Some questions...answers appreciated!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raywind, Sep 25, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Raywind

Raywind New Member

Hi all, I'm relatively new to Arcanum, and hope someone can answer my questions.

1) Does time matter at all in the game? Walking from city to city takes a lot of time (almost a month sometimes) in game time. Is this going to have some negative consequence on me? Are there timed quests in the game? The only alternatives are by rail (unavailable with my doggie), by boat, or by teleportation (unavaible to anyone but a master at conveyance)

2) NPC Levels...ugh. It seems they only level when you do, so if you get Chukka (level 16) when you're level 25, does that mean he can never progress past level 41?

3) For some reason, Virgil's dexterity is red and 2 points below it's normal. This is not due to any cursed items, since even naked he has this problem. What's up with that? Did he get crippled somehow? If so, what can I do about it?

Thanks for the help in advance! :smile:

2. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

1) Time does not matter. According to shellman they learned their lesson from fallout. There are no timed main story quests.

2) You are correct. Some characters you can get before you are their level. They will not level until you reach there level.

*Small spoiler*
    3) I would say Virgil is crippled. Without the heal skill or major healing spell he will stay crippled. He does learn some healing and white necro. Maybe if you wait he will uncripple himself.

3. Ioo

Ioo New Member

another DEX problem, there is a sword that lowers ur dex by 4 every time u weild it PERMEMANTLY, that is in most times the case, it's blackstone sword from old tarantian sewers. gettin a bit tired of postin bout it:) mebe i should make a bad item list

4. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

5. Dakun

Dakun New Member

welcome

welcome to the forum .

that is a good tip about the blade (also notice the evil helm and necklass (caladon theif quest necklass,) indentified as same name and stats as the evil helm (neg 20 alingment one)

their are some quests/scripts that are time effected (collecting the 400 coins for madam lil ( 5 days till the guy gets paid) the orge in stillwater (just have to wait a while till he comes home) the dog in ashbury(if you don't go to the inn almost as soon as you go to the city, he will be kicked to death) the master guns (run north to save the wife ... quickly or she dies) im sure their are others... but physically traveling the land... taking months... doesn't really affect anything.

Our Host!