with Magician in the early 80's, of course he is still going.

Our Host!