Need help (Beginner)

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Inane, May 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Inane

Inane New Member

Now, I have a rather strange problem.
    I am trying to make a new mod and all that stuff, but! None of the .mes files exist, and its irritating me to a spleen-ripping-out level.

And I am also wondering how I can make new schematics, is that something I should leave for another day?

2. Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker New Member

If I understand what you're asking, you would need to get an undat utility (there are some good ones in downloads here) to extract the mes/rules/etc files from the files arcanum1-4. I'm pretty new to this myself so if this isn't the information you wanted, I apologize.

3. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Like he said, you need to undat it first.
    All the files that we can mod are compressed into the various dat files. The data not contained in these files is what I refer to as hardcoded, meaning we lowly mortals cannot access it.

If you need instructions on undatting let me know. I can't remember if the utilities come with decent instructions or not.

As for schematics, you need 2 files for them.

schematic_text.mes must be moved from your undat folder to C:\SIERRA\Arcanum2\data\mes

schematic.mes must be moved from your undat folder to C:\SIERRA\Arcanum2\data\rules

When you open up these files you will find that they are fairly self explanatory. The numbers used come from description.mes.

Our Host!