What am i supposed to do with money?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by origo, Oct 28, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. origo

origo New Member

My char is a mage with hagle expert rank (did it basically so that every salesman would buy all cr*p from me). Before arriving to caladon i had ~40000 gold. I was running around all the cities hoping to find something worth to buy, but no, everywhere it's the same stuff. I'm dissapointed with all this shopping. Collecting money for almost all the game, so that before going to thanatos isle you'll buy a ship, that's not cool. and even after this i had about 20000 gold left with no clue where to spend it. Oh, has anyone experienced the bug when virgil becomes a 0 level wall?

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I don't know...Kill Gilbert Bates and buy his house :smile:.

Or donate to the poor. Better yet, go buy heaps of weapons and armour that you don't need :smile:.

3. Tidus

Tidus New Member

Buy items that look intresting like elvan stuff!

Sorry for anny bad spellings

oh and how the hell do you make money?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tidus on 2001-10-28 21:52 ]</font>

4. Kaldak

Kaldak New Member

well, there's always the sheep at the whore house....

5. origo

origo New Member

making money is easy!

Making money = expert haggle, stealing, throwing attack (no need to buy bullets and almost no need to repair). I earned the most in kree, there are lots of dread armours (each sells for ~1200), although there are many other places.

6. Greebley

Greebley New Member

one use...

If you are magic oriented, you can buy haste potions. These are pretty cool. Even if you have the spell haste, you don't have to pay the cost of in mana or in a slot.
    Use intelligence potions before most conversations (unless you are max) or any time you want the benifit of +10 to any skill if your int is high enough to make it to 20.
    I was keeping up the highest level time spell and burning through fatigue potions at a rapid rate.
    The only pain with this is buying all this. I could teleport to each town. Which made it much easier to get more potions. i agree it is not that exciting, but at least the money has use. I definitely liked haste though.

PS I discovered high intelligence can make a huge difference in certain conversations. I found using the potion more convenient than raising the stat (at least early on that is). It was annoying that the potion would run out fast, so I had to sometimes rush through.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greebley on 2001-10-29 02:03 ]</font>

7. origo

origo New Member

hmmm...

I used haste potions rarely, mainly because my magical oriented character was also throwing master with dx 18 and azram's star, so i had enough of speed, when drinking up haste potions i can throw that star ~20 times - enough to dispatch any group of any monsters. But these inteligence boosting thingies are interesting idea, i'll try ém with my new char.

8. elrat

elrat New Member

elrat

i would also buy scrolls of spells I do not know...also Arcane stuff pops out in the wise women inventory once in a while....

9. origo

origo New Member

scrolls... i don't know, well, i bought 1 resurect scroll, but never used it, also few others just to try out, but those mage sshopekeepers have very limited selection. And wise women, sell the things i sold them before:)

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Buy scrolls of Divine Magick - at ~10000 gold each, why bother going to the wise woman, who only charges you 100 gold? Pay 100 times as much, for as much time as it takes to run over there and back...

Seriously, the cost for those scrolls is so unbalanced...does anyone actually BUY them?

11. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

If I got lots of money to spare I would buy them.

12. origo

origo New Member

:)

Am i the only one who put points to haggle? Those scrolls of divine magic for haggle expert cost less than 5000.
    And i bought 1 scroll of divine magic, but i had problems activating it: i activate it, but inventory window doesn't open, so i couldn't cast it from scroll... anyway i maxed divination spells: for the beginner like me, they were pretty usefull for collecting info.

13. Kaldak

Kaldak New Member

why would you want to waste points on either haggle, or divination?

14. origo

origo New Member

Why? Because...

That is my first more seriously build up character, and these skills helped me uot, i think, and still i got no problems until the void (then my save crashed).

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Ouch...me, I'm going to try heaps of different characters, so I can do heaps of master quests and whatnot.

16. monnie101@yahoo.com

monnie101@yahoo.com New Member

I load up on the Teleprtation scrolls & the scrolls of exiting I find them very useful in going back & forth from town to town especially if I forgot something or just had to go back somewhere.

17. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I try getting them. After all I am mage. Except for the exiting. I still need to buy them.

18. casual1y

casual1y New Member

im a techie, but i still buy scroolls of exiting, they work and have saved my life over 10 times.

19. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I found it first at the BMC and use it only once or twice.

20. drunk26

drunk26 New Member

Easiest way to get money

Is making a char with high lockpicking skills, and maybe prowling, you don't really need prowling, but it helps in some shops. Go into a town during night time, shrouded hills and BlackRoot are my favorites. If your not using prowling, be barefoot, or have very sneaky shoes. tell your followers to hold up. and lockpick urself inside the shop when no guards are around, then go in the back, and open their chest. You'll get access to all of the stores goods, so you'll never need to buy bullets or arrows again, and you can get insane amounts of cash very quickly. All you have to do is rotate a few towns, or even just go once a night, and you'll be super rich. Lockpicking really helps in the beggining if you use an ammo using weapon.

Our Host!