google [bot] forum user - has the internet bitten u back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Sep 25, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

wtf is this?

[​IMG]

is this for my own protection?

So thats weird, has the internet ever gotten you in trouble? I get a lot of facebook requests from fake profiles but i've never really been defrauded or coaxed the interest of the authorities - i am very boring for the most part.

once though i got a letter sent to me by my ISP stating that if i continued to download episodes of Game of Thrones or other HBO series then they would alert the owners of these programs and sue my butt off. so i never did that again...

has the internet ever gone wrong for you?

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I may or may not have had a similar experience with Game of Thrones, causing me to reevaluate my attitude toward digital piracy.

3. werozzi

werozzi Member

There was a time when I had all my online passwords accounts with the same password, password that coincidentally ended up in hands of my lady.

From then on, all fired up.

I got an angry call from her telling me that i had just broken up with me via mail, and when I checked my mail, said letter was there, though inconsistent with my writing style.

Then, a pair of days later i got a few death threats from some guy, at the beginning I mocked them and even replied in L33t speech, but then they became serious, describing every single aspect of my life and such affairs.

Everything kept on scaling until I got to the truth:

My lady had used my mail and other addresses she had in order to make some kind of prank, but things went way too far and it became a lot more serious to me.
    At the end she ended up telling me, and the week ended in laughter.

4. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Re:

I'd say! That's quite a feat, to be honest. Never managed to break up with even a small part of my body, not to mention the entity I'd like to describe as "me".

5. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I broke up with some fingernail clippings earlier today. It just wasn't working out.

6. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Has the Internet gotten me in trouble with the authorities? No, but about an hour ago I thought maybe it had.

I seriously just got done with a half hour conversation with a private investigator who is looking into some libelous, fraudulent things being posted about somebody on craigslist. My participation in craigslist is very limited so rest assured my name is legit and I haven't done shit, but I was being interviewed because the person being "attacked" via craigslist is my good friend's ex-wife.

Let me complete the perspective of this for you. Somebody is paying somebody else actual money to investigate offensive posts on craigslist.

7. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Re:

Today's interview environment is very thorough.

I once used the internet to create some space between a friend and myself, enough space to incite a break in the friendship. My friends and I will often go out to this incredible Arlington, VA bar called Galaxy hut, which specializes in craft and micro brews... This isn't really worth noting but if you for some reason find yourself in DC or Northern VA it's worth checking out. Anyway, one night this friend brought up something marginally embarrassing - namely 3rd hand gossip regarding my participation in an experimental musical performance... http://vimeo.com/13233331

SO basically he really irked me by bringing up some 3 year old shit.

So I googled him and found he had won an Everquest sweepstakes through IGN about 5 years ago. I found some other things like some completely unused contributor profiles on modding web sites and some other things that might indicate that he's not quite the gamer he thinks he is. Maybe he's not even attempting to live his dreams quite as much as he thinks I should be, which was the crux of the musical criticism.

So I took this information and shared it in a fbook chat with a mutual friend of ours, whom I also told that I was going "Ocean's 16" our more critical friend. Friend B asked what does "Ocean's 16" mean? I said it was going to consist of "a criminal conspiracy to egg friend A's car lololol jk."

Friend B told Friend A and Friend A is paranoid enough to take it wayyy too seriously and he lectured me to some extent and I reassured him he was taking it way too seriously. Anyway he unfriended me on facebook, we haven't hung out in a little over a month, but he also just called me a week ago when they went to Galaxy Hut so I guess he's getting over it.

I'm not crazy, am I? Am I a bad person?

8. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know you or the conventions of your friendships but, applying what I know about humans in general, I'd say you are probably crazy and a bad person.

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Re: google [bot] forum user - has the internet bitten u back

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG2KMkQLZmI[/youtube]

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Re:

I suppose that's fair.

At the same time I enjoy the idea of causing someone stress by bringing up Everquest, and I'd never egg anyone's car.

That is also fair. However it was not my music, I was only playing it.

The payoff was that I got to be part of the opener for this band...
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRVc02b4_Ks[/youtube]

11. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Re: Re:

Yep.

12. No.9

No.9 New Member

How is this even a true story?

13. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:

That's nothing. One time, I ignored a receptionist.

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:

Admit it, you had your reasons for wanting that poor woman to stay fat:

15. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I feel like you might have fabricated that last quote but I also feel like you might have dug it up in a graveyard of things I may have said.

16. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The accuracy of my memory disturbs me at times.

17. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The internet does not forgive. Say something once and it gets used against you 9,5 years later.

Oh Dark Elf.

18. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

That was a great comic.

I got many belly laughs.

Our Host!