Uh are endings broken?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Question, Nov 12, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Question

Question New Member

I have the unofficial patch, but when i completed the game, i kept getting different endings for the same save game.

E.G. I first persuaded kerghan. I only got the following endings :

-Max took cumbria throne

-Donn throgg

-Arronax buried Nasrudin

-Quintarra and Bedokaan banding together to fight poachers

I then loaded the save before the final confrontation(already in the void) and fought Kerghan normally.

I then got :

-Jongle dunn

-Arronax

-Alexander taking over the panarii temple

-One other that i cant remember

It seems random or something. Im not getting any endings for Loghaire(even though he was in my party), any follower other than arronax, the unified kingdom after negotiating the treaty...

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

The endings you get are dependent on what you say to Kerghan, nothing's broken. Try saying different stuff to him and you'll see even more ending slides.

3. Question

Question New Member

That doesnt really make sense. I mean, regardless of what you say to Kerghan, max still gets rescued and takes the throne, so you should see that ending slide...

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Well that's how it works; Drog covered this a few weeks back in another thread and it's highly unlikely he wouldn't know what he's talking about.

5. Deman

Deman Member

Try this; If during the game the sound effects or ending clips interrupt or stop playing at all, then you might want to try reducing/disabling sound acceleration. One place you can do that is:

Start > Run
    Type in DXDIAG and then switch to the Sound tab.
    In the middle of that window is a slider that you can use to adjust your sound acceleration. Try lowering it or setting it to 'None' and playing and see if that fixes it.

Once you're done playing, you should put your sound acceleration back up to Full.

Naturally, make sure your sound drivers are current as well for whatever sound card you have.

This was a solution for having the endings displayed properly in Fallout 2. It worked for Acranum too, at least in my case.

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

"My duck won't lay eggs, so I gave my goat a vasectomy."

Please read the thread before replying. His problem was completely unrelated to video issues.

7. Deman

Deman Member

I did and it reminded me of a similar problem I used to have. Some of the endings that were meant to be, randomly got skipped after I had dealt with Kerghan. The way in which endings were to be presented and which were not, usually didn't change unless I finished the game differently.
    This seemed awfully alike an error that could plague Fallout 2's ending slides. Applying the solution for that game to Arcanum worked for me. Why? I don't know, not interested in knowing either.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

If I understand this issue correctly, it wasn't that the videos were being skipped, but that he wasn't seeing the ones he expected to see (i.e: in-game decisions rather than hardware error).

Our Host!