Sigs! Git Chore Sigs Heyah!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milo, Mar 7, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

Not quite!

I have embraced the ways of PSP7, and I find it very intieu... interuve... easy to use!

Fear not, for there are still people who shun the ways of Paint!

2. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

I have PSP7 now. I still use paint, though... some things are just better done with the Line tool.

3. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Wow - that avatar is well worth the wait, Milo. I was beginning to think you'd done a runner.

At this point, your comments about laziness and and burn out sorely tempt me to raise my "folding like a soggy house of cards" prediction, but that would be graceless given all your hard work.

I can't believe how good that avatar is. I really think you should give a proffesional job in graphics a try.

4. Etalis Craftlord

5. Etalis Craftlord

New sigs for Qilikatal.
    Lemme know what you think... :p

I like this one a lot more, but it's bigger and doesn't seem to shrink well...
    [​IMG]

The quote's from Terry Pratchett. It's the most recent thing I saw you post :wink:

This one's smaller, but less cool.
    [​IMG]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Etalis Craftlord on 2002-04-04 23:36 ]</font>

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

What? Then he'd have to actually stick to deadlines, and produce his masterpieces in reasonable periods of time! That is a very cool avatar as well :smile:. Milo, why don't you pick up a copy of 3DS Max? I think you can get a trial version out there somewhere. Why don't you play with it, see what you can get happening?

I think Sharon Shellman (Troika) got into the games industry because she tooled around with that sort of stuff in her spare time, and then landed a job on the Fallout team with no qualifications, just based on the quality of her self-taught work¹. She made a couple of movies in the Fallout game, such as the vats explosion one (I think).

I also heard that self-taught graphic artists also tend to produce better work than tertiary educated ones...something about how they had to work it all out for themselves, and so had more experience or something like that...

So give it a go! The only thing you've got to lose is your time, effort and pride :grin:.

¹Her husband was on the development team as well, as I programmer I think. I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with it though.

7. Kozmo_Naut

Kozmo_Naut New Member

There is a perfectly good line tool in PSP7!

Search the web for "PSP7 tutorials", and you WILL find more PSP7 tutorials than you will ever need!

May I recommend http://www.google.com?

8. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Milo, nice work on sherrif's avatar, it looks fuckin' brilliant, well worth the wait.

*edit* looks like you also got that donut avatar you always wanted with it sherrif, not too shabby huh?. :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrnobodie on 2002-04-05 03:11 ]</font>

9. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Jinxed always wanted the doughnut! The badge idea was my contribution.

10. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Very nice work, My-ho.
    You know, there's also lots of money to be made in fake driver's licenses.

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, he just has to learn Spanish, start drinking heavily, live in a basement, and wallow in grease all day. And move to Florida.

12. Etalis Craftlord

Is the grease really neccessary?

I made you something, Jar.
    [​IMG]

13. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

It's rather quite horrid actually :grin: I'm mucking around with it myself at home. I'm putting the Arcanum grass behind it as well as my cow and perhaps another animal? Anyway, I'll see what I can do... Although, can you do some fancy writing for me? I need "The God of all things WorldEd" in some really neat-o writing. Mayhap a gold shine on it or something? I can't do things like that myself. Mabe even have the Arcanum WorldEd icon on there?

That's a good one. I think it just needs to be a bit shorter. Move the bird over to the right in the gap in the top right corner there so that you can shrink it down a bit. Apart form that.... It's pretty neat.

Also, while I'm bagging your work :grin: I think Jarinors' sig was better when it was just the word, without the background behind it.

14. Etalis Craftlord

I tried it with the grass, but it wasn't working out, so I just scrapped that idea. Too bad you don't like that sickly green color... as for text, sure I can do it, but it'll be big and probably won't fit. You'll have to resize it yourself...

And Qilikatal's... if you look at it, you'll notice the bird goes from the very top to the very bottom. Moving it over really wouldn't help.

15. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Damn I suck at art...I tried making a sig for me and I just can not do it...I will show you guys once it looks fairly decent.

16. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

but the bird would probably look better if it was moved over to the gap... then you could see more of it

17. Etalis Craftlord

That's true... and then I could move the qoute over and shrink it down a little width-wise.

18. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

That's okay by me. Just give me a couple of different examples. Different colours, styles and such... I'll pick what I like and play with it.

So cut its tail off. :smile: OR.... Slant it. Instead of straight up and down, angle it so that its tail is

about here _____________________________ and the head is over here.

I hope that made sense.

EDIT: Actually, that'd probably look stupid. So jus cut that extra long bit of tail off.

Moo... Moo... I'm a Troika cow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkUnderlord on 2002-04-05 16:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkUnderlord on 2002-04-05 16:46 ]</font>

19. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Hey could someone give me some tips on making a good one for me? Not your Eticis or whatever the hell your name is. I thank you for thinking about me and everything but that one is just not right. I mean you no offence but I want a wide and short one. Those seem to look better on everyones sigs.

20. Etalis Craftlord

Our Host!