Der Hafen

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Nov 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

The illusion of Alex is on autopilot. She returns the men's gazes blankly. As they watch, her form dissolves into dust.

Outside, streets away and flanked by Adams, Chan is running as fast as he can.
    Using all their guile and experience, they weave through the dark city, back toward the club, Der Hafen.

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Together they left the battlefield and ran quickly through the gloomy and misty streets of Berlin. Because gunshots could be heard, they took no any risks.

While they kept on running, Asazel asked Alex Have you done this before? He was very impressed with her invisibility spell.

“Yes, I have. It’s not the first time that I get into trouble. And not the last time.”

Suddenly Asazel said There! Do you see the building on the corner? It's just past there...

Alex saw that they were now standing in front of a storm cellar. Asazel quickly unlocked the large padlock with a key, opened the door and they both entered. Surprised she looked around. The storm cellar was warm, comfortable and fully furnished. There was even a radio and a bar in here. Then a strange cat came toward them. (it had six toes on each foot.)

Hello, Mavis! This is Alex, she's going to be staying here while I find someone to break her geas.

Mreow. Mavis answered.

I shall return, (hopefully) with help! Asazel said and left. When he was outside, he closed (locked?) the storm cellar door to make sure that Alex is very safe.

“Well, let see if there is something to eat here.” she said to Mavis.

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

The Malach stared at the dissolved Alex in disbelief. H noticed at the same moment that he had lost both the chinaman and the walking corpse somewhere on the road. Was he losing his touch? Meanwhile, the german officer chuckled quietly and smiled.

It appears you have been decieved, old friend. Pity about the favour, but it might have been worth losing the opportunity to get rid of it just to see you lose something else.

Ismael was about to say something, but held his tounge. There was nothing he could say to win at this point, so there was really no reason to say anything at all. He left Kants office in a hurry and set out to look for his prey in the streets. Someone would pay for this.

Good bye... Ismael. Kant said and returned to his paperwork, the smile still etched on his tired old face.

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Nearing Der Hafen, Chan nearly collides with a pair of Russian soldiers, covered in dust and sharing a cigarette behind a pile of rubble. They look completely in shock: Sitting ducks for an experienced martial artist like Chan.

Time for the Happy-Happy-Harmless Technique, Chan thinks.

From his jacket, he produces a bar of chocolate, smiling and bowing like an imperial eunuch.

*Happy-Happy-Harmless-Helping!*

By the time the shell-shocked men have finished the chocolate, Chan and Adams are long gone.

5. Arthgon

Alex began to look in several closets to find some food. In one of them she found some bread, cheese, strawberry jam for her and cat food for Mavin. After that she treated them both to couple of drinks from the bar.

When they were done with the food and drinks Alex felt tired. While she took a nap on one the couches, Mavin stood guard.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Asazel had climbed to the rooftops and was running (and jumping when necessary) across them, quickly as he could to the first person who came to mind; Herr Meerschaum, so named for the stately red pipe he smoked, passed down through generations. Some said it was the secret to his great power, but others simply said it was his favorite. Whatever the reason for his marvelous pipe, Herr Meerschaum was not easily swayed. It would take some convincing on Asazel's part to win him over.
    At last, he had arrived. Jumping from the rooftops, he landed on the sidewalk, with an audible thud and a crack from the cement fracturing.
    He walked up to Herr Meerschaum's door and-

Go away.
    Look, I just need you to-
    No.
    She's bound to-
    Asazel, you know I don't take mercy on every woman you find who has a geas on her head. What makes this one so special?
    She has power, and is talented in its use. I sense no malice in her. She simply lost her head trying to secure information, which lead her to make a deal with a devil.
    Exactly. Who can say she won't make the same mistake again?
    I can. She's aware now of the danger it posed, and has learned from her mistake.
    *Sigh* Very well. Where is she?
    In my safehouse, just three miles from here. We have to hurry, I'll carry you on my back. He may be looking for her!

With that, Asazel set off with the magician on his back, straight to the safehouse.
    A few minutes later, they had arrived. Asazel took the key from his pocket and opened the padlock. Both men walked down the stairs, and Herr Meerschaum lit up his pipe.
    Mreowr
    Greetings. Alex, I presume? He examines her aura. I can remove the seal that ties your spirit to this world. But, the next time a demon offers you such a deal, just say no.
    The ground began to shake as Meerschaum worked his magic on the seal. Alex began to glow and then returned to normal.
    Herr Meerschaum took a long drag off of his pipe and exhaled. Ahh...this was the last one, Asazel. Next time you pay me.
    Aha, good one mein Herr...Asazel judged by Meerschaum's facial expression that he was serious.

*Ahem!* Uh, ok. If there is a next time?
    With you, there's always a next time.
    Asazel looked at Alex.
    We should probably go back to Der Hafen. You're safe from him now. Are you interested in fighting the good fight?

7. Arthgon

A while later, Alex was sitting upright again, footsteps at the safe house door had woken her up. Who would that be? Asazel or was it an enemy? Not taking any risks, she stood up and was ready to take action when danger threatens. The door opens and she saw that it was Asazel. But he was not alone. On his back sat a magician. Could that be the one that will remove the bound?
    Mreowr.

Greetings. Alex, I presume? I can remove the seal that ties your spirit to this world. But, the next time a demon offers you such a deal, just say no. said the magician, while he was looking at her aura.

"I will really do that. Sorry, I really lost my head if it comes to my family. Thank you for removing the bound."

Later when the earthquakes has stopped, and the bound was gone the magician began to speak to Asazel.

Ahh...this was the last one, Asazel. Next time you pay me.

Aha, good one mein Herr...*Ahem!* Uh, ok. If there is a next time?

With you, there's always a next time.

We should probably go back to Der Hafen. You're safe from him now. Are you interested in fighting the good fight? Asazel asked Alex.

"I know it's a dangerous mission, but you've helped me, and I know that we if stick together we DO have a chance to defeat Shaw. So yes. "

8. Wolfsbane

A man was standing in the doorway of the ownerless nightclub. The man was dressed in a fine black suit with a nice bowler hat on top. He had a relatively long, trimmed dark brown beard and a pair of spectacles. The eyes behind the glass were blue.

He had come to Der Hafen tonight to relax and have a drink. He had hoped to run into a collegue or two. He had even put on one of his nicest suits for the occasion. But there was noone there. He entered the establishment and looked around, searching for clues. But there were none to be found, other than some indistinctive traces of sorcery still clinging to some pieces of the furniture. Using the silver bowl in his pocket to look back into the past would probably have answered his questions, but his curiosity could not compare with the growing bad feeling he had about all this. Leaving was probably a good idea. Having turned around, he made it for the door but stopped instantly when he heard voices outside. Quietly, he stepped in behind the door to hide, and waited for whoever it was to step inside.

9. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

"Everyone else is knowing, luminous. I alone am muddied, confused.

"Shaw appears, seeking a password... To where? Schneider refuses to help, and disappears... Is he dead or captive? Ismael attacks Shaw yet is left alive... Why?

"Nothing makes sense, Mr Adams. We must return to the beginning and... wait. Simply wait... the water becomes clear only when the mud settles."

Dr Chan passes the doorway as he speaks these last words. Suddenly, with an astounding turn of speed and agility, he leaps, rolls and twists, coming to his feet in a tiger crouch and confronting the figure lurking behind the door...

10. Wolfsbane

Ok, here they co- what the he- !?!

The chinese man who had just entered performed an incredible manouver and was suddenly in front of him.

Aiii! Please don't hurt me!

The bearded man covered his face with his hands in a desperate attempt of defence. When no strike came, he slowly opened his eyes, a pained expression on his face. He observed the chinese man in front of him. He found him terribly fearsome; like how he had imagined the dragons of his childhood stories. Behind the drgon was another man, but he could not see him properly. The beast was in the way.

I, uh, you... Who are you? What do you want with me?

There was an inmistakable scandinavian accent in his speech. There was also an inmistakable hint of fear.

11. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

"Ah! I'm so sorry! Please excuse me! That was terribly rude of me, mein herr. My name is Dr Chan. As you can see, there was an incident here tonight and you quite startled me. Please forgive my bad manners, mein herr"

The dragon disappeared and there was just a little old man in an horrible tweed suit, bowing and smiling.

"Oh, and this is my associate, Mr Adams,"
    added Chan, as reassuringly as he could, and the dusty, grey zombie shuffled into the light.

12. Wolfsbane

He calmed down a little. Even if the man was lying, at least the dragon was gone. The chinaman didn't sound as if he was lying, though, but you never knew with people. A moment passed as doctor Chan introduced himself and his collegue, and by the time he was done the bearded man had lowered his arms and looked as though he had never been scared in the first place.

I see. My name is Sören Hamilton, pleased to meet you. I understand that my name can be quite difficult to pronounce correctly for people born outside of scandinavia, so you may, if you wish, call me mr. Hamilton, or simply Hamilton.

Sören gave the trashed establishment a meaningful glance and continued.

I came here tonight to enjoy the music. An aquaintance of mine was playing, you see. But when I arrived, there was noone here and, well, the place had this grim feeling to it. So, what has happened, exactly?

13. Charonte

Charonte Member

Leaning against a nearby fixture, Adams went on to carefully explain the events that had left the famed club in ruins:

Some bloke came in wanting to talk to the owner. Ol' Schneider seemed to recognise him and told us to get out. So we did. Have spent the rest of the night chasing after some whore and a Malach trying to resolve some sort of deal they'd made.

Now, and more cautiously, Adams lent in over Chan's shoulder and whispered a few near-silent words:
    I dunno about this one, boss, not sure that I trust him. Be careful how much you tell him. Never know who he's working for, and he's clearly working for someone.

14. Grossenschwamm

As he arrived back at Der Hafen, Asazel noticed the good doctor speaking to a bearded fellow, while the dead man who had been lying in the street the last time he was seen was explaining the predicament to the generously bewhiskered gentleman;
    ...trying to resolve some sort of deal they'd made.
    Then the undead fellow leaned close to Dr. Chan and whispered something regarding how much the duo should trust the bearded one, but it was mainly through lip reading that Asazel gleaned even this much from the conversation.
    Excuse me, Doctor, but the seal has been broken. Alex's soul is safe from harm.
    He looked to the dead fellow and nodded, saying Greetings.
    Then Asazel looked at the bearded man. He seemed fairly harmless at a first glance, but one can never truly be sure. I am Asazel, said he, and you are?

15. Wolfsbane

An Old One stepped through the door and into the establishment. Sören immedietly recognized him as Asazel, and was confirmed on this by the Malach itself when it greeted him. There was a slight tremble in his voice as he spoke, and he was careful not to look Asazel in the eye.

It is a great honor, oh Old One. My name is Sören Hamilton.

He had removed his hat by now, and bowed slightly. Fingering and twisting the hat in his hands like a wheel, he continued, with the trembling voice.

The gentleman here told me that someone came to see Herr Schneider earlier this evening. Might I ask, since this is not the usual state of Der Hafen, exactly what happened during, or after, his audience?

16. Arthgon

They traveled back to Der Hafen to search for clues and to rejoin the others. Inside the club Alex saw that the place was in shambles and had traces of a fierce battle. Dr. Chan was there with his bodyguard Adam, plus an unknown bearded person.

...trying to resolve some sort of deal they'd made. The undead told the unknown bearded person. After that Adam whispered something to Dr. Chan, but she could not hear what he was saying.

Excuse me, Doctor, but the seal has been broken. Alex's soul is safe from harm.

Asazel greeted then Adam, and began to speak to the unknown bearded man.

I am Asazel, and you are?

“And I am Alex.” Alex said

It is a great honor, oh Old One. My name is Sören Hamilton.

Hamilton removed his hat and continued with a trembling voice.

The gentleman here told me that someone came to see Herr Schneider earlier this evening. Might I ask, since this is not the usual state of Der Hafen, exactly what happened during, or after, his audience?

“Have you noticed his reaction, when he saw you? He seems to know you somehow, and he is a bit too curious for my likings. I don’t think we should fully trust him, until we know on which side he is. “ Alex whispers to Asazel.

Edit: Change/fixed some grammar.

17. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

It's time we put our heads together.
    "Well, Herr Hamilton. Want some tea?"

Chan prepares a round table and tea for everone inside the club.

When everyone's seated he serves politely and recounts the events of the evening to Hamilton.

"Now, gentlemen, lady, what do we know of this password? Shaw covets it, Schneider guarded it. Whatever it opens, it is the key to all this madness." And power!

18. Wolfsbane

Why, yes. Tea would be lovely.

Hamilton sat down at the table, looking rather tense even though he had calmed down. This could easily be blamed on the situation he found himself in, however; he was now the fifth wheel in the company of people who he knew nothing of (except for one). In a place filled with eldrich creatures and wizards, and with no Schneider to keep them controlled, this was generally not very good. The fact that some of them kept shooting him suspicious glances didn't help either.

Even though the american man had technically answered his question, noone had really told him anything about what had happened, or what was going on, yet. He had hoped that the doctor would clarify things for him, but alas, what was said only confused him more.

Who is this Shaw person? And where is Friedrich? Is he here? Friedrich?

Shaw covets it. Schneider guarded it. As in "guarded it until-". A very bad feeling was brewing inside Hamilton. He raised his voice a notch.

Friedrich?

19. Grossenschwamm

Asazel spoke in a somber tone;
    Herr Schneider is, unfortunately, no longer with us. Shaw saw to that.
    As for Shaw, many decades ago he went on a killing spree, targeting Malachs and taking them out as a cat would mice. He's a mage with great power, enough that even the likes of Friedrich fell before him.

Taking a sip of tea, he settled into his seat. How interesting that Asazel had no foreknowledge of Hamilton, and yet the bearded man seemed to know of him. One must tread carefully around such people, like Alex had said. However, of more importance was Shaw's desire for the unknown, what had been of such importance that Friedrich lost his life.
    This thing Herr Schneider guarded, what Shaw covets, must be of great power and mystery. Those who know of such things are to be protected, though perhaps having no knowledge of what it is or those peoples' whereabouts is protection enough. If they can be found by us, what keeps them safe from the likes of Shaw?

20. Arthgon

This thing Herr Schneider guarded, what Shaw covets, must be of great power and mystery. Those who know of such things are to be protected, though perhaps having no knowledge of what it is or those peoples' whereabouts is protection enough. If they can be found by us, what keeps them safe from the likes of Shaw?

"Is there any way to get to those people who knows about this first? Also, does Shaw knows their whereabouts and how did he knew it?"

"Why, thank you." Alex said when Dr. Chan gave her a cup of tea.

Alex took a sip from her warm tea, and continued.

"Now...nice tea btw...I know there will be a high chance that we can not save them all, but we should try it anyway. What for clues do we have so far about what herr Schneider guarded and what opens it. And important, how to defeat Shaw?”

Edit: Changed and fixed some of it.

Our Host!