Taxes Bug?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by loyalp, Dec 3, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. loyalp

loyalp New Member

So, I talked to the kind and then I went and bluffed the Mayor of Black Root with the newspaper article. He gave me the taxes (well, he said he did, I didn't look at my inventory). When I got back to the king, I said, "Here's your taxes!". But, I evidently didn't have them...

So, is there some bug here, or did I not pick up the taxes somewhere?

2. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

let me get this straight. Do you have the quest scratched off in your journal? If you do, than all is fine and dandy. Otherwise, revise the situation and post again.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I think I know what happened (a similar thing occurred to me yesterday). I think what happened was that your inventory display screwed up, and the taxes were all black. I made some skeleton keys (the mechanical schematic) but they weren't appearing in my inventory, then I noticed two black boxes. I clicked on it, and the display had screwed up, causing my skeleton keys to be appearing in black. Leaving the area and moving to a new one fixed the problem, but if I was a betting man, I'd say that's what happened to you.

4. loyalp

loyalp New Member

Definitely an inventory burp

No, the quest is not marked off.

When I arrived back at the king and spoke with him, my dialog was "hey, here's your taxes". The king's dialog was "yeah, where?".

Were the taxes supposed to just show up in my inventory, or did I need to pick them up somewhere in Black Root?

Argh. This is frustrating.

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I've never tried to bluff the Mayor of Blackroot. Maybe he bluffed you right back.

6. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

If your inventory was full then the taxes may have been placed on the ground. You should have picked them up. Are they still there? He may have picked them up. You can steal them back with a fate point if this is the case.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Or kill him for it.

Even though I don't use my fate points, I try and collect as many as possible :smile:.

8. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I donot use than fate point to pickpotck the mayor of blackroot. I use the character editor to give me pickpotch of 5 and master level. The secret of this game is to not to carry too muck in your invorty.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Do you then change your skill back? If you don't, then I'm sorry, I really just can't abide by cheating unless it's the only way to advance in a game and you haven't (assuming that you've fulfilled the requirements, but a bug has prevented you). That's about the only time I find cheating in a serious game acceptable (cheating in something like Warcraft 2 to see the end clips is okay as well :smile:).

10. flamethrower

flamethrower New Member

you don't got enough spaces, and the taxes goes to heaven (gone). that why i always left at least 4 spaces while i'm playing the game.

11. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I limit my cheating to I cheat in an cetain way.
    In Master of Orion I discover how to use than hex editor to change the charactist of planets and to created planet where no planet exist at all.

Our Host!