The thread which needs a title...

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Jarinor, Feb 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Maniac

Maniac New Member

This fight was a nice workout. But my body didn't agree with me. It was all sore.
    "Don't you guys still aren't sleepy? Is the powder working for you longer or are some goddamn titans? I suggest we get some rooms in a nice hotel and get a rest. We really deserve it. I know we need to hurry but we won't survive another battle like this if we don't get some rest and supplies. At least I won't. I'll have some time to get these fellows out my body." I pointed at the shards. "I know a good place. It's not known so they won't find us so easy. It's cheap but clean and cossy. So what do you say?" we were by the pharmacy so I walked in to get something for my aching body and something to get the damn shards out of my flesh. I quickly bought all the needed medicine and went outside.
    "So now we'll go and take a nap right?" I asked hoping not to be laughed at.

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

We staggered down the street after the Dark Man, blood sliding down my chin. Lu was trying to support my aimless stumble, but he was tired too. I looked down at my right hand, and saw that I was still clutching the roll, now blood soaked and misshapen. One of the men suggested to sleep, and I almost sobbed in relief. Before anyone else could answer, I pulled my left arm from Lu's tenous grasp, and grabbed the Dark Man's hand. "Tired." I whispered. I wanted to speak louder, but my chest hurt, there was a horrible pain... "Pain." Iswayed on my feet, and Lu pulled my other arm over his shoulder. I hoped we could stop soon.

3. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

4. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"I see most of us agree to get a good rest. Follow me." I showed the way in to the hotel. There we rented some rooms and I went inside my room. There I pulled out all the shards and treated my wounds. Then I went to bite something but instead of some snack I got a substantial meal. I finished eating it and went to my room to get a good sleep.

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I could keep going if I had to, but rest would be nice. Mine and Orin's gold supplies were slowly, but surely, being dwindled away. After getting everyone settled in with rooms and meals, I slipped out the door.

I needed to make contact with the Caladonian Underground. I also needed to find Jobriath and get some more ammunition. Walking through the streets, I didn't notice anyone following me, but that didn't mean anything.

I couldn't find Jobriath, which was both good and bad. It was good, because it meant that he was good at hiding. It was bad, because I now had no idea where I was. If I could find my way back to the general area of the Sobbing Onion, I could find my way to the inn. How was I going to find Jobriath? I pondered this as I walked the streets for another hour. When I got back to the inn, I decided, I was going to sleep...

6. Maniac

Maniac New Member

When I woke up it was already the next morning. I went in to the reception area where almost everyone was waiting. we had a nice breakfast and went to get supplies while arranging to meet at the hotel in an hour time. I went to get some healing salves, ammo for my revolvers and some bigger guns. I got all the needed items and was back at the hotel on the apointed time.

7. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

[OOC]well that was a rather rushed night. wonder were its gonna go from here.[/OOC]

the man led me to my bed and I collapsed. I managed to put my glove on before passing out again. the night was full of nightmares and feverec sleep. I foyu could even call it sleep.

I awoke the next morning and was told that we needed to restock our supplies and meet back here to decide what to do. I agreed.

I wandered about Caladon like I was still in a stupor. i coudln't remember much of what had went on that night. The only thing I remember clearly is the look on the orcs face when I grabbed his throat. I almost smiled then I remmebered what i had doen when I kiled him and a dark feeling came over me. I truely wish things had not come to this.

I happened upon a magik smithy and realized that I had lost my sword in the fight. I went inside to pick up some sheaf arrows and a new blade. It was a nice blade called "Air Blade". Nice and light, that was good cause I still felt weak. I proceded to the local healer and got a full owrkup. There wasn't much he could do for my soul but thats no reason for my nody to be trashed.

I returned to the meeting place to see the man that was covered in blood and glass last night. "Good to see you made it through the night. When the otheres return, maybe we shoudl do some introductions." I don't even know any of your names." He knodded and we sat waiting for the otheres

8. Maniac

Maniac New Member

[OOC]
    I just wanted to speed things up. If it goes slow the thread will die very quickly.
    [OOC]

I turned to face the battlemage.
    "Same for you. It was painful but I've been worse before. So when will we kick that bastard's ass?"

9. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

I watched as Blaggs rounded the corner. A minute later the person that was following came around the corner. I stepped out onto the sidewalk, coming up behind him quickly. I slid a knife from it's sheath and pressed it into the small of his back. "If you utter a word I will make you an invalid," I whispered. I could feel him tense. "Just keep walking," I said. We walked up the street toward an alley. "Down here," I said pushing him down the alley.

Once we were out of site of the street I stopped. "Turn around slowly," I said to the man. "If you try anything I will gut you and leave you for dead." The man turned slowly. "Who are you working for?" I asked. He glared at me and said, "You are making a big mistake, bud. Killing a CIA agent is a hangable offense."

"Really?" I laughed, "I am Special Agent La'thiem. Now what are you doing following me?"

"La'thiem?" he asked with a confused look on his face, "I have never heard of you."

"That's because I have been undercover for 3 years now on the Boothby case." He didn't seem to believe me. "Why were you following me?" I asked again.

"I was sent by Special Agent Gordon to find out more about a bunch of well armed individuals who were seen riding in the direction of Caladon and to find out who you were if I could. I saw you and the half-ogre ride into town and decided to follow you. Why are you here?"

I could tell he didn't believe me about being an agent. Oh well, I guess I will just have to kill him. I stepped toward him smiling. "Well sonny, it is a long story," I said as I rammed the knife upward into his throat. His eyes bulged as he tried to take a breath but only got blood. I twisted the knife and pulled it out as he slumped to the ground.

I quickly dragged the body behind some crates, wiped my knife on his clothes, and walked nonchalantly back to the street as I sheathed my knife. I walked another block and saw what I was looking for, a manhole. I walked over to it and yanked the cover up. I quickly decended the ladder, pulling the cover back over the opening. I did not need a torch as I made my way along the twisting tunnels. After a few minutes I knew exactly where I was. I rounded a turn and felt along the wall. I found a loose stone and pulled it out. Behind it was a lever. I manuvered the lever in a complex series of ups, downs, rights, and lefts. I knew that if I did not do it perfectly I would lose my hand. As I put the lever back to the middle position I heard a click. I quickly stepped to the side as the wall behind me began to slid up and a volley of arrows shot out of it, hitting the wall right where I was just standing. As the door finished moving up, I bent over and picked up the arrows.

I stepped into the dark hole, carefully avoiding the first stone in the room. "Light!" I said loudly and a soft magickal glow began to shine. I stepped over to a group of holes in the wall and inserted the arrows that I had just picked up into them, resetting the trap. I walked over and pulled another lever and the door slid down into place.

"Ah," I sighed, "it's good to be home."

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

[OOC]Welcome back Vlad :smile:.[/OOC]

I couldn't find Jobriath, but I did manage to find the wrecks of the Sobbing Onion, and then I managed to find our inn. After sneaking back into our rooms (hey, some habits are hard to break), I emerged in the morning to find the others eating downstairs. Damn, I must have been really tired to have slept this late, I thought.

I checked the sun. An hour or two later than I normally slept. Hmph. I ate a quick breakfast, then returned to our rooms, without the others noticing. I spent about an hour, polishing my armour and cleaning my weapons.

When I went downstairs again, Blaggs was sitting on the floor, near the strange man with the glove and the injured TEA agent, who seemed unusually chipper this morning. Orin was no where in site. Probably getting more ale, I thought.

"Morning, gentleman," I said as I joined them...

11. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"So when will we make our move? You know that bastard has got enough money to keep sending orcs and other scum at us until we die of age. I think we should attack as soon as possible. Of course with a good plan."

12. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

I sat down in my favorite chair and debated what to do. I knew the others would start wondering where I was soon so I didn't have a whole lot of time. I also knew that I wouldn't be able to keep up the act that I was a CIA agent for much longer. That was the one downfall to coming back to Caladon.

I wondered what the others would do when they found out that I was the original assassin hired to kill Dugant. If not for Boothby's men following me and giving me away to Dugant, he would be dead by my hand and I would be sipping elven wine with my father in Tulla right now. Oh well, bygones.

I stood up and crossed the room to the dresser. I pulled out some clean clothes and laid them out on the bed. I then went into the antechamber to the right of the main room. Inside was a large tub and some towels neatly folded next to it. I pulled the rope above the tub and the tub began to fill with clean, fresh, water. I spoke an arcane word and a magickal fire erupted under the tub. The tub was a gift from my father. The water would never get too hot or too cold until I magickally put the fire out. The piping into this room was a favor for some wetwork I performed early in my career. I slipped out of my clothes and into the tub. What a wonderful feeling! I had not had a good bath since before I left for Tarant. I could feel the tension of the road leaving my body. Before I knew it I was asleep.

I woke after a couple of hours. I looked like a prune, but I felt invigorated. I quickly washed my hair and then jumped out of the bath. I spoke the word to extinguish the fire and dried off. I walked over to the bed and dressed quickly. My attire was similar to what I had had on before, except that there was a thin layer of interlocked links of mithral on the inside of the jerkin. It was light, durable and extremely quiet thanks to the enchantment placed on it by a friend of the family. It could also stop a bullet. I then sat on the end of the bed and opened the chest that was there, being very careful not to set off the trap on it. I pulled out a pair of elven boots and slipped them on. If we were going into Boothby's mansion I was going to need every edge I could get. Especially if I had to start killing my traveling companions.

Under the trapped false bottom of the chest was my prized possession. It was a sword. But not an ordinary sword. It was said to have been made from the shadows of ten great warrior-mages. As I pulled it out I marvelled, as I always do, at its dark beauty. It was jet-black, about four feet in length including the handle. The handle was wrapped in black leather. It was perfectly balanced and light as air. The pommel jewel was a black diamond. If the wielder twists the jewel 90 degrees they will become like a shadow, impossible to see in darkness. The sword used to belong to a great battle-mage until he fell to a poisoned blade. I also pulled that blade from its hiding place at the bottom of the chest and laid it on the bed.

I walked over to the antechamber to the left of the main room and took the sword's harness and the dagger's boot sheath from a shelf. I also removed the special cloak that I had made to fit over the harness. It had a slit near the top at the right shoulder to allow me to draw the sword unhindered. I walked back over to the bed. I put the harness on, lifted the sword over my right shoulder and slid it into it's sheath. I slipped the dagger's sheath into my left boot and placed the dagger into it, pulling down my pant-leg to conceal it. Lastly I put the cloak over my head, with the sword's hilt poking out over my right shoulder. I tested it by drawing and then sheathing it quickly. It worked fine.

I walked over to a shelf with a bunch of papers rolled up on it and with a little searching found what I was looking for, a floor plan of Boothby's mansion. I rolled it back up and stuffed it into my belt. I made my way back out to the sewers and up to the nearest manhole. I climbed the ladder and came out into an alley. I replaced the cover and started toward the Sobbing Onion. It was time to find the others.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

"First off, we need floorplans for Boothby's mansion. We are going to go in at night. This gives us an advantage, however, we also have to make absolutely sure that we know where we're going. If Jobriath was here, I'm sure he could get some from the CIA headquarters for us. As for introductions, well, I'm afraid they'll have to wait. I don't have a real name, at least not any name that I remember. I have a name that others know me by, but you're not getting that one either. For now, you can refer to me as John." I made a mental note to Orin to call me John. All I had was my reputation from Tarant to make myself a name in this city, and I couldn't very well do it if I had the law down my neck from the start...

14. Flink

Flink New Member

As I sat in my study, somewhat wimsey after drinking too much brandy I heard a distinct thump.
    At first I thought that it was one of my two patroling iron golems lumbering by the window.
    But when I looked out I couldn't see anything.
    I desided it might be the brandy that was playing tricks on me. I was quite tired, I'd been working all day trying to raise support in the industrial council, I had managed to do it, but it had taken lots of hard work.
    It was time for bed. I left my study and locked the door behind me, can't be too careful. Gardok was dead after all, Who'ever the men where that killed him they must be powerful. But I was confident that my defenses would keep me safe. As I came up the staircase I saw Leopold, he'd been guarding my bed chaimber, like he always did during the late hours of the evening.
    I gave him a nod as I came up and he nodded back before unlocking the door to my bed chaimber.
    I went in and got ready for bed when I heard the same thumb ones again.

"Lepold..."
    I said to myself. I opened the door, But the half-orge had not moved. I nodded to him again before closing the door.
    I was getting nervous, It might be the people that killed Gardok and his men. They might be here already!
    I grabbed my Derringer pistol and my Hex Orb which I had placed in my pockets before leaving my study.
    I looked behind the curtains, in the closet, under the bed and in the bathroom. But I found nothing.
    "Calm yourself William, its just the brandy"
    I said quietly as I put my weapons on the nightstand. I turned of the electric lights and blew out the candle by my bed and got under the covers. Nothing like elven silk to calm ones nerves.

Just as I was about to fall asleep I heard the thump again!
    A chill came down my spine and I quickly turned on the lights, but ones again the room was empty.
    I turned out the lights and desided not to pay any more atenttion to them. Then it happened! the room filled with thick black smoke, and a strange green light started to eminate from the left corner!
    As the smoke grew it took the form of a hooded figure, wielding a staff with a rams skull on the top. As the smoke cleared the figure remained. The green glow giving him a very spooky apearance. I was terrified!
    The figure unveiled his hood and when I saw his face I remebered. This was the mage that created the Hex Orb. This was the man whom I had asked for help!
    The mage slowly opened his mouth and formed a sentance. His deep voice eccoed across the room.

"Greetings Mr. Boothby. What is it that you ask of the fist of the Dorian-Ka?"

15. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

We had curled up outside the Dark Man's door the night before. He wasn't making my skin crawl any longer... I supposed that might be a good thing. My chest hurt, though, and my dreams were haunted by shadows I couldnt name. When I awoke, Lu was watching me, his brow furrowed in concern. He helped me to my feet, but I could walk alone. I could see that he hadn't slept yet--he had been keeping guard while I tossed and turned. We made our way down the stairs, every step sending a jolt of fire through my chest. My head felt light, and the ground swam before my feet. By the time we came to the open room downstairs, I was once again leaning on Lu, and my breath was starting to rasp. The sharp taste of copper filled my mouth. I didn't know what was wrong with me, but I needed to be fixed, and soon. I sat on the bottom step and leaned against the wall as Lu joined the men sitting in a loose circle. He reached out to touch the Dark Man's shoulder, then seemed to change his mind. He looked around at the other men, but they were engrossed in the task at hand. Evidently, the wanted to go kill the man who had ordered us hurt the night before. I was in total agreement with that plan. I hadn't known pain like this existed. My mouth dropped open as breathing became harder, and I licked my lips. The copper taste was stronger now, but I didn't know what it was. Lu looked back at me, then cleared his throat. All heads swung towards him, and he looked mildly surprised to have called attention to himself. He pointed in my direction. My eyes slid shut. I wondered what he was doing. I felt a pair of hands pcik me up, and the movement jarred me. I moaned, but couldn't seem to open my eyes. The room suddenly seemed to be on fire. The fire was inside me, too, in my lungs. I wondered if it would ever end.

[ooc]somebody fix him up. he's just a little kid he can't tend his own wounds. he's got a couple broken ribs, and a high fever. please please please don't let him die. [/ooc]

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Damn, I thought, this kid is sick. I put my hand to her head, and felt it. I could almost cook an egg on that, I thought.

I turned to the others. "I'll be back soon. Give me an hour or so. Yes, I'll keep an eye out for Jobriath," I said, answering their not-yet-asked questions.

I picked up one of the kids, and motioned the other to follow me. Damn, I was going soft, I thought. Still, I didn't like to see people die who didn't deserve or who I hadn't been paid to kill. The people who fell in the "Deserve to die" category were people trying to kill me, or people I needed.

I found a herbalist without too much difficulty, thanks to a guard patrolling about. Entering the shop, a little bell jangled. This must be one of those magick and herb shops, I thought. A man appeared out of the back room.

"Yes, sir, do you have a problem?"

"Yeah, this kid is burning up. Can you take a look at him?"

"I am not a physician," he replied.

"Yes, you are," I said, sliding a few coins across the desk and making sure he saw two of my revolvers.

"Now that you mention it, I have had some medical training," he nervously replied. Still, that money had disappeared fast.

"Hmm," he said, checking the kid. "Fever, and what appears to be broken ribs as well."

"Fix them," I said.

He seemed about to object, when he again noticed my revolvers.

"Of course, sir." He strapped the child's ribs, and fed her some medicine. "Make sure, or someone else, gets a mouthful of this stuff down every four hours. It will cure the fever in the next day or so."

"Can you do that?" I asked the ever-present twin. He nodded, and I took the bottle and gave it to him.

I picked up the girl again, and we arrived back at the inn in no time. I took the two kids to my room. The girl had passed out. "Sleep," I said to the brother. "I'll wake you in four hours to give your sister the medicine.

I went back down to speak to my companions again...

17. Orlon KA-Lor

Orlon KA-Lor New Member

The one man who said top call him "John", though I dont think that was his name, had returned with the children.

"Ok guys I dont care what we do but I have one question who is the "guy" we are trying to kill. I dont know anything about that but I had a fevered dream last night and I know that the mage that had the foul dealings with my hand is hear in town. And he is close. If he is with the man you seek then I will be able to tell were they are. I'm gonna leave it up to you men to decide what we do, I just want this curse removed."

18. Maniac

Maniac New Member

"Well Boothby is a filthy rich gnome." Damnit where did Jobriath go? I thought to myself. Did he go to kill the bastard by himself?

19. Notharah

Notharah New Member

[ooc] alright people... I think it would be a shame if a 12 page long thread would be lost... so I suggest we give it another try... Maybe some of the people who posted here that are still here should send an e-mail to the people who can be reached.. to get them back... I'd even want to play a new character if things aren't going... Vlad might come back aswell since I e-mailed him... what do you say... do you want to give it another try?? [/ooc]

20. Maniac

Maniac New Member

It was almost over. We lost I think 3 pages when the crash hapenned.

Our Host!