Against all odds.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Oct 15, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Have you ever hada battle so difficult you were amazed to find yourself victorious? There have been a few for me.

Lv 7 halfling and Virgil Vs Lv 20 greater void Lizard.

I was trying to shut down that portal without being spoted so when the Void Lizard comes running after me I hit the load key to try again. The thing was I didn't hit the load key, i got the save one! After a few attempts of trying to cut him up I checked my inventory in desperation. I take out my dynamite. Set it off. Everyone Dies.

Now the difficult part of this was judging the distance so well that when I ran past the dynamite, the Lizard gets hit by the explosion but Virgil who is close behind didn't get caught in the explosion.

It took me a while but i finially did it ! 3:)

........share your stories. :p

2. Zubbus

Zubbus New Member

The Stand at Shrouded Hill Bridge. If I win this one the rest of the game is smooth sailing.

I always seem to have to alternately attack and run away to the effect of spreading out the punishment on my side AND alternate between turn based and real time, so I don't waste fatigue on the running.

My side is further handicapped by the fact that I'm a skinflint and won't have done any shopping at this point.

No other fight in the game pose this much challenge or warrant any tactics (although the elves at the burial ground, some of the stuff in Tarant Sewers and my 1st encounter with ore golems come close)

3. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Probably my level 10 mage vs Maug, that was tough. I think I managed to kill him with fireball or lightning bolt in the end.

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

For the bridge gang, just make sure that each one has mannaged to aquire a rusty knife or railroad spike. It goes much better when they use a weapon that does 1-2 dammage & 0 fatiuge instead of those nasty ham sized fists.

My toughest fight is The Bangellian Deeps. Its different when the other guy has Major Heal. Good thing he doesn't have a batch of blue potions. I wont disintegrate him because I want his Arcane Axe.

Pete isn't at all hard if you bring Disarm & a few sheep.

5. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Stringy Pete's easy, prowl (lvl5) a few steps away, lgr BOOM.

6. Zubbus

Zubbus New Member

How about Disarm + Disintergrate?

7. Gwindor

Gwindor New Member

What? railroad spikes are LESS good then fists? Haha!

Our Host!