What is the best weapon in Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by OrionM26, Sep 6, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. OrionM26

OrionM26 New Member

Hi guys, what do u think is the best Magical weapon in Arcanum. And also which is the best gun?

I am using SpyGlass Rifle. Damage 40/40

2. DrunkenMaster

DrunkenMaster New Member

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Pyrotechnic axe!!!

30-50 fire damage (enemies lose their armour REALLY quickly), plus regular featherweight axe damage, plus your strength damage. At the end of the game, I was doing 30-50 fire damage (duh!), 21-34 physical and about same in fatigue...as soon as you get the pyrotechnic axe, the game becomes very easy for a melee character. Of course, you have to be technological to make the axe, but hey...1 point in explosives, 3 or 4 in smithy and you have a super powerful weapon.

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

did anyone use the granade launcher? sounds like it kicks ass, (still truying to build that tesla gun!!!)

5. tarin

tarin New Member

hmm grenade launcher yeah its quite good but i prefer fast weapons what about the mechanized gun ? makes 1-30 dam ft 1-5 rng 15
    speed 20 i think fires six bullets @ once or so im not sure right now but sound intersting
    or the charged accelerator gun ? but theres is athink i dont konw what means ED: 10-10 ?
    i think the looking glass riffle has also something like that what means this ED ?
    a least i think it would be cool to switch between 2 weapons like in D2 LoD
    so you could use for example as an gunman
    a mechanized gun if battle getting close and a looking glass rifle sniper everything from a safty place
    would be cool eh ?

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

What is the best weapon in arcanum.

I think it depence on your playing style.
    Also my player carried 2 or 3 different weapons. In our world than H-Bomb make than very poor hand to hand close combat weapon as it destory you an very thing in than radus of many miles.
    I like the Sword of Defence.

7. nobody2751

nobody2751 New Member

i havent tried the tesla gun but so far the looking glass rifle is the best, and maybe the flamethrower too, it does huge amount of damage in seconds...burns the enemy to the crisp

8. tarin

tarin New Member

i think the large arcane sword is a really good mellee waepon mebbe one of the best
    and i like the fine revolver the best one hand gun i think

9. Dakun

Dakun New Member

hmm

i perferre the HAND CANNON as a onehanded gun heheeh maybe its just the name.. but i love it.

arcane sword is great.. so it ax... for a magik based.. techy you gotta go pyro ax.. just cause of the 30-50 fire damage on top of whatever else their is.

later

10. Camo

Camo New Member

Well that depends...

Personally if you don't mind being an evil character... I do but if you don't there is the Bangellian Scourge. It does something like 5-30D, lighting damage, quench life, harm, sp 15. That's after you identify it... b4 it says something like 5-20D, poison damage 5-20 or something like it.

The drawback seems to be that everytime you use it you get a -2 to align btw it has evil align which -30 from your initial align.

Talk to Stringey Pete and he'll tell you how to avenge his wrongdoings and he'll tell you about the Bangellian Scourge and how he wants you to destroy it.

Go there retrieve sword, come back and bash him over the head with it. Whole bunch of really damage resistant lv 45 skeletons appear and I found it easier to disarm them first as they are a real pain to kill. Without their weapons they won't even do any damage to you at all. So much for unarmed combat.

Personally I've yet to try firearms as the ammo is a real pain to get and you go through them like spit.

I do however like Ellumyn bow which at sp 25 really kicks ass. Something like 10-20D +50 for animals... did I mention the speed!!!

If you guys can find something better please let me and others know.

11. tarin

tarin New Member

yeah this bow is really god the bengalian scourge too but you get them later than the arcane sword or any gun and ammo is no really
    pain i think just buy the schematic for bullets and when you re in a town just go to a shop keeper and buy the hohle 240/260 bullets i never run out of them
    (only at the begining and really big dungeons with tought enemys)
    i carry always 500-700 with me so its quite difficult to run out of ammo cuz i only use fine revolver and LGR and booth only require
    1 bullet per shoot
    BTW does anybody ever used plastic explosives ???
    ok their no real weapon but its the most destructive tech power in the hohle game i think

12. Camo

Camo New Member

Why buy when you can steal....

shops are there so i can loot them... all the ammo and arrows i want and if they put their money into the same chest... too bad.

I wonder if there is a really good projectile weapon as I'm getting a little sick of bashing everything with a sword or using a bow...

13. tarin

tarin New Member

try the LGR the handcanon the fine revolver
    bronwycks gun the tesla gun or some of the big one s (grenade launcher/blade launcher

14. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

mostly I use guns in realtime since it's easier and faster, but bronwicks gun is useless, since you can manually dodge the slow moving blobs, only works if they are coming straight at me

15. tarin

tarin New Member

i ve the feeling bronwycks gun makes some special damage vs some creatures but i dont
    know against witch one and how mutch but i think its still cool cuz most of the enemys dont try to dodge manualy and in small corridors with many enemys its usefull cuz theirs no space to dodge and the gun is not too slow so after some seconds the hohle corridor is full of these bubles
    at least i dont use it on my own but it works fine with sebastian

16. Voormis

Voormis New Member

well, actually, the best weapon in the game is Kyggrds Falchion, in the void.

but you only get to use it at the endgame, so its kinda pointless.

17. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

hey but it's not the easyyest if things nor the most cheap and finnaly light way to make and keep fuel in your inventory since I end up spending 500+ in every dungeon. in the long run I think the charged accelerator is better since the bullets are instantenious

18. Camo

Camo New Member

Man I hate it when I can't get a schematic.

I've been just waiting to get the damn fire obstruction schematic but I can't seem to get it anywhere... so no flamethrower or pyo bow. Where can I find this sche?

Anyhow found some schematic to combine the acient gun chassis with the whchucallit.. veridian heavy rifle... whatever that damn thing is called and i get this strange pistol that does something like 20-40D. Pretty fast and cheap too 15SD and 1 bullet.

19. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

20. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

It seems that I never post something in here since I'm a pure mage and I don't usually use weapons. I got this axe thing, I forgot it's magickal description, but when I hit somebody with it, his/her head goes off, body halved, etc. I never notice this until I replay the game. The bodies breaking apart, that is. :smile:

Our Host!