~~~ Arcanum: Enhanced ~~~
I have been working on an unofficial Arcanum expansion pack for a while now. Code-named "Arcanum: Enhanced
", this expansion seeks to add a plethora of new content to the game without harming the lore, story, or plot of Arcanum.
My goals with this expansion pack are the following:
1) Adding new backgrounds, portraits, and loading screens to the game.
- New backgrounds will aspire to be as balanced as possible. New backgrounds that are seen to be over/under-powered will be tweaked until deemed balanced.
- New portraits added to the game will not stray too far from the style of the original portraits.
- New loading screens will also try be as close to the original work as possible.
2) Adding locations and quests to the Isle of Cattan.
- This will include cities, towns, and random areas of interest.
- Quests will range from short, two-track side-quests to long quest-chains with multiple solutions and endings.
- New locations will feature custom-made scenery not seen in vanilla Arcanum.
3) Balancing certain builds as well as combat encounters
- The ability to repeatedly use 'Harm' removes all challenge from the game if you are playing a Dark Necromantic mage.
- Many people complain about the BMC mines being too difficult for the character level that it is designed for.
- The problems mentioned above are but a fraction of the balancing problems in Arcanum. This expansion hopes to at least weaken what needs weakening, and buff what needs buffing.
Over time, more goals may be added to the project. For the time being, these are it.
Some smaller, miscellaneous changes/additions will also be made. These will be noted in the read-me files for each respective release.
Help is, of course, always appreciated. Anyone willing to help me with this project is more than welcome to PM me. I do, however, want to work on this alone for the most part. Any help will be limited to me sending you a background/loading screen/portrait and asking your opinion of it, or asking for some help with the writing, as you can tell, English is not my native tongue.
Obviously, this is compatible with the unofficial patch+extra pack.
RPGCodex thread: http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=33429
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Screen shot gallery ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click on thumbnail for larger version of picture.
New backgrounds and portraits:
New items available at the starting barter:
Pictures of new/edited loading screens:
Center Point, a city suffering from years of civil war:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Downloads ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arcanum: Enhanced - Alpha RC 2
3 New Portraits, 3 New Loading Screens, 4 New Backgrounds
Balance changes to follower "Worthless Mutt" and "Ore Golem".
Two forms of Harm available, preferable one will be selected in later release.
New items added to starting barter.
Leveling speed highly increased, most locations closed off.
More information available in Read Me file.