Just a newbies question.?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Dec 12, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Which is best?

1. Magic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Techno... (I can't spell it..)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Being neutral

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Madness

Madness New Member

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yeah...I know in Fable that when you age, you actually don't lose any skills or become weaker. You just get wrinkly.

3. Madness

Madness New Member

Yeah, Fable could have been waay better... and don't forget about the white hair

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yeah, the white hair...It gets darker if you're really evil. But you get a widow's peak from the horns in your forehead.
    Hopefully, when Fable 2 comes out in March, it don't be a letdown like the Fable before "The Lost Chapters".

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oblivion is quite good, godd graphics ,but Morrowind is still the best :p

6. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

Not impossible. Improbable. Devs could easily script social changes, mechanical upgrades/improvements, etc. all randomly generated so each run through the game is unique as society grows and develops. Say one time you play an elf mage and 20 or 30 game years passes. Maybe throughout that time, magick has risen up against technology to once again claim the title as foremost power of the world. Society could be programmed in the game to react accordingly and your role playing experience would be a completely different one as your character would have to adapt to society a different way each time. Or, maybe the game would randomly generated the opposite effect as time passes (technology wipes out magick). Maybe we would see upgraded steam engines, or more compact ones that could power automobiles driving down the street in the futures of our current games. The models would be in the game all along, but would be scripted to only appear if this future was the one randomly chosen to occur and only after a certain day/month/year was reached. It would be possible to script, albeit a time consuming endeavor which is why I said improbable, but definitely not impossible. You wouldn't have to account for every possible invention ever concieved, just the ones that were used in your game or played important roles(steam engine, printing press, mechanical arachnid, etc). Through variables and if,then statements this could seriously be done. It just takes careful planning.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Still it would be nice to be either anarchisic Techno or Communist-dwarfen mage

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha , and Mr. Willougsby would be the chairman of the Tarantian Communist Party, by the way , y'all know the strange doctor in Roseborough? Who is he?

10. GrimmHatter

Better get started now, then.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah , but I neither have the time or the skill to devlop it so..... I guess we have to call in Good ol' Norris. :p

12. Madness

Madness New Member

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep , he can fix almost everything , don't you agree?

14. Madness

Madness New Member

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16. GrimmHatter

What is it with this game? I've never owned a game where I never went the whole way through and beat it, but just kept starting over and over again like I am with this one. I'm not bored with it at all. I just keep starting over again and again because I want to play all these different characters I think up. Is this normal?

I'd like to know about how far I've gotten before I do decide to start over.

I just went through the Black Mountain mines and found out what happened to the dwarves Bates was talking about. He wants me to go after them, which I accepted. I just now stepped foot on the Isle of Despair.

Is this at least the half way point of the game? If so, I'll just press on and try to finish it. If not, I may just start over again and play a new character. Right now, I'm a level 20 Half-Ogre Mage. Does this seem about the right pace of level progression? I have the 127 lvl patch installed. The .mes file for it has a note that says the XP values for each level-up are only about 25% what they should be until more secondary quests are added. So is the patch maybe causing me to lvl a little too quickly if I'm still roughly in the early stages of the game. I only ask because I figure that with the default lvl cap of 50, I'd be about half way to that point, but not even half way through the game yet. Well I'm just ramblin'.

Rock on Chuck Norris.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, you must definetly keep playing , I'd say that you are about maybe 50-60% complete in the main quest.
    I think you should keep playing , because it is a very good game. You know that you can modify the xp , e.g , you level up at every 100xp earned , but not so fun actually:/

18. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Oh man, GrimmHatter, you have all the fun stuff to go. I don't think you're even near the halfway point. That is, I know I spend a whole lot more time on what you have left than on what you have done.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But he is maybe at 50% comletion if you only count the Main Quest?

20. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Let's see... Locations you have to visit to do the main quest only (this might be wrong, didn't bother checking with a walkthrough.)

Shrouded Hills
    Tarant
    BMC mines
    Isle of Despair <--- where GrimmHatter is
    [censored]
    [censored]
    [censored]
    [censored]
    [censored]
    [censored]
    [censored]
    [censored]