Video Lag

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Leo, Aug 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Leo

Leo New Member

For some reason, arcanum seems to struggle on my laptop. The system specs are: Intel Pentium III 497 MHz 192 MB Ram, and a NeoMagic MagicGraph256AV driver. It is above the minimum system requirements, but for some reason i get really choppy gameplay. At first i thought it was my directx, but i have 8.1. I currently dont have any sound either. Could it be that i need updated sound/video drivers? and that is the reason for the laginess? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Canis

Canis New Member

Your RAM is a bit low for this game. The stated minimum system requirements are more than misleading in my experience. Also, some video cards just don't work as well, and yours could be one of them.

Have you tried running it in safe mode?

3. Leo

Leo New Member

safe mod works only for a min or two. . The only problem i have now is when i try to scroll the screen it lags up a bit, but at least i can toggle conversations. my computer passes the system requirements though

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Just thought you may have missed that bit.

5. Baal

Baal New Member

Just how much ram do you have on your computer? It says it requires 192BM RAM, but I found it to be a bit slow on my old system it had 250MB RAM.

I have no problem now I’ve got 1GB of ram, plus 5GB on my hard drive designated as RAM.

6. Canis

Canis New Member

He says in his post that he has 192.

Our Host!