Ambidextrous weapons....

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Sketch, Jul 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Yes, it would be great fun to equip your automoton with two arcane swords and then watch it fall apart from magickal interference. :lol:

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

3. gargob

gargob New Member

better yet make yourself invisible then watch it slaughter Tarant. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or turn it into a Terminator. :rifle: :rifle: :akimbo: :akimbo: :rifle: :akimbo:

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Dual-wielding would be a good feature to include. The only catch is that it must be balanced properly.

The benefit from having more attacks per round can't be greater than the AC bonus from having a shield or the sheer power bonus from using a two-handed weapon. Otherwise, we'll wind up with a game like BG2, were dual-wielding was so hopelessly off balance that I almost began to cry.

...but I'm sure Troika could do it better :) .

5. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

...better than bioware? thats kind of hard to believe... but then again, i've never even touched fallout...

either way, what if you got an ac penalty for having to concentrate on fighting with two weapons?

6. Aura Emenator

Aura Emenator New Member

JESUS CHRIST

It goes without saying that dual-wielding should incur some sort of penalty to hit and increased chance of parry. Balance would be destroyed if all of the sudden you were attacking twice as often and doing twice the damage without some sort of drawback, for missile weapons more so than melee.

And if you haven't played Fallout, you're missing out on two of the greatest games ever made, no question about it. I still play them, and I've gone through each at least a dozen times since their release.

"She swallows!" - Doofy, "Scary Movie"

Our Host!