aarrgghh!!! damn you Tolub!!!

Discussion in 'ToEE Hints & Tips' started by Wolf, Nov 25, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolf

Wolf New Member

ok i recently hired this game to trial before i buy and so far im certain ima* buy it.
    BUT
    i was in the bar wher tolub is and im a lvl 4 monk. evrytime i fight him i get my ass whooped. so far ive been using stunning fist and been able to get 50 nonlethal damge on him. my question is:

how FUCKing many hitpoints does he have? and how the hell are you supposed to beat him? i would kick his ass except for the fact that my hitpoints are a measly 26. anyways thanks in advance

* means i'm gonna

EDIT: wait, make that 64 damage
    REEDIT: oh, 65 and down for the count.
    BTW i love Power Attack

anyway now i have another question. what do i do in Nulb?

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

There's an assortment of quests. Usual method of finding out about them is talking to people.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    And may I suggest that you wait a little while with Tolub? I don't really have a clue about his stats, but he sure is a high level character. If you desperately want to knock him down, try beefing yourself up with useful potions and spells before you fight him.

However, 2 levels and a bunch of magickal gear might be just what you need...

4. Wolf

Wolf New Member

ill rephrase that question. what should i do for the main quest in nulb?

and BTW i beat tolub. mmm...power attack

*licks lips*

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Power attack is useless IMO. Hitting is good, even for low damage. Power attack takes away from your to hit modifier and puts that into damage. But if you can't hit shit, what use is it?

Wolf there is no main quest. You go to Nulb to find out the location of the Temple.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Power Attack can be devastating against creatures with low AC and many hp's (such as ogres and the like). If you're having a good AB already, being able to add up to 5 additional points of pain to your rolls is just sweet. Besides, it's the prerequisite for Cleave among other things...

There has to be something fishy with the dices in ToEE though (a popular issue on their boards last time I checked). Heck, I play tabletop 3.5 D&D from time to time, and I don't miss nearly as much there as I do in ToEE (and the character I use there is much weaker than the powerhouses I roll up in the PC-game...)

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The computer also seems to get a disproportionately high ratio of insanely high rolls.

8. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I noticed the opposite. My characters don't hit nearly as many times as they should. But now i have another question. What do i do after I've killed all the bastards at the earth shrine in the ToEE? Sorry I can't be more precise.

9. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

There are 2 swords in the game that always hit with the right chars equiping them.

So put power attact at 20 and do insane damage.

10. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I see it only as something along the way to cleave. I'm keeping my high to hit modifier, mostly because it's safer to know you'll hit instead of hoping.

Well, you can't get both in one game, plus you only get the always hit enchantment working when you are Chaotic Good.

11. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

That's cool. But then again, that's kind of an exploit and you still have to be of one aligment for it to work. While being evil, I get a penalty to hit instead.

Our Host!