A new invention

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrnobodie, Dec 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

i just saw a report on the morning news about a new invention in america called the segway (i think that's right) and it may just be that i haven't slept in over a day but it looks really cool. it's freestanding on two wheels and it keeps it's balance by use of a gyroscope that makes it impoosible to fall off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinxed on 2001-12-04 11:55 ]</font>

2. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Isn't that Ginger? It was a big secret for a while there. No one would say what it was, just that it would change the world.

Actually, mrnobodie, it's just an improvement over what a lot of us use to travel in the US. We call them Pedicycles and you'll see them all over larger cities, where you don't have to travel too far from place to place.
    They're powered by hamsters running on a little wheel.

3. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Warning, there is a virus going around causing people not to be able to see some sections of text. If you can see this text, you are safe. If you know someone on which this text does not display, THEY HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM. Possible solutions:

(a) Stop watching anime
    (b) Stop moving posts
    (c) Give Sheriff Fatman an Aerial Decapitator icon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheriff Fatman on 2001-12-04 12:41 ]</font>

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

hey, there sheriff, you forgot to actually write something! :smile:

5. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

6. Sheriff Fatman

Damn, jinxed, I think you may have a bit of a problem. Apparently, the possible solutions include:

(a) Stop watching anime
    (b) Stop moving posts
    (c) Give me an Aerial Decaptator icon

:wink:

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I'm actually working on getting icon chenges.
    might take time though.

8. Sheriff Fatman

Hoho - don't worry too much, this hammer has its uses.

BTW, the text I orginally attempted to post is coming soon. I wonder how the HELL I failed to post? I wrote the text and everything ...

9. Sheriff Fatman

Second try ...

It's a freestanding WHAT on two wheels? Table? Lamp? Table-lamp? Any of those would change the world in their own ways, I suppose ...

*drifts off into dreams of a world where he can move the table lamp just by wheeling it, and without fear of it falling over*

10. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

ok very funny lets all make fun of the tired guy who doesn't know how to type

it's a "scooter" type vechile that you stand on to move around places, there you happy now.... walks off into distance mumbling... smartass prick thinks he's really fun..........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrnobodie on 2001-12-04 13:13 ]</font>

11. Milo

Milo New Member

It's a sort of scooter, I think. From what I've heard on the radio, it's going to revolutionize... something or other. Supposedly it's a little scooter that can run all day on just a tiny bit of electricity. It also "senses" what direction you want to go by reading which way your body leans. No steering wheel or other direct way of piloting it.

Is this the big, mysterious "IT" that was floating around the internet a while back?

12. Sheriff Fatman

We used to have someone involved with one of the Formula One teams (the European equivalent to indie car, for those who don't know) on our business park. He brought in one of the motorized scooters they use for drivers to get back to the pit lane after de-carring (or whatever you call it). All day long, the security guard on the gate that day was zipping up and down in front of the window. Back and forth, back and forth, standing ramrod straight like he had a stick up his bum. By the end of the day, I was creasing up everytime he went past :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sheriff Fatman on 2001-12-04 13:29 ]</font>

13. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Like one of the Stickmen from Logan's Run?
    I think this scooter was code-named "Ginger". Yep. There was stuff all over the Net about it, but no one would say what it was, only that it would be the greatest thing since sliced turnips.
    And it's gerbil-powered, actually.

14. Milo

Milo New Member

[Insert Richard Gere joke here}

15. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

["Insert gerbil here."} -- Richard Gere

Speaking of insertion, Milo, have you checked out the RPG forum lately? Maybe we could squeeze you in. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feldon Kane on 2001-12-04 14:04 ]</font>

16. Milo

Milo New Member

HAHAHAHHAHAHAA.

That's just beautiful. That made my day, thanks.

EDIT - In response to FK's edit:
    No I haven't checked out the RP forum much. I'd like to try it, but I don't really know how it works. I've never role-played before. Well, other than waaaay back when, trying to figure out the AD&D 2nd edition rules. It was so complicated that me and my friends gave up and went back to battletech, and I don't think that counts.

*Voted "World's Scariest Pervert, 2001" by Sheriff Fatman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Milo on 2001-12-04 14:08 ]</font>

17. Sheriff Fatman

I don't think it's "right way to do it" kind of thing. Just look at how others are approaching it and have a go.

I believe Feldon gave some useful comments earlier, though which you might want to ignore ... er ... take on board.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It's heaps of fun...just try not to force people into action they don't want to take :smile:.

19. Quethim

Quethim New Member

basicly all u do is add on to sories and u can start your own stories....but plzzzz do not type anything but the stories

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, because then it wouldn't be roleplaying...it's the only forum immune to spam :smile:.

Our Host!