Smoking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grossenschwamm, Mar 22, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Do you smoke?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Hey, just curious, how many people here smoke? I'm a cigar afficionado myself. Just love the things. I've been spoiled, too, I can't smoke the cheap ones anymore. They HAVE to be worth at least six dollars, or they don't taste right to me.

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

The only actual cigars I smoke are the rare cuban that's left at my house and doesn't end up rerolled with a different filling.

I don't smoke cigarettes either. Those things will fucking kill you.

3. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

You're doing right, cigars are much more qualitative than cigarettes. Especially if you smoke them rarely, as a special occassion.

I smoked (Davidoff Classic) but I have stopped it because of 3 reasons:
    - there were 2 cases when after smoking, my throat began to ache, I coughed terribly, after half an hour I vomited 3 or 4 times, I had a strong headache and I was sick for several days (I suppose the cigarette only accelerated the thing, but it was still a dreadful experience)
    - there were numerous occassions where I couldn't run after the bus in the morning with the awkward urge to spit my lungs.
    - my father died in cancer.

I prefer drinking. As much as a cossack horse regiment after a winning battle. Horses included.

My favourite beer is Borsodi Bivaly (Buffalo of Borsod) 1 2 3 4

4. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I've never smoked - ever. I loathe the smell of cigarettes, especially on the clothes and the hair.

5. Grossenschwamm

I agree with you there; I HATE the smell if cigarette smoke. I only smoke a cigar once in a great while, maybe one or two every few months or so, so the smell never lingers on me. However, I still smoke....so I guess that makes my preferences a moot point.

6. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I smoke a tobacco pipe every now and then. Tried cigars and hated them, and I refuse to try cigarettes becuase they are addictive.

7. Grossenschwamm

Ever since I started smoking, I've been curious about pipe smoking. The tobacco can be really cheap!

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The key lies in packing the pipe properly. If you just shove it in its terrible.

--EDIT--

How very ambiguous.

9. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I've never smoked and will never, ever, smoke. It's disgusting. The only type of tobacco being smoked that I can withstand being close to is the tobacco pipe. And, the pipe looks better by far than those disgusting little cylinders the rest of the world's chosen to use.

10. floyd

floyd New Member

Yep, I smoke. Not regular filter cigarettes, though, because they stink.
    I tend to roll my own cigarettes: those taste way better and according to scientific research they are also somehow healthier. Did you know that the filter of a filter cigarette is actually the most harmful part of a filter cigarette. The fabric of the filter is treated with something like 100 diffrent chemicals during production and a lot of those chemicals can cause cancer.

I've smoked cigars as well, but I tend to inhale the smoke into my lungs which isn't really ... nice. Smoking a cigar is like smoking three cigarettes at once. Quite a thrill, but it works on my intestines.

I've smoked a pipe before as well. A hash pipe, that is. And I smoke the occassional reefer.

That's all I tend to inhale. No, let me correct that: that's all I try to inhale. I guess I inhale way more exhaust fumes than actual tobacco smoke.

11. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I like smoking things. By that, I do not mean I like ingesting harmful byproducts caused by the combustion of tobacco and various chemicals, but that I like watching smoking things. Things which are smoking because I've set them on fire. I don't mind if other people smoke...as long as I set them on fire. Fire is also fun to watch.

12. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

I smoke tobacco pipe, various english blends. When I do smoke cigarettes I roll my own. Also the occasional nicotina rustica snuff (I get it in rolls from argentina)

Good, clean (pure leaf) tobacco without a filtre is easier on your lungs than those cigarettes the big companies sell

13. Grossenschwamm

Wow, I'm not as surprised as I thought I would be, reading the replies to my thread. Most of the people who said "I do a little puff every now and then," I saw as fellow smokers. I agree that a pipe is more elegant than the "cylinders" most of us smoke, but I enjoy smoking cigars much more than a pipe. I don't know why, but I like the smell, the taste, the burn of a fresh cigar.

14. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

15. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I'm a scuba diver and reasonably innteligent so i don't smoke.

Allways love to burn stuff.

16. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

It's one thing to burn stuff, and another thing to smoke them. I, myself, like to burn stuff, too.

17. Grossenschwamm

Come now, we're not reasonably intelligent if we smoke? Not everything smoked is inhaled, though the risk for cancer is the same.

18. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

That's not a very reasonable answer. Look at the people we are brought to look up to and what they do ... smokers, bootleggers, etc

19. Grossenschwamm

Hmm...what if by smoke we could also mean "to cure meat." If that's possible, I love to smoke things, as well as smoke.

20. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

We in Washington made it illegal to smoke inside any public building.

Our Host!