Help a newb please :( *follower editing*

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by plmcois, Jan 29, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. plmcois

plmcois New Member

Hello, I just started playing Arcanum again and i installed A:WIP.

my question is, how to edit followers
    and how to make some of them be able to craft for me, the ones who dont have the option originaly

i use character editor 1.8 but it gave me some errors, basicaly it messed up stats bad, read them wrong, and eventualy when i pressed the tech skills/skills button it would give some error and close.

so is there an alternative to it?

also it doesnt let me edit the followers from A:WIP, i want some girls on my team, dont like running around with a bunch of homos.
    me,virgil,sogg,magnus,chukka , looks like a boy band tbh.

2. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

Look, I can't help you with the follower edition matter, but I can help you if you want a girl in your team, there is one in Blackroot. She's an herbalist. Very useful...

3. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Post disassembled for point-by-point analysis!

You can give them the skills, but giving them the dialogue would require adding the dialogue to the characters, which isn't as easy of a task. I think, if you dug through the modding section, you could learn how to do it.

I would guess there's two possibilities. First, is that you typo'd your characters name. Doing so breaks just about everything with that program (if I recall). Other would be that, since it's java based (I think), you just need to update java.

In a Layman's terms: No.

While using homosexuality as an insult is about as valid as saying that the tea party is full of intellectuals, I'll ignore this minor line that strikes discord with me, and continue on to the topic of your horrifically ugly boy band. In my mind, the reason for the prevalence of men over women in this is that is simply how society primarily was in the 1800s. The womenfolk were in the kitchen while Little Garl left home, and went out to make his way in the World.

4. plmcois

plmcois New Member

I dont have anything against the homos, i was just making a point .

and thank you for the info, I will sort it out .

nice to see ppl still play this game, i feel like i used a time machine

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You have a very good point there, DF. In light of this, it makes perfect sense that three out of four female followers are elves, with the elven communities having a completely different social structure and all.

This explanation is a much better excuse than anything they could ever come up with considering Fallout 2, that's for sure.

6. plmcois

plmcois New Member

ok, i updated java, registered all the ocx/dll files and I am spelling the character name corectly, and when i open the save, sogg is a master at repair , and 2 points in firearms also, at level 3.

7. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

You can also use this for editing followers' stats directly in-game.

8. plmcois

plmcois New Member

that one doesnt work, it only lets me change their leveling scheme.

I think i will reinstall the game and see what happens. I did do it right the first time though, but you never know.

Thank you

Our Host!