What's Wrong With Virgil? (possible spoiler)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chaotrix, Sep 19, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Chaotrix

Chaotrix New Member

What is it with Virgil? First he won't heal Magnus, except sometimes when he (Magnus) is about to die in combat. And now he won't heal me! If I ask him explicitly he will do a Light Heal, but not Halt Poison or Major Heal like he used to do. Is this (another) bug, or did I do something to piss off Virgil?

And another thing. If I tell Magnus to wait he does so, but when I ask him to rejoin the party he just says "Will there be anything else?" in this really creepy mouth-full-of-graveyard-dirt kind of voice, and he doesn't join the party. I read somewhere that this happenned if you didn't kill the necros at P S and Sons. Well, I hadn't, so I went back and killed them and Magnus thanked me and told me his clan name but he still won't rejoin the party if I tell him to Wait.

2. lawson t fuckup

lawson t fuckup New Member

if you are a high-level techie, he may not bother, because it probably wont work on you.

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

noway the Ai in the game concerning their behavior towards you leaves alot to be desired. e.g. I'm a 42 level tech and he KEEPS on trying to heal me through the entire game and it never works since since level 15 I'm 100% tech. and he keeps on doing it lying himself out with fatigue
    It is a question that cannot be answered

4. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

He stopped healing my tech character about halfway through the game.

5. Dakun

Dakun New Member

hmm

same.. stopped healing my theif once i hit like 60% techy.

ai knows this...

just like now... i have all magic/neuts... and he heals everyone .. but sebastion.. who is like 60% tech.

i'm pretty sure the AI can handle that hehe

jamie

6. Chaotrix

Chaotrix New Member

Ahhh, the tech vs. magic angle. Which also explains why V won't heal M. Makes sense, but I wish the game was a little more informative about the player's state. Like when my Beauty went down and it took me forever to figure out it was from a (self-inflicted!) scar.

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

And how did they ever organize the manual? I read this review, forgot who, but it makes sense that the manual needs a lot of work.

8. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Not much really, I guess a table of contents or an index should do the trick.

9. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

There are several indexes and TOCs online. To Troika, maybe on your next work, probably Arcanum 2, work the manual out. Okay? :smile:

10. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

bumping this

I am bumping this because no one answered his question about Magnus. I encountered the same problem with Magnus, and I would like to know the reason why...

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Probably because when you first meet Magnus, Virgil really doesn't like the look of him...insults him and whatnot...he heals him very rarely...caused him to die in the sewers once...I was less than pleased with Virgil, to say the least...

12. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Thanks Jarinor

Really, the question I was hoping to get answered was why will Magnus not join you? For me, he joined me AFTER I made an agreement with the schuylers. But if I ever ask him to wait, even for 1 minute, he will not join me again. Why?

13. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

14. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

15. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

16. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

17. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

18. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

19. Milo

Milo New Member

HT Parnell runs the curiousity museum in Tarant. His is the last shop on the main street before you hit the Bates mansion.

About Magnus not (re)joining you... I think this is sort of a self-correcting bug. He isn't supposed to join you in the first place if you don't kill P Schuyler and Sons (I think. I always kill them, so I'm not sure). So the fact that he joined up with you in the first place is the bug, and him not rejoining you after you make him wait corrects it... sort of.

20. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Triple posted. Bryant, it seems you are hacing so many problems with the game. What version do you have (again - if I didn't already ask this question)?

Our Host!