possibly offensive question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by backstabber, Sep 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. carlstar

carlstar New Member

burn, all burn

now thats why i posted what i posted, so im with jinx on that. Its stupid to say you dont like some group of people because they are known as big eared or small in size or they attacked russia in 1800 and ate children 15000 years ago but people are idiots. Now who had that as there signature? Im thinking Jarinor.

Of course the threatning of snowmane was just an added bonus.

2. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Hmmm after pondering on the question for a while i come to a perfect conclusion: wizards! Or more precise rincewind the wizard. tadada. This thread is complete.
    Else i loathe the french for not having their comics written in english when i em in the area, the germans for serving me lousy pizza, the swedes for .....well something, the brittish for their pubs, errr the danish for their beards, the Finland, and greek people for their burgers, the canadians for their shoe museum, the americans for their president, the spanish beacause of their language(i dont get it) and finnaly the norwegians because of their politicans. Goodbye everyone i em moving to Belgium.

3. Windmills

Windmills New Member

I say the Indy 500. I just don't get it. Cars going round and round and round and round and round.....

:eek:uch:

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

It'd be a more cowardly race if they went away from the finish line, or just sat there waving each other through. I'd love to see that.

That's crazy talk! The whole physiology of the Puppeteers supports their cowardice: the protectively placed brain, the redundant extra sense organs, the strong hind hoof useful for running way or kicking only if cornered. For GOd sakes, Carlstar, their HERD animals! Doesn't that tell you anything?

5. Settler

Settler Member

Does anyone else HATE Terry Pratchett? I mean, you know, that really passionate hate, where you tend to fire off rounds at anyone with the first name of Terry OR the last Pratchett?

*Thinks about the horror that is Discworld and dissolves into a puddle of hate...*

6. Settler

Settler Member

OK, this ain't spam, I'm just on a new topic, which means a new post. So there.

Does anyone else NOT hate Phillip Ruddock?

7. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Re: burn, all burn

HRUMPH! Snowmane is not amused! And very soon, Snowmane must go to school, something Snowmane is not looking foward to! Plus, Snowmane's butt is very sore because of bareback riding. Grrrr.....

8. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

How can you hate Discworld?

9. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Pratchett is truly funny. Nowadays he has a writing team and has mutated into something with slightly more substance and maybe not such hilarity, but it still makes me chuckle to myself and occasionally breaks my face with an unstoppable grin.

I've been lucky enough to read everything almost straight after he's written it, right from the start, and it is now a yearly fixture I would not want to have to do without.

10. Milo

Milo New Member

Terry Pratchett is awesome. I've been a huge fan of his books ever since I read Mort. Or maybe it was the first book about the Ankh-Morpork coppers. Either way, these are some of my favorites and I've read all of them more than once.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Re: bangers

You'd better be referin to the north when you say yanky.
    ~whips out twin blades from in my sleaves~

I am from the south and do not particularly like foreigners callin all Americans yankees. Ok, I'm finished.

12. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

If I recall correctly... there was a war about this... oh... a hundred and forty odd years ago which determined that this country is, in fact, one country.

13. Dennis Moore

Dennis Moore New Member

I am also an American; but nobody ever called me a yankee.

14. Vlad the Imposter

Vlad the Imposter New Member

Yes, but, there was another war before that one (about 81 years before) in which all the colonist seperatists were referred to as Yankees.

15. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I know... you see, I wasn't against being called a Yankee, I just was saying that they obviously think that being called a Yankee has something to do with the Civil War. Am I making any sense? Didn't think so.

16. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

Any race or culture that would produce a child that thinks he has the right and (even worst) knowledge to both ask and answer such a sorry question....

Sorry this quote was a MUCH better reply then my own :p

17. carlstar

carlstar New Member

yanky

* Whipping out twin nukes*
    Go ahead, make my day.

Now you see i said yanky not yankee and.... oh god this is just silly. Viva la france, hail hitler, for king and country, stand steady men, *sniff sniff* was that you, god bless america, stop that i have a headache.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I don't hate him. In fact, I support most of his policies. Or at least the ones I know about. I wondered how this comment popped up - at first I was worried I'd missed the beginning of an unholy flame war.

Phoenix, all Americans are Yankees, just like all French are frogs and all Russians are Reds, like all Chinese are Reds, like all Cubans are Reds and like all Greeks are wogs.

19. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Terry Pratchett is fun, and specialy the discworld books. My favourite is book number one. :lol:
    Soory settler no one dislikes Pratchett. The earliest books were the best though.

20. Settler

Settler Member

I've never actually read any Terry Pratchett books... in fact, I tend to be always be wrong about these things.

But, guilty till proven innocent.

BTW Jarinor, that's comforting - I've got nothing but "racist pig", etc. for agreeing with Ruddock on the refugee thing. Bring them in, process them, keep the true refugees, ship out the rest...to NZ...

Our Host!