Arcanum Soundtrack, Now in High Quality!

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Anonymous, Dec 29, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm proud to say that after all these years the Arcanum soundtrack is finally available in high quality! By a stroke of luck, one of the few promotional CDs that were distributed in Europe for free was found.
    <br>
    <br>The soundtrack was never released commercially, and all we had were the mp3 (128 kbps) version that Sierra made available for free download and the in-game version, which had the same quality. But since the mp3 files were available for free download, one would assume that distributing the uncompressed tracks is also legal, but alas Sierra never released them.
    <br>
    <br>A few weeks ago I found a person (who preferred to stay anonymous) that had a promotional CD and was willing to share the original tracks with everyone. And now the Arcanum soundtrack is here, in all its glory!
    <br>
    <br>Terra-Arcanum is proud to present you the Arcanum soundtrack in lossless quality!
    <br>
    <br><a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/Arcanum_OST_Lossless.exe">DOWNLOAD THE SOUNDTRACK</a> (21 tracks, WAV format, 265 Mb)
    <br>
    <br>The soundtrack has also been converted for the in-game use. While you can download the <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/HQ_Music_MP3.exe">MP3 version</a> (320 kbps) (101 Mb), it's also possible to use the original wave tracks in the game with the help of <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/HQ_Music_WAV.zip">this small patch</a>.
    <br>
    <br>I'd like to thank Mr. Houge for his magnificent and moving music. Only thanks to this fine gentleman we can enjoy such a unique work. He poured a great deal of love and attention into his music and it's greatly appreciated. I encourage everyone to read his <a href="http://terra-arcanum.com/index.php?section=council&content=articles&id=benhougesnotes">notes and comments on the soundtrack</a>.
    <br>
    <br>And most importantly, if you're interested in Arcanum and its soundtrack please consider purchasing a CD if the soundtrack ever gets a commercial release.

2. icecreamsoda

icecreamsoda New Member

Whoa, thank you very much :)
    But is there a wave-version of "In Memoriam"?

3. Mirrorshades

Mirrorshades New Member

Track found

Yeah, I know it's a year later, but I never noticed this thread until now.
    Here goes:
    Track 22 can be found on http://sierrahelp.com/Assets/Music/Arcanum/ as an mp3 in 128kbps quality, as well as the Franklin Payne radio broadcast.
    It's the only place a could find it since RPGDot went tits-up.
    I hope one or more of you find this useful.

BTW this is my first post in the forums after years of lurking (yeay for me). :D

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I suddenly feel encouraged to buy whatever you have to sell. Please provide the appropriate links.

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Sometimes I feel spam bots are on the fast track to pass the Turing test.

6. CrafterofMines

CrafterofMines New Member

Oh. . . my. . . gosh. . . NO WAY!

I know, I know. . .I'm restarting an old, old post, but I found this post on a Google search today and almost screamed. I was actually looking for a copy of the Arcanum game (I haven't played it in a long, long time) and I was shocked to find the entire soundtrack here. I mean, I kind of expected to find the music on Youtube or on obscure site, but I'm stoked that it's been compiled into one neat little package. Thanks for sharing this, Drog!

Once I find a copy of the game, I'll blop down on my couch, pull out the ol' multimedia laptop and go nuts!

Oo! And where are my manners? I'm Celeste! How ya'll folks doin'??? LOL.

7. Maria

Maria New Member

you can enjoy listening your music soundtrack of Arcanum its in high quality good job guys. :thumbup:

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Should probably look into that are you a bot button.

9. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I'm kind of content to let the spambots resurrect this. It amuses me.

10. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

You're content to do a lot of things that involve avoiding work!

11. DarkFool

12. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Why stop at one spambot when you can have three?

13. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Hey, at least they're grateful.

14. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Verily, I like them better than many of the active Lords.

15. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I don't know what's going on right now, but there's a link to a download for the full soundtrack in the first post of this thread.

16. ChronoKitty

ChronoKitty New Member

I've been looking for this soundtrack for quite some time now. Many, many thanks for sharing the resources. As a music buff, I can certainly appreciate something like this! I wonder how it'll sound off of the floor standing speakersI'm thinking of purchasing. Either way, rock on guys! Good to be here! :D

17. hhammersen

hhammersen New Member

Hey all,

I am new to this forum. I've been searching in for some games that I might be interested and I landed into this forum of Terra Arcanum.

Can I ask you guys something? Is this a nice and exciting game?

Thanks. Looking forward to your answer.

18. Constipation

Constipation New Member

No need to create alts to ask such questions, Arthgon. There's no shame among bros.

19. Manshee

Manshee New Member

It's incredible this forum when you think about it. It seems there is such an underpinning value of which holds the Arcanum game imparticularly on a giant pedistal. This giant pedistal has pushed your standards and expectations through the roof and turned you all into sour bitter people. You know why? Because Arcanum will always be that bit better than any other game you can discover. Any way I ramble, quite stoned and looking into things.

20. DarkFool

I haven't decided if you're a spambot or not.

Our Host!