SKEEEERRRTT!!!!! CRUNCH!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Jun 25, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I was rear-ended this morning on the way to work. (No Milo, not by a rottweiler) By a fast moving Toyota. Had my blinker on, was pushing my brakes. I usually always check my mirrors to see what's happening behind me, and I saw a little white Toyota pickup truck coming up fast. Well, most people will approach you from the rear fast, then swerve over to the next lane. Happens every morning. Not this morning. I noticed he wasn't slowing down. Still coming. Closer. Closer... I hit the clutch, tried to downshift to get the fudge outta his way. He was coming too fast. I had just enough time to holler to my wife, "Hold on Amy!!!" (that's my wife, Amy. :roll: Duh.) I put one arm across in front of her, and I heard tires squeelling, saw white smoke boiling off his tires, and then IMPACT. Threw me and my wife forwards, then we slammed back into our headrests.

So, I'm now at work, drinking coffee straight outta the pot. No cup, no sugar. Drank the entire pot.

I'm still shaking.

Almost as bad as milo when he was "rear-ended" by ROC. (Ok, sorry Milo, I'll let the ROC thing die now.) :wink:

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Some people are twats. How the hell did he run into you that fast? Was he on the phone? Asleep? Bird-watching?

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Re: SKEEEERRRTT!!!!! CRUNCH! "AAAHH!!!!"

Your wife? I thought that was your cell mate. :p

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

He said, and I quote, "I was lookin' for something in the seat." When he hit me, he was going about 50 mph. He only hit his brakes when he was like 40 feet from the back of my truck. Scared the hell outta me and Amy.

5. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Glad to hear you're ok. I feel bad by proxy since its usually me doing the stupid driving manuver.

6. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Oh my God. What is this, the twilight zone??

Allow me to explain. My grandfather just bought a brand new truck today. A burgandy Ford F-150, 4-door, King Ranch Series, with sewn saddle-leather seats, cd player, cd changer, cassette player, power EVERYTHING, seat warmers, seat memory, the entire works.

Yup, you guessed it. We just got a call from him here at the office telling us that he had totaled it. He hasn't owned it for 3 hours at the time of this posting. He was doing the same thing that that person who hit me was doing. Fiddlin' with something. He hit a Ford Expedition that was trying to turn off the road. He's fine, he says, but I know he is just sick. It knocked the front end of the truck completely under the chassis. I feel bad for him. My little accident was NOTHING compared to this. I guess this is just not a good day for my family to be on the road.

7. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

8. Milo

Milo New Member

Wow, man. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your Grandpa has full coverage. And hopefully the guy that ran his truck up your butt has at least liability coverage.

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I think my part is gonna be ok. I've already gotta claim going in the works, and his insurance is gonna cover it. (Although, if you look at my vehicle, you couldn't tell it was in a 50 mph rear-ender. It just pushed my bumper in and down a little. It totaled his truck.

My grandpa had full-coverage. I just hate it so bad for him though. That truck was sweet. But the important thing is that he is ok. However, the vehicle he hit had a few neck-holders and shoulder-rubbers in it though....Hope that doesn't give him any problems. :sad2:

10. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

11. Milo

Milo New Member

Man, I'd like to "rearend" some personal injury attorneys...

12. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Sounds surprisingly like an accident my mother was in about 10 years ago. Went out taking one of my sisters to her graduation party (Americans: Read as prom-night). Got read-ended pretty much in the same way. Guy was looking at a map. Thing is, I was going to be in the back seat of the car, only decided to stay home at the last minute.

My mum's still got neck problems from whiplash.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

While we're on the topic of car crashes that our family members suffered, my mum (like DU's) also has back and neck problems related to a car crash she was in years ago. My dad was also in a coma for three weeks after falling asleep at the wheel and hitting a tree.

My friend also was rear-ended at the traffic lights by a pickup - he had two computers in the car, including one in the boot (which was almost completely crushed) yet they came through unscathed...

14. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

interesting coincindence... i almost got in an accident last night. i was changing lanes, going about 50 mph, and i looked behind me, to see if anyone was there... saw nothing, moved over, and heard the pleasant squealing of brakes. turned out there was an SUV in my blind spot. scared the hell out of me...

15. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

Tempting, but not my area of practice.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Did you at least cop a feel while you were at it?

17. Milo

Milo New Member

Is it even possible to cop a feel off your wife?

18. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

No, I don't guess you would call it copping a feel. You can try, but it usually gets you "looks"

19. ThreeDogs

ThreeDogs New Member

The look? C'mon man you got to keep the romance alive, cop a feel and smack her ass. It works for me.

20. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

That's the kind of romantic behaviour keeping adolescent boys reluctantly single all over the world.

I can just imagine it: young man half-cut at a party. Passing female gets a smack on the bum and groped. She calls him a creep and tells him to get lost, to which he replies "I was just being romantic."

Our Host!