[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:06 am Post subject: 

Expert

I like dissecting arguments into little bits. Sue me.

This is what Stringy Pete does in his spare time.
Come on, you KNOW it is.
Additionally, give a big hand for the greeting party of the Vendigroth Wastes!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:26 am Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Location: There's a place for people like me, don't you worry.
I'm too lazy to carry on replying to this thread any more, it's not worth the effort. You've beat me Xyle, I bow to your vast knowledge of computer chips and the like. All you other crazy kids, have fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:27 am Post subject: 

Lord

Actually, much though it pains me to do, I have to give Xyle credit for accurately quoting a movie about kung fu. In mandarin, kung fu, (or as it would be more accurately written, "gong fu") does literally translate to "hard work".

These days it is almost exclusively used to refer to martial arts, however, the movie that was quoted is set in a historical context, when "kung fu" probably retained its original meaning, and therefore, Xyle's point is not incorrect. It is merely irrelevant.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:03 pm Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

Kierkegaard wrote:

You're an idiot then. It is painful to everyone involved and it doesn't make you look any smarter.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:29 pm Post subject: 

Lord

He invited you to sue him, not to call him an idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 pm Post subject: 

Fucking illogical, captain

Xyle wrote:
Paragraphs? How about two sentences: When I was four, I had to take classes in order to learn how to speak [and I never really caught on].

Case closed.

Edit: Found this as a recommended video while watching Wife Swap. Warning: mute!

Last edited by wayne-scales on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:27 pm Post subject: 

Lord

The Forbidden Kingdom was the worst Kung Fu movie I've seen the past... 3 months (Game of Death 2 was worse). And if I were to say "Traditional Chinese Martial Arts," people lack the familiar term. Not to forget that Kung Fu is used in context of martial arts by many people, and only those like Xyle, who have to make a fuss about every word insist on being anal about it.

Quote:
WS, Are you a liberal peacenik that can't reconcile the fact that Murder is illegal with the fact that War, Self-Defense and Capital Punishment are not? Even in nations where capital punishment is no longer legal, War is still legal. Here is my challenge, name a single verse that condones killing outside of War, Self-Defense and Capital Punishment. Keep in mind the fact that the right to exercise Capital Punishment was not limited to government in ancient Israel. As for as I am concerned, War, Self-Defense and Capital Punishment are not contrary to the law "Thou shall not murder." (And that is an understanding that I had before I was sixteen. & Whether or not you take the challenge is irrelevant to me.)

Don't forget that killing innocents when waging war is considered a "war crime." So our brave soldiers in the Middle East aren't allowed to shoot unarmed civillians, to give an example.

P.S. Repeat to yourself: "it's just a show, I should really just relax." But replace "a show," with "my life."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:24 pm Post subject: 

Lord

@Kierkegaard

Silence can be immoral when someone holding their tongue while fully knowing that their failure to speak will result in someone's death.

The rest I will need to consider your worldview on the matter to see if I even a means to reply.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:24 pm Post subject: 

Expert

Zanza wrote:
Kierkegaard wrote:

You're an idiot then. It is painful to everyone involved and it doesn't make you look any smarter.

If you thought my intent was to look smart, you are sorely mistaken.

@Xyle: If you want to know my entire worldview on the matter, you'll have to shoot me a PM. It's pretty tl;dr.

Come on, you KNOW it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:03 am Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

Oh ok, because you said that wasn't your intent I'll believe you. That or you just realised you're an idiot and want to cover your tracks now. I am leaning towards the latter.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:10 am Post subject: 

Ohhhhhhhh!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:36 am Post subject: 

Expert

Zanza wrote:
Oh ok, because you said that wasn't your intent I'll believe you. That or you just realised you're an idiot and want to cover your tracks now. I am leaning towards the latter.

Yeah, I hate it when idiots become self aware. That Kierkegaard fellow sure is a douche.

Come on, you KNOW it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:18 am Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

Glad we have come to an agreement. Only took 33 pages.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:26 am Post subject: 

Lord

Okay, topic over. Let's open another one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:50 pm Post subject: 

Lord

Zanza wrote:
Glad we have come to an agreement. Only took 33 pages.

Hey, back on page 20 or so, ytzk and I came to an agreement about ancient Hebrew not really having an integrated system of mathematical semantics or something.

If you haven't been paying attention, I'm going to demand you re-read the entire thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:53 pm Post subject: 

Lord

Jojobobo wrote:
I'm too lazy to carry on replying to this thread any more, it's not worth the effort. You've beat me Xyle, I bow to your vast knowledge of computer chips and the like. All you other crazy kids, have fun.

Vast knowledge? I speak of a few tidbits of knowledge that were useful for understanding the progession of computer technology, and I have vast knowledge?

Smuelissimo wrote:
Actually, much though it pains me to do, I have to give Xyle credit for accurately quoting a movie about kung fu.
It is easy to accurately quote a movie when you use turn on the subtitles and pause the movie every few seconds.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:04 pm Post subject: 

Lord

A true master can quote a wuxia or jidaigeki movie months, or even years after seeing it (at least, if it was a good movie).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:04 pm Post subject: 

Lord

TimothyXL wrote:
The Forbidden Kingdom was the worst Kung Fu movie I've seen the past... 3 months (Game of Death 2 was worse). And if I were to say "Traditional Chinese Martial Arts," people lack the familiar term. Not to forget that Kung Fu is used in context of martial arts by many people, and only those like Xyle, who have to make a fuss about every word insist on being anal about it.

What fuss? I liked the movie. I especially liked the part that I quoted and I wanted to share. Especially the part that I put in my sig: "Learn it all, then forget it all." If I just quoted the part that I put in my sig, it would not have made sense.

Anal? Yep, that's me. Completely anal retentive. I need to loosen up. But then, I don't get anal about other people's quotes, so why should you have a problem with it?

TimothyXL wrote:
Quote:
WS, Are you a liberal peacenik that can't reconcile the fact that Murder is illegal with the fact that War, Self-Defense and Capital Punishment are not? Even in nations where capital punishment is no longer legal, War is still legal. Here is my challenge, name a single verse that condones killing outside of War, Self-Defense and Capital Punishment. Keep in mind the fact that the right to exercise Capital Punishment was not limited to government in ancient Israel. As for as I am concerned, War, Self-Defense and Capital Punishment are not contrary to the law "Thou shall not murder." (And that is an understanding that I had before I was sixteen. & Whether or not you take the challenge is irrelevant to me.)

Don't forget that killing innocents when waging war is considered a "war crime." So our brave soldiers in the Middle East aren't allowed to shoot unarmed civillians, to give an example.

I agree that killing innocents is murder.
But don't forget that the rules of warfare have changed over the centuries. It is typically illegal to criminally prosecute someone for committing a crime that wasn't a crime when it was committed.

-- Arguing by Implying: the only question is "Are we really arguing?" --

Quote:
P.S. Repeat to yourself: "it's just a show, I should really just relax." But replace "a show," with "my life."

Reminds me of the line that goes something like "Life - no one gets out alive." Too bad I can't remember the rest of the joke.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:34 pm Post subject: 

Remember the good old days, when this thread was dead?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:31 pm Post subject: 

Lord

It's alive! Fritz, ve did it, ve haff revived a "thread"!

("Yeth, mathter.")

Xyle wrote:
Quote:

Reminds me of the line that goes something like "Life - no one gets out alive." Too bad I can't remember the rest of the joke.

Yeah "don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway."

Uh, and with fuss, I was talking not about the movie, but about how a couple of your arguments were based on the definition and usage of words.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:59 am Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

It was dead, but then you guys kept throwing in 2 word posts to push to 20. Now look what you did, your recklessness has caused the thread to grow to over 30 pages. May God have mercy on us all!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:22 am Post subject: 

Reptilus Rex
Reptilus Rex

Location: In Urwaldland, blowing smoke rings in the Hookah Lounge
Is this the part where one of you uncovers an easily misunderstood but oddly literal phrase in the bible that says people can kill those who have wronged them to the point of making said individuals incapable of finding work? Just to be clear, I'm speaking out of selfish reasons and have yet to find some form of closure through years of psychotherapy and countless meds. I'm currently hallucinating worse than if I was on a low dose of aid and I've been clean for 7 weeks. Not in a happy place. Thanks to the tricks my mind plays on me, I don't recognize my own face anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:52 am Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

Have you tried memorising what you see in the mirror? It may help towards recognition.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm Post subject: 

Lord

Presumably he doesn't know whether he's looking in the mirror or at a photograph. He might accidentally memorise the picture of George W. Bush that he has on the fridge, thinking that it's his own face.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:06 pm Post subject: 

Lord

And then look at a dollar and go "huh, that's my face on there."

Note: I've never been to America so I don't know what's printed on the different values of USD.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next