Why are all the ghouls dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Jun 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

In Necropolis, I have yet to find one single living ghoul. The super mutants are attacking me as soon as they see me. Even Set (I believe his name is) is not there to ask me for help with their water pump and threaten me with death if I steal their water chip.

Several months back, when I first played Fallout, I got all these options and quests. Why are all the ghouls now mere greasy spots? Did I wait too long before I went into Necropolis?

*falls back asleep at work

2. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

The masters army has been there and have slayed all the inhabitants. there is only live ghouls in the vault and one that has managed to hide behind a bookshelf.

You got there to late, now they are all dead and YOU, you are to blame you careless killer you.

3. xento

xento New Member

You have to get there by a certain time? I didn't know that! What is the days limit?

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Fuck the ghouls. It's their fault they're too stupid to defend themselves against the mutants. I've got my own vault to save, dammit.

Umm, what does this mean, game-wise?

5. Clothos_Vermillion

Clothos_Vermillion New Member

I don't think it makes any real difference in the game. No more ghoul missions, but doesn't make much of a difference. Just make sure you get the important item of Necropolis, the water chip. And screw the rest of them, unless you decide to find those damn junk parts and fix the damned water pump

BTW, did you ever beat Diablo? You mentioned you were playing some weeks (months?) back. I just replayed it and finally beat it. Twas fun, but kinda tough at the end. I used Apocalypse to kill a buncha baddies though and i did ok.

6. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

No, I never beat it. (I put it down) GASP!! THE HORROR!! THE SURPRISE, THE SHOCK!!! heh

Naw, once I got to like level 15, and started getting my ass kicked, I just got bored. Plus I could not for the life of me get any of the good spells. I don't remember if Apocalypse is just a scroll or not, but I do remember there were at least a couple of spells that most walkthroughs referred to, but I never got them.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Okay, I think I know why the ghouls are dead...did you go there once, leave, and come back later to do the quests? I think you really only get one chance to talk to everyone in Necropolis, and that's the first time. Just a theory though.

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

No, it has to do with the time limit. The master's army is eradicating all resistance. IIRC, if you wait too long, the same fate will fall upon the rest of the cities and then it's game over.

9. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Shit, where do they go next? I'm in the glow right now, and the only cities I have left to completely explore/finish/do quests are Brotherhood, the Boneyard, Military Base, and the Cathedral. I just started fighting the robots in the Glow.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, the whole time thing is new to me. I've got no idea where they're supposed to show up next. Still, them gradually wiping out all the cities is COOL.

At the Glow, there are several easy ways to get around the robots:

1. Kill them on your way in. They don't fight back.
    2. Simply stay at low power, except when you need to get to level 5. When the primary power is off, so are the robots.
    3. EMP grenades :D.

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Sorry they will not destroy any other citys, it was planned to be like that, but the game was shipped before it could happen.
    So they will only kill all the people/ghouls in necropolis.

12. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Heh heh. Guess what I'm going to turn off when I get back to the game. I didn't know you could kill them while they lay there.

13. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

Sice we're sorta talking about Necropolis, could anyone post a screenshot or two of the Watershed (just the surface)?

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Errr...why do you need a screenshot?

On another note, I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm just confirming the existence of a far more satisfying - yet evil - ending of the game, for those who are tempted to follow the Dark Side.

So, mega spoilers ahead...

SPOILERS

Overseer kicks you out. When you're good, you take it like a man, and walk off into the desert. When you're evil though, as he's walking away, you draw a pistol, and shoot him in the back. You also get treated to the best death sequence in either Fallout game.

Then, to top it all off, you give him the finger. Beautiful.

END SPOILERS

Lots of space to make sure you don't see the spoilers if you've just scrolled past them and can't help but see.

15. stormwell55

stormwell55 New Member

One for a module for Arcanum I'm making, and two I would do it myself if only my CD rom drive still worked!

16. xento

xento New Member

Jarinor, funny, but I never saw any finishing animation BESIDES that one.

How "good" does your character have to be to just take it?

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

If you have the Bloody Mess trait you get to see it as well.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

So, Jinxed, you get to see that ending if you have Bloody Mess, even if you're good? That doesn't make sense...or do you mean you can see that animation apart from the end? I've played Fallout with Bloody Mess before, and as far as I'm aware THAT animation is unique.

Xento, you have to be fairly good...if you do very little evil stuff - as in pretty much limit yourself to Decker's jobs - then you should see it. I suppose any decent positive reputation would do, although it's possible that you also might need the Champion rep, which you get after doing enough good deeds...is there an evil equivalent for Champion? I'm a little miffed I didn't get if that's so. I did get Childkiller :D.

19. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

... or you hit the combat short-cut key really quickly and you can do the deed yourself.

20. xento

xento New Member

But, in that case, does it still blow half his body off, and does he still do his wimpy act of crawling to the vault and reaching out like some innocent creature being tormented?

Wait, maybe he is.... NAH!

Our Host!