What is up with the Invisibility Spell

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by sal paradise, Nov 15, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. sal paradise

sal paradise New Member

Exactly what good is the invisibility spell if i'm not invisible?

I decide to rob the bank in Shrouded hills. I go invisible and guess what. The bank girl can still talk to me. Constable Owens can't see me at all, but the bank girl srue can. The guards sure as heck see me too after I try to make off with the goods. What good is going invisible if you can't abuse that power for the purpose of evil? Do I need a higher magic aptitude to get "more" invisible or what? I'm at 60% magic aptitude now.

How can I make this spell work for me? I really want to go invisible, then backstab all the annoying people in the game, but I don't want to take a beat-down from the guards in the process. Is prowling better than invisibility?

2. elrat

elrat New Member

if your main objective is to backstab...I think prowling is the better way of doing so..

however, the problem with prowling is that if you have followers, they might get caught, which would make you get caught...

I've never mastered the invinsibility skill, but from what I know, I think you can make yourself as well as your other followers invisible as well...(not sure about this though)

3. Milo

Milo New Member

You don't need to prowl to backstab. You just have to be behind the guy (or girl, you bastard!).

That's why backstab rocks in turn-based combat. For only a few APs, you can walk around the enemy and do double damage with every hit.

4. Roach

Roach New Member

I have found that people do talk to you whilst invisible. When I went to assassinate a certain person the guards knew I was there but didn't prevent me from picklocking the door to my target.

Also, I have found that I have to cast it on my followers to enable them to get past, which chews up a few fatigue points.

5. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

but you just cast it and thats all...
    i mean you dont have to pay(with mana)
    every short period of time.

which is very good.

Our Host!