About followers

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Vaz, Oct 10, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vaz

Vaz New Member

Are there any of the hacks in the download section which let you allocate experience points for followers instead of them doing it automatically?

2. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Did you even bother to check the downloads before asking this question?

Just to be polite, I think that there isn't one, but it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong.

I've just checked the downloads, and all of them have a short explanation right of the name/link except the obvious ones, like portraits.zip and magicmod.exe... So, I guess, that answers my question.

3. Vaz

Vaz New Member

Of course I checked through the downloads before posting. Some of the hacks are not documented in the menu; that's why I asked the question in the first place.

4. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why sand got up Dirtman's vagina, don't worry about him. Occasionally, our cult of hatred attracts poor pretenders.

To answer your question, there are none that I am aware of. Of course, I could be wrong. The game's mechanics are to simply give levels to your follows when you level, they don't gain experience per se. I always planned out my character's levels so I'd be as close in level to a follower when I got them to join me as possible.

5. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

Yeah, Vaz, I'm sorry. I realize now that it was a bit overboard, but in my defense, I was in a really bad mood and I thought, I still do, that it's quite obvious to a person who reads the names and descriptions of the hacks that none of them is an experience points allocator that can be used to manipulate followers. I guess was a pathetic way to apologize.

Ouch, I guess I deserved that poor pretender remark.

You could've thrown in something like "He's actually a nice guy.", just to turn out to be a better guy than me. :D But that's my opinion, after all, I'm just a poor pretender.

6. Vaz

Vaz New Member

Hey, guys, thanks for the replies. It's just that in all the years of playing this game, this is the one that probably irritated me the most. Perhaps this question is best directed to the expert hackers and modders here.

If it doesn't exist, how difficult is it to hack this, I wonder?

About experience levels, I agree with you Philes. I always try to time getting followers as close to my level as possible. It's all too easy to pile up a ton of levels before meeting the followers that you really want to develop, ie you gt back from Tsen Ang, to get Virgil back, and he's back at level 25, so you don't want to be any higher than level 30 that you can help. Thank god for the 127 hack.

7. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

The way followers allocate their CPs is defined in one of the script files, don't remember which one exactly. Take a look around the modding section, I'm sure there were quite many questions asked(and answered) about how to find and handle this file for desired results.

I vaguely remember the leveling schemes being goal-oriented rather then a simple list of which point goes where - so it isn't as much work as you might expect, to change leveling schemes to more efficient ones.

Also, the follower CPs are the only thing you have to worry about - they don't get any exp, no matter what you do - they level up when you do and even if you take in magnus at level 8 when you're lvl 45, he will only be lvl 9 when you become lvl 46.

Our Host!