"Albert, let's burn Tulla to the ground!"

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by jfkoski, Oct 23, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I was going through the dialog files to see what NPCs are affected by persuasion and Charisma when I got to Albert of Tulla. It turns out that you succeed with {ps 15} but with {ps 12, ps-14, ta 50} it just gives you pointless dialog. However, there's another possibility. After you get the latter dialog option there is an option if you have {ps 16}, which is impossible UNLESS you have ps 14 and take a potion of persuasion while talking! So in that case when you tell Albert, "Let's burn Tulla to the ground," he's supposed to attack the guard! If Albert loses then you can succeed.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Albert is in "an unimportant faction" while the guard (and Tulla disciples) are in the "bank robbers" faction. Go figure. So after you convince him to attack, he doesn't, but the guard attacks you instead, while Albert cowers like a bank teller! I tried changing the guard's faction, but he still attacks you instead of Albert. The code reads something like "combat: attachee attacks current looped object."

So what's the deal? Can this be fixed so the two of them fight without involving you?

Our Host!