Tulla: it ain't easy being evil in a world gone to hell

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Serpentine, Aug 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Serpentine

Serpentine New Member

Has anyone else tried to invade Tulla and go for Spell College mastery while evil? I've walked to the location on the map, found the city, killed the gatekeeper (it was the only way to get the gate to work), and now everyone attacks me on sight. Which is fine, except that when confronting the Spell College Masters, I can only recover the amulets of spell colleges for which I haven't learned any spells. For the colleges I do know, the Masters don't seem to be wearing the amulets. Additionally, I have no way to get into the final room -- not for Pelojian's Amulet quite so much, but to use the teleport gates (to find Quintarra, etc).

Does anyone have suggestions to get the amulet I want, get into the final room, or a way into the city without killing the gatekeeper?

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

I guess the only way to do it, is to say the CPs needed for the colleges you want, and then to go in, get the amulets, and then master the colleges.

Or you could use an editor of some sort to give you the amulets, although I don't know where you'd get one.

3. Serpentine

Serpentine New Member

Actually, it's when you *have*any or all of the spells in a certain college that the Master doesn't have the amulet on his person. So Character Points aren't going to do anything that I can tell.

Or is it a question then of not being of high enough a level to be let into Tulla? I thought you have to talk to Nasrudin first. Charm and Dominate Will don't work, the gate doesn't let you enter until you've been approved by the gatekeeper or you've killed him, and there are no other conversation options.

I've attained Mastery in other run-throughs, but this one (playing evil) really frosts mycookies. :(

Thanks for trying.

4. Menkhur

Menkhur New Member

TUlla doesn't open their door to "anyone". It seems to be part of the "main" plot line, so you have to wait to be "sent" there.

After you talk to Nasdurin and Tulla becomes a Quest (not a rumor) then you can enter peacefully.

I went in as good and aftter I entered the city I decided that I wanted all the magical items for myself, so I rampaged the whole city and looted all.
    I said this because I found out that not all Masters have Medallions.

Some masters do not have Medallions on them. I am no magic user, I used to be a thief, in fact. So maybe there is no medallion for the school of magic that you are looking for ...

Or maybe that is the quest that you need to fulfill to become a master: retrieve the lost and forgotten medallion from the claws of an evil creature!

The teleportation portals, on the other hand, only worked AFTER you retrieve the object that Nasdurin requests you to obtain. If you have not encountered Nasdurin and you do not know what object I am talking about, then I can only say I hope you haven't killed him.

You need to complete this quest to be able to enter Tulla peacefully and for the portals to work after you complete the other quest.

Hope this helps.

5. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

Someone did it with invisibility. The point of the mastery quests is that you get the amulet which takes you through the portal.

6. Susano

Susano New Member

while were at it:
    I got the medaillion from the black necromancy master who said I just walk through the gate in centre of Tulla (I think it was)..... so I wore the medaillion (had to put my beauthy medaillion aisd.e tsk tsk tsk lol) and marche dthrough the gate.... and nothing happened!
    uh.. what could be wrong? I learned black necromancy until spell 3 btw...

7. xento

xento New Member

Well, I can't be of much help here.
    Did you REALLY walk to the Vendigroth bridge in REAL TIME MODE???!!!

8. xento

xento New Member

Well, I can't be of much help here.
    Did you REALLY walk to the Vendigroth bridge in REAL TIME MODE???!!!

9. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Well, you can't really go anywhere if you killed Nasrudin.

10. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

You don't walk through the gate in the center of Tulla - you go to the swirly purple circle inside the temple (by the Mural). I was confused about this too, since the gate in the courtyard is used for the Faal K'in quest.

-Poiuyt Man

11. Susano

Susano New Member

Ahhhhh! This makes sense.... at least this stupid puprle thing has a pupros enow lol
    Thanks!

12. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

How can you possibly not walk into a pruple thingie when you see one? ;)

13. LoKi_820

LoKi_820 New Member

14. Settler

Settler Member

Apparently not. Purple. Purple. Nyeh. Purple.

15. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I can. My fingers on the other hand...

16. Evil Assassin

Evil Assassin New Member

I can spell pruple.

On a serios note, you can only be a master if you have 5 points on the particular sphere (I.E. force)

Our Host!