Weapons

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by smcwhtdtmc, Sep 8, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. smcwhtdtmc

smcwhtdtmc New Member

Ok... for tech characters, is there any better melee than a pyro. axe? I have yet to raise a techie to 50, so I'm not quite as experienced there...

Magick guys: Anything better than the Bangellian Scourge? I've got a 41 mage-warrior who's never failed to kill anything in one round with it. Granted, speed of 30, but still... the blade is awesome.

Guns? I haven't even played a gunslinger yet, but I'm curious.

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

right now the best gun I have is the tesla gun 10-80 damage but the granade launcher should proove good, and I think the pyroaxe is the best meele weapon.

3. Aidan

Aidan New Member

Doesn't the Bangdelain Scourge lower your alignmen to -100?

4. smcwhtdtmc

smcwhtdtmc New Member

Scourge

I don't believe so... my char's alignment with it equipped was -76. I could be wrong about this (I don't have that save anymore), but I'm pretty sure that it didn't do anything of the sort.

5. tarin

tarin New Member

noble revolver is laso nice cuz he has a speed of 17 3-12 dam and gives +5 to so you hit nearly all the time but it takes a bit to
    take enemys with many hitpooints down (im on lev 40 and i ve found no better one or two hand gun for battle) but it has the advantage your still abke to wear a shield
    (the npc sebastian has a really good one that has an ac of 30 and gives +40 magick resist i havent found it in the item section and i dont know the english translation)
    if there is a better one hand gun plz tell me

an other great gun is the looking glas rifle
    cuz it has high damage and +20 to hit and its great range
    (mebbee the tesla gun is better but im
    unable to build it right now)

and there is some more questions i have
    1. im unable to rise my perception over 20 why? the books say its possible to raise attributes till 24
    2. is there a shop
    (or a quest or something)
    where i can buy the helm of vision
    3. where can i get trapmakers spectakles ?

6. Aidan

Aidan New Member

you can't raise any stat over 20 unless you have a race modifier like elves getting +1 to beauty so they can reach 21 but thats it.

Don't think you can buy the other two.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aidan on 2001-09-10 21:35 ]</font>

7. tarin

tarin New Member

thx for answering but i think the trap malre spectakles must be can be found some where cuz there s no other way to get them right ?

i ve some more question
    what kind of gloves boots rings and necklace
    do your tech chars wear ?
    i wear dwarven gloves metal boots the finger of mannox (i think there s no better necklace for a tech char) and 2 charged rings

can any body tell why im unable to read the schematic for schrecks multi barreld pistol ?
    i ve tried it after stealing and i was unable
    and when i retrieved it from mr. black im unable too is there a special lev or IN lev required ?

and why hell the troika forget to create some good one hand guns i think they suck all appart from the fine revolver and bronwycks gun

and last but not least does dexteritx affects the speed of guns (im not sure cuz if you think logical what should affect it? you can put the bullets faster in the chamber ? i dont know)

thx anyway

8. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I wear the neckless form the bordello mama
    it's +40 magic resistance no matter youre ampitute. The dex matters as well as in any other things just as well. And maybe the accelerator pistol is not that bad. I wear 2 charged rings and I wear machined gloves and stout boots

9. tarin

tarin New Member

hmmm i ve a special tech shield (ac 30 +40 magick resistance) i dont know the english translation and i haven t found it on tis page i get it from sebastian who joined me after clearing the boil problem

why the high velocity pistol ? the fine revolver is faster and gives +5 to hit
    im on lev 40 and i use it still
    (in combination with the looking glass rifle)
    the only problem is the weak amor
    i use cuz i want to be as goood as possible in prowling so i use oiled thieves leather i think only arcane chainmail is better gives you more bonus
    but i think i lose them when i get on a high tech lev

10. smcwhtdtmc

smcwhtdtmc New Member

Sebastian?

Where is this sebastian guy? It sounds like I need to kill him and take his shield... I've done the boil quests but never went looking for followers afterwards.

11. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Sebastian is so witty. Well I haven't got him on my team but I read about him at the official site.

12. Reo

Reo New Member

Those spectacles are given to you after completing the Master quest for arm/disarm traps. I forget who the NPC's name is, but he's in Caladon by Dragon's Loop. That tech shield you combine a fine iron shield and that electrical harness thing used in creating a healing jacket.

13. tarin

tarin New Member

sebastian is not that good in melee but with brunwyks gun he s quit usefull and he can make many usefull thing s many grenades and so
    but he s a bit stupid sometimes he trow
    a mlotov cocktail on an enemy when me and my followers are around thats suxx

14. smcwhtdtmc

smcwhtdtmc New Member

Shield

Yeah yeah... I know -how- to make the shield, I just don't want to sink CPs in to electrics just to get one when I could take it off of a dead body.

15. tarin

tarin New Member

you found him in the boil pub hte human with the borwn amor near the entrance

Our Host!