Small character mountain pass?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Spazweez, Dec 13, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Spazweez

Spazweez New Member

In the Roseborough/Caladon area of Arcanum, there is an area east of Roseborough at the mountain range where there is some sort of thieve's enclave (sorry, I forget the specific name). I don't think this is Gorgoth's Pass (since I'm guessing the location would be called something like, um, "Gorgoth's Pass"?), but I'm wondering if anyone has been here.

All I get when I click on the location is one of those mountain walls with a cave opening. Unfortunately, the opening says it is only big enough for small characters. As a dwarf, even if I tell everyone else to wait, I cannot enter the cave. Arrghh!

Is there some kind of shrink juice or whatnot that I'm missing in the game? Can this area only be approached from the other side (i.e., the east side of the mountain range)? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks in advance for any clarifications here.

2. potoroo

potoroo New Member

Helloooo !

The spell "shrink" exists but I don't know if you can have it on a scroll. Anyway what I found in the cave wasn't so interesting ! But may be I didn't find every thing...

:bunny:

3. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

There are "Shrink" scrolls. You can obtain one from Pollock and another from the Black Magick shop in Tarant (the one that's only open at night). If you keep coming back to that shop, you'll eventually get two "Shrink" scrolls, and that's how many you'll need to complete the Quest you're assigned in the Thieve's Cave (the place you're talking about, Spazweez).

4. Arathorn

Arathorn New Member

However remind that to complete the quest for good characters, you als o need to be a master pickpocket to plant th evidence on one of the thieves (or use a fate point). The master pickpocket can be found in Tarant, Jimmy something is his name. He's in the park and when u talk 2 him, he calling you foul names.

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

I'm trying to include as few spoilers as possible. :smile:

6. Spazweez

Spazweez New Member

Thanks much for the tips on this front, although I'm afraid the news is all bad in my case.

As a heavy tech (tech 100, actually) character, I'm pretty much banned in all magic shops. I suppose I could steal and/or loot the requisite scrolls, but I can't imagine I'd be able to use them very effectively on myself.

I guess I'll just wait for my next character to take the plunge. Anyway, thanks again for the info. :smile:

Our Host!