Who can tell me how i could Chukka\Gar\Loghaire\Sogg\Dog?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by plumbs, Aug 9, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. plumbs

plumbs New Member

2. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Sogg - you need charisma of 9 iirc

Dog - when you get to Ashbury go to town hall, next to it will be a gnome kicking the dog. Save the dog (various dialog options with gnome, but do end up killing the bastard please for all poor animals on this planet)

Chukka - When you get back from BMC mines you can talk to Chukka and ask him to join you. I don't recall any special requirements, I think you just need a free place in your party to trigger "join" dialog option.

Loghaire - He's a tricky one. You need to convince him to return from his exile first. Talk to his son until he explains you dwarven stone&shape philosophy. Then he'll tell you that he might fight once more when you learn what happened to the BMC clan (LATE in game). After you get this info return for him.

Gar - He's the "orc" at Parnell's right? You just have to uncover that it's a humbug and then talk either to Gar or to Parnell to buy him out (I don't remember this one).

Note: this will be an extremely powerfull party, they will be capable of doing all the fighting for you. My advice is that Half-ogre and Dog are more than enough; remember that you gain much less experience when your party members do the fighting.

3. plumbs

plumbs New Member

but i don't even know where H.T. Parnell located~

H.T. Parnell

4. Luinil

Luinil New Member

i believe that with sogg the requirement is actually persuasion 1, not charisma, i may be wrong though. after returning from BMC i left immediately for ashbury and the isle of despair, if i go back to bates and have a slot, can i still get chukka?

5. Luinil

Luinil New Member

6. Memnoch91

Memnoch91 New Member

Sogg needs only charisma 9, no persuasion needed

7. plumbs

plumbs New Member

8. Luinil

Luinil New Member

okay, i can be wrong, i just generally have persuasion 1 before i leave shrouded hills anyway so i just assumed

9. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

To get gar you need at least persuasion 1 (im not sure if you need 2) talk to gar and ask him about tea, tell him you like the other kind of tea and if you have enough per he'll go on to tell you about the fact that hes really human. Then talk to partnell and ask him about gar them tell him that the tarant authorities take a dim view of slavery, hell offer to give you gar, he'll either join you or you can free him for a fate point.

10. Luinil

Luinil New Member

for some reason, i cant get the join dialog with chukka, i have done the bmc, isle of despair, went to quintarra, and am now searching caladon. i have had a slot open the entire time and have checked back after each part, i guess i dont really need him now that i have sogg, gar, dog, virgil, magnus, and hopefully raven soon, but it would be nice to know how to get him for a different game...

11. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

I haven't been able to get him either, I think you need the correct dialogue options (I heard that asking the guard about him and being polite to bates is neccasary.

12. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

I was playing with a large party:
    - Dwarf from Tarant
    - Half-Ogre from Shrouded Hills
    - Dog
    - Vincent

I decided to let all of them go, except for Dog.
    (I actually forgot to take back some of the items!)

I them asked Chukka to join me.

With Chukka and Dog alone I have as much muscle power as I did (if not more) with the others.

Chukka and Dog together make nice body-guards.

13. Luinil

Luinil New Member

who is vincent? you might be confusing virgil's name but maybe theres some random follower i dont know about. also, in my opinion sogg is better than chukka because you can get him when hes closer to your characters level

14. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

What was I thinking about?

Vincent = Virgil

What game am I thinking of? I've got my NPC's confused.

Thanks for the correction Luinil.

Chukka has Strength 22.
    I think it is worth developing him. He seems to pack a BIG punch.
    I gave him a Sword of Air and Gauntlets of Dexterity to compensate his lack of Dexterity.
    After that adjustment, he seems to perform pretty well.

15. Serpentine

Serpentine New Member

I believe Chukka's only quest-related. If you return to Bates' Mansion after the BMC, doesn't he leave?

I had a weird glitch with my sys when trying to get Dog in Ashbury. I killed the gnome that was kicking the dog, and something (his spirit perhaps?) kept kicking Dog until it was dead. Luckily, I was able to resurrect it. That "worthless mutt" is one hell of a fighter!

16. Luinil

Luinil New Member

yes serpentine, dog is awesome.
    i have not had chukka disappear after the bmc, he just wont join me

menkhur, in my opinion, their differences are almost nonexistent, i merely prefer sogg because ive always been able to get him and he is excellent to have when hes wearing gloves of dexterity, 2 charged rings, and wielding the great arcane sword

17. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

But the problem is these followers take all your experience so you don't level up so much so they don't so you can't kill the really hard monsters.

18. Luinil

Luinil New Member

the way i use my followers is to back them off whenever i think i can handle what im facing, this way i gain lots of experience and level up which means they do too, that way when you fight difficult monsters, you can set them loose to own everything

Our Host!