Modifying the base Arcanum module

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Scaramouche, Jan 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Scaramouche

Scaramouche New Member

Hello again.

I'm jsut getting started with modifying things. I started with some character backgrounds and made a little house. When I load up the world editor, the base Arcanum module is not in the list of things to open. I wish to add a little house to Tarant or Shrouded Hills where the character can sleep and store things without paying every night. Can this be done?

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Chris Beddoes is the only one I know of offhand who would know how to do it. But yea, it can be.

3. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

I've never altered the main game myself but as I understand it the principle is quite simple.
    Undat the dat files to a folder in the modules directory.
    Load up WorldEd. You will now see a mod title for your undat folder. Open this up. Enter the co-ordinates for Tarant. Make your building.
    Now copy the altered Tarant folders to your data directory.
    Sounds simple enough. The problem is you need to figure out which folders and files you need to copy to the data directory (the main map folder has 8026 files in it).
    If anyone knows that this doesn't work, please let me know as I may attempt it myself at some point.

It would be much easier to add something to another map e.g. sewers, castle interior, anywhere that is not on the main map.

4. Scaramouche

Scaramouche New Member

5. Melichoir

Melichoir New Member

Ironic that I should get the notion to do the same thing last night. I've been playing 1074 and I notice some annoying things that still need fixing.
    Everyone knows potassium nitrate and saltpeter are the same substance... everyone except My charachter :???:

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Our Host!